watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

thanks a lot, JK

Started by HatterDon, October 12, 2011, 02:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Clint should be flying home now after playing 180 minutes over four days in two locations in matches that meant not a damned thing.

After Klinsmann complained about the proximity of Saturday and Tuesday and said he'd never allow a schedule like that again, he runs his best outfield player into the ground for absolutely nothing. Clint only knows how to play flat out, and I hope he's going to be okay to go back to two-a-week matches for Fulham. A SMART national team manager would have sent his European-based outfield starters home after the first match, or at least restricted them to 30-45 minutes in the second. Klinsmann, of course, is an idiot and can't quite figure that out.

I'm hoping that Jol and the board tell JK that they won't be releasing Clint for any more friendlies. Dempsey is in the best form of his life right now, and that only continues for a finite period of time. I really HATE the fact that 90 minutes of it was wasted in New York last night.

Rant over.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

richie17

I read an article once that suggested one of the reasons for Ryan Giggs' longevity was not having to play for Wales in the summer tournaments.  Wouldn't be surprised if Clint's effectiveness dipped horribly in his thirties.

leonffc

I don't think it was so much the summer tournaments with Giggs. The fact he played about ONE friendly in his whole Wales career certainly helped though.
As Don says, Demosey plays flat out all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmithyFFC

Its been my opnion for a while that he should retire from internation football. He never gets any kind of summer break, its a wonder he hasn't had more injuries over recent seasons..
FTID

nevzter

I wholeheartedly concur that Dempsey's inclusion in last night's match, for anything more than a cameo, was asinine. 
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on October 12, 2011, 02:36:09 PM
Clint should be flying home now after playing 180 minutes over four days in two locations in matches that meant not a damned thing.

After Klinsmann complained about the proximity of Saturday and Tuesday and said he'd never allow a schedule like that again, he runs his best outfield player into the ground for absolutely nothing. Clint only knows how to play flat out, and I hope he's going to be okay to go back to two-a-week matches for Fulham. A SMART national team manager would have sent his European-based outfield starters home after the first match, or at least restricted them to 30-45 minutes in the second. Klinsmann, of course, is an idiot and can't quite figure that out.

I'm hoping that Jol and the board tell JK that they won't be releasing Clint for any more friendlies. Dempsey is in the best form of his life right now, and that only continues for a finite period of time. I really HATE the fact that 90 minutes of it was wasted in New York last night.

Rant over.

Agreed. Yes that was another hour and a half I wasn't going to waste but did see Clint as you say play what turned out to be the entire match balls out and for what? We are just awful to begin with and looked even worse last night. JK was just desperate for a win.
Altidore is an embarrassment. He fell down like a little school girl and has no heart spine or pride. God he is awful.
Thanks HD for getting me all disgusted again.........and to your main point Clint's legs are going to be jello and he needs to tell JK to piss off!!!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

MrFantastic

USA is a country that he was born in and is only fair he gives something back to it as all soccer player should be glad to play for their country. I mean they play soccer football for 2 hours and train and get a lot of money, so what if they make a trip and play a game it is not that difficult he is not an old man. Maybe English fans don't care about international football that much because they have such a great league but other smaller footballing countries do as is their chance to see good player play and i like international football because you play against real Englishman or Germans mostly they have some Turks in there unlike when you play English club where almost all players are not English at all there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

jarv

As much as I agree with everyone, it seems like CD is very passionate about club and country. If left up to him to decide, my guess is he would want to play for the national team.

I too would like to see him retire but only 2 years to next world cup. He will be looking towards that. International football? A borefest but if CD was Scottish, I would not want him to retire.

Klinnsman? fp.gif

horse1031

i was thinking the same thing last night Hatter...  why did he keep him in the whole game!  all 90 mins?  Its not so much the playing i am all that concerned about, it is the traveling and jetlag.  He is probably used to it by now but if i was Jol i wouldnt be too happy that one of my best players went halfway across the world and played 90 in both games. 

Jurgen's reasoning below...
http://insider.espn.go.com/sports/soccer/blog?name=us_national_soccer&id=7089109&_slug_=how-clint-dempsey-responded-jurgen-klinsmann-challenge&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fsports%2fsoccer%2fblog%3fname%3dus_national_soccer%26id%3d7089109%26_slug_%3dhow-clint-dempsey-responded-jurgen-klinsmann-challenge
In Dempsey's first full national team camp, Klinsmann has challenged the Fulham star and U.S. prime-timer to raise his game. "I told him, 'I'm gonna ride you,'" Klinsmann told Insider ahead of Tuesday's match at Red Bull Arena against Ecuador. "I'm not holding back. I will tell you, there's more to come from him. He showed that against Honduras, the power that he has."

he has ridden him right into the ground...

Jimbobob

:023: :58: :023:
Jurgen's is realizing how bad we are and he's "gonna ride" the only horse he has.
Great... :dead horse: poor Dempsey.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

aussierod

I dont mind that Clint turned up and had a game over there, Klinsman could have had a good look at him, see what he's capable of in training and in a match, but as said previously, he should've pulled him off with 20-30mins to go. As an Australian, the coaching staff of Australia have been quite good in recent history of giving the high profile european based players a rest (ie Cahill, Emerton, Kewell, Neill, Schwarzer) and letting the lesser known a chance to play. They don't allow them all off at once but if they've a slight knock and the game's not a crucial qualifier or tournament, then we allow them the proper treatment and the manager can look at other up-and-coming players
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Jezzzzzzzzzzzz he will look like a panda when he gets back

Burt

Some people are proud to represent their country regardless of whether the match is a friendly or competitive...

This is entirely down to Clint.

nevzter

I don't disparage Clint's desire to represent his country, but, there has to be a better line of communication (and/or less selfishness from the manager in a friendly) regarding Dempsey's use in friendlies.  The next round of U.S. friendlies will allegedly take place in Europe, so travel won't be an issue, but still, the guy has been playing nearly a year-around schedule since 2007.  I want his best for Fulham and U.S. matches that mean something - burning him for 180 minutes followed by an 8 hour flight to London isn't the most beneficial strategy.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Steve_orino

Quote from: HatterDon on October 12, 2011, 02:36:09 PM

Rant over.

Come on now HatterD, it'll be okay.  MJol will be able to sit CDemps for the game against Krakow... :doh:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09