more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (13/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 13, 2011, 07:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

First refusal on Eastleigh striker

Eastleigh, of the Conference South, have offered Fulham first refusal on their young forward Sam Wilson, following a successful trial for the West Londoners, the Southern Daily Echo have confirmed.

When pitted against Portsmouth's academy side, Wilson impressed the Fulham staff, scoring two goals which greatly aided a substantial 4-1 victory for the Whites.

Lengthy talks ensued and both clubs agreed on a first refusal route, in which no other club will get ahead of Fulham in the race for Wilson's signature. This deal will last until the end of 2011.

Eastleigh director of football, Dave Malone, said:

'Fulham were very, very impressed with Sam and they will continue to monitor his progress in the coming months.

'We have agreed with Fulham that we will not covet interest in the player from other clubs for a period of time and we will review that situation in the new year.'

That we didn't offer the youngster a contract immediately has to make you ask certain questions, however.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/10/12/2485251/first-refusal-on-eastleigh-striker?

WhiteJC

International round-up

Things may be getting somewhat drab on the domestic front, but Fulham's international representatives have been lighting up football stadiums worldwide while Martin Jol and his back room staff take a well-earned break.

A whole host of first team players and academy players alike took part in national games over the past week and, in some circumstances, impressed no-end.

Clint Dempsey showed new USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann exactly how masterful he can be with the ball at his feet, scoring the winning goal in a 1-0 friendly victory over well-respected Honduras. Dempsey received the ball in the penalty area before displaying a mere glimpse of his truly abundant flair in dragging the ball back onto his weaker left foot and nestling the ball acutely in the top left hand corner.

Damien Duff and Stephen Kelly will, arguably, be the happiest returnees when they are welcomed back to Motspur Park ahead of Saturday's game at the Britannia Stadium. Both players featured for the Republic of Ireland against Armenia, a game in which victory assured Giovanni Trapattoni's side a place in the play off round for qualification to next year's European Championship. Neither player scored but they both provided essentially astute performances.

Bobby Zamora and David Stockdale were in the England squad that drew with Macedonia, although neither featured, while Chris Baird will feel deflated after a 2-1 home defeat to Estonia removed any minor hope of qualifying for 2012's Euros. The result is also likely to affect Nigel Worthington's role as manager, with the former Norwich boss looking to step down.

Phillipe Senderos of Switzerland, Moussa Dembele of Belgium and Jon Arne Riise of Norway also all felt disappointment, which is testament to how difficult it now is to qualify for major international tournaments. Norway came closest, but they required a greater margin of victory over Cyprus to leapfrog group H rivals Portugal. They won 3-1 but it wasn't enough.

Matthew Briggs impressed for England Under 21's side, as they outshone a resilient Iceland team. Briggs, as always, looked creative on the left flank. However, he was ruled out of his side's next win, which made it 3 out of 3 for Pearce's men, after suffering an injury during the warm up.

Pajtim Kasami and Kerim Frei also featured at a younger level.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/10/12/2485256/international-round-up?

WhiteJC

Opta Stats: Stoke v Fulham

A solid defensive display in the first half is essential for Stoke if they are to see off the challenge of improving Fulham...

Stoke City have fired in fewer shots on target (17) than any other team in the Premier League.

75% of the goals Stoke have conceded have been netted in the first half, the highest proportion in the top flight.

Stoke played Fulham three times last season (twice in the league and once in the Carling Cup) and all the games finished with a 2-0 scoreline.

Clint Dempsey has scored three goals in the last four league meetings between Stoke and Fulham.

Bobby Zamora has scored in four of his last five Premier League appearances.

Peter Crouch has scored in three of his last five Premier League starts against Fulham.

Tony Pulis' side have scored just four goals in their last nine Premier League matches.

The Potters have won only two of their last nine games (W2 D3 L4).

Since losing to Fulham at the Britannia Stadium, Stoke have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League home games (W7 D4 L1).

Fulham's win over QPR ended a run of seven matches in the league without a victory for the Whites (D5 L2).

http://betting.betfair.com/football/opta/opta-stats-stoke-v-fulham-121011.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham first in line for Wilson
Cottagers strike first refusal deal for teenager

Premier League outfit Fulham have secured first refusal on Eastleigh's teenage sensation Sam Wilson.

The 17-year-old striker recently undertook a trial with The Cottagers and he impressed the club's management.

Wilson bagged a brace for Fulham's academy in a 4-1 success over Portsmouth on Saturday.

Now, following talks, Eastleigh have agreed not to let a rival club move for Wilson for the remainder of the year.

Agreement

Eastleigh's director of football Dave Malone has confirmed the agreement, although they can review their position in the New Year.

"Fulham were very, very impressed with Sam and they will continue to monitor his progress in the coming months," Malone told the Southern Daily Echo.

"We have agreed with Fulham that we will not covet interest in the player from other clubs for a period of time and we will review that situation in the New Year."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11681_7237264,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham loanee wants extended stay

Bjorn Helge Riise wants to stay at Portsmouth

Fulham loanee Bjorn Helge Riise is hoping to extend his stay at Portsmouth past the end of his loan doal.

The 28-year-old moved to Fratton Park in the summer and has made two appearances for Pompey.

He is hopeful he will be able to stay on the South Coast for a longer period of time.

"Hopefully I can play my part while I am here," he said.

"I want to do as well as possible during my time at Pompey and help the club climb the table.

"I want to play as many games as I can while I'm here. The only way I'm going to do that is on the pitch."

Do you want Riise to return or stay at Portsmouth? Tweet us @FulhamFc_Lon24 or leave a comment below.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_loanee_wants_extended_stay_1_1088311?

WhiteJC

Solid Stoke good value to keep clean sheet against Fulham
Look past Fulham's 6-0 win over QPR and back Stoke to keep a clean sheet at the Britannia.

Fulham might arrive at the Britannia Stadium for their Saturday showdown with Stoke brimming with confidence after a 6-0 win over QPR but the home side still look like the best bets to take all three points in a game of few goals.

Although they showed plenty of attacking potency at Craven Cottage against Rangers, Fulham have struggled in front of goal on their travels this season.

In three league matches on the road, Martin Jol's men have managed just one goal on their way to a draw and two defeats.

They are unlikely to improve their strike rate against a Stoke side who, in contrast to their away fortunes, have proved impressively resilient on home territory.

Despite coming up against Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United in their opening three fixtures at the Britannia, Stoke have conceded just one goal.

This suggests they will have little trouble repelling a Fulham attack which has been so anaemic away from the comforts of the Cottage.

A bet on Stoke keeping a clean sheet therefore looks great value at 7/5.

A successful £25 free bet on Fulham failing to score would return £60, with the free bet available to new customers who sign up for a bwin account.

Should the match follow this form and Stoke manage to keep Fulham at bay, victory will surely be theirs for the taking.

However, Stoke have hardly been prolific at home, suggesting they are unlikely to emerge as easy winners.

The Potters have only struck twice in their three games at the Britannia, while just one of their seven league matches this season has featured more than two goals.

This makes a bet on the game to contain under 2.5 goals a safe option at odds of 31/50.

But the fact Fulham conceded twice against Newcastle and Wolves earlier in the season suggests Stoke will have enough to claim the spoils.

As such, a 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 multiple correct score bet at 11/5 looks appealing, as does a Stoke win with under 2.5 goals at 31/10.

For more straightforward betting options, Stoke are favourites at 21/20 in the 3Way market, with a draw at 9/4 and Fulham success at 13/5.

http://bwinbetting.com/solid-stoke-good-clean-sheet-fulham,7974.html?

WhiteJC

Spurs and Fulham target Shaqiri flattered by interest

Tottenham and Fulham target Xherdan Shaqiri has revealed how flattered he is to be linked with a number of Europe's top clubs.

The FC Basel midfielder has scored two league goals this season from 11 appearances and also struck a second-half hat-trick in Switzerland's 3-1 win over Bulgaria in a Euro 2012 qualifier in September.

The youngster starred again for his country in their 2-0 win over Montenegro on Tuesday night and speculation was once again raised about where the 20-year-old will be spending his future.

"I'm in good form and obviously I am pleased that so many clubs have noticed me," Shaqiri said. "But I am just thinking about helping my team win the championship in my country and qualify for the next round of the Champions League."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1185/15/spurs-and-fulham-target-shaqiri-flattered-interest?

WhiteJC

Daredevils, Heroes and Dunces

Some tasty topics to get your teeth into before we move back into action at the weekend. We salute the brave, the honourable and the downright dastardly

Ever heard of Jeb Corliss? This guy is seriously not going to make old bones. The 35-year-old American base jumper and modern day batman has been psychiatrically classified as having an uncontrollable urge to confront fear. This elevates him perfectly for the position as Bolton's next goalkeeper, but Jeb prefers to get his kicks in other ways.

He's jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge, down the inside of the Eiffel Tower, got arrested atop the Empire State Building as he was about to step out above the Manhattan traffic, and has swooped down the side of the Matterhorn. His specially designed wingsuit with parachute like fabric stretched out over arms and legs allows Jeb to take on ever more audacious challenges and fulfil his childhood dream to fly like a bird.

Last month he manouvered himself after a sky dive from 6,500 feet through the "Gate of Heaven" in Tianman Mountain, China. Approaching this sheer rock face at 100 mph he judged it to perfection and hit the 90 foot wide opening dead on. Emerging from a 225 foot cavern Corliss hurtled on above the heads of gasping onlookers before dodging cable cars and dropping onto a bridge two miles away, where his mother was waiting. Check out his You Tube video if you haven't done it already.

Dunno about you guys, but I invariably beat myself up over my own phobias. I do like a challenge, but not having a head for heights I could no more step out of a plane into clear air than swim the Channel. As for bungee jumping..! I don't care how many times instructors reassure me the bindings are fail-safe, headfirst into some canyon a mile below? It's enough to have me jolt upright in a cold sweat - one of my most recurring dreams Doktor Freud along with being on stage and forgetting my lines. Big black house spiders scuttling across the floor on autumn nights? Sorry, but I'm up on the couch in a flash. Call me pathetic I know, but I once had a big strapping golf (and ex-rock drummer) buddy who for many years could not ride the underground due to panic attacks, and would near faint at the sight of egg whites on a plate.

To Mr. Corliss I take my hat off and marvel. I don't know how you do it but can appreciate the buzz you gain. A mate who did a bungee jump said he felt like Superman for days after. Even more remarkable, Jeb went straight back up after aborting his first attempt on the rock face when realising he was coming in too low. Deploying his parachute a split second from certain death he only just got down in one piece, "I have never been more terrified in my entire life." But his instinct was to get straight back up in the air and try again. Some guts when you know he witnessed one of his base jump buddies slam into an American bridge during a tandem jump that went wrong, with horrific consequences. "I landed to see a severed leg and blood everywhere."

Daredevil Jeb sadly has just declined a visit to London I hear. A flight through the back four at QPR on what passes for a stadium at Loftus Road has been called off. "It's just not gonna happen, Corliss said, the space is way too wide to present any kind of challenge."

John Paintsil may be gone from Fulham, but I for one am hoping we fans don't forget him in a hurry. I've charted his path before from humble origins in Ghana, via the Israeli league to being a solid and dependable mainstay of Roy's Fulham team that finished 7th in the league, then stormed the citadels of Europe. A serious knee injury cruelly kept him out of the side in 2010 - he did not feature in Hamburg but was on the bench - and although he started the following season, he quickly fell out of favour with Mark Hughes. Three own goals last term seemed to cast an unfair blight on our popular right-back, and his exuberant laps of honour to salute the fans have passed into folklore to be seen no more.

John was a smashing guy, very grounded, and the epitome of a limited player being able to raise his game to a new level under Roy's astute hand. Apologies if you saw this story in the summer - it passed me by I must admit - but here's a reminder of what a top guy we had for a while in Fulham white. Story reproduced from our friends at Ghanasoccernet.com:
Ghana defender John Paintsil has lavished a surprise six-bedroom mansion gift on his father.

Paintsil recently showed his father the house in his hometown of Ajumako Besase. The right-back, who is out of contract with English side Fulham, unveiled the gift to the former police officer in his recent visit to his home country. The dad burst into tears when the Black Stars player gave the keys to the house to his father, sources have told this website.

© Ghanasoccernet

When asked by Ghanasoccernet.com to comment on his gesture, Paintsil refused to comment insisting he will not comment on his family issues. Paintsil is known to be generous to his friends, family and children. He has set up a foundation to cater for the less privileged children in Africa.

Over 100 Premier League apperances for West Ham and Fulham plus 70 international caps, he's a hero in my eyes. Let's hope his career gets another lease of life at Leicester.

Finally, to the depressing soap opera that is the England football team and the FA's administration of the game. I should really be posting our warm congratulations to the national team in qualifying for Euro 2012. But of course that repeat offender and eternal idiot Rooney takes the gloss off the headlines for his lack of discipline in an England shirt (again). So we enter next summer's tournament immediately under pressure - as if we the nation and the lackeys of the press - won't generate enough of that, thanks to our key striker serving a suspension.

And so to today's damning verdict from government on the shambolic workings of the FA. We've only just learnt in the last week that costs incurred in our failed bid for the World Cup 2018 have been revised up from £15 million to £21 million. How can the financial bean counters at the FA be so wide of the mark with their spending??? SIX million quid extra down the drain.

Have you seen the size of bonuses and settlements rewarding failure to the inadequates who headed up the bid team? Brian Barwick, an adequate TV executive but no heavyweight when it came to heading up the FA went early with a pay-off worth half a million quid. The self-aggrandising Triesman wanted a £100,000 bonus for running the bid campaign on top of his salary of £300,000. It goes on all the way through the pecking order.

© Telegraph Images

The FA's bid book for 2018 cost £3 million to prepare and ran to 30 crates. It was not ready until two weeks before FIFA voted and only three executive members asked to see it. This, now freely admitted on all sides, was a total waste of money! That's by and large football fans money I hasten to add. The FA seem now to be admitting, 'had we known FIFA's intention was to spread football into new territories (read Russia, Qatar, China) we might have been more cautious in our bid'. Ye Gods, any cub reporter having a sliver of contact with world football could have told the FA that for a lot less than £21 million!

Government have put the the FA numpties on notice to get their house in order by February 29th or risk legislation to enforce change at what Sports Minister Hugh Robertson labels an institution that 'has failed totally to keep up with the modern game.'

Under such incompetence, is it any wonder our role as a significant player on the international stage continues to decline under a mountain of debt, infighting and corporate greed. Read the whole sorry saga at the BBC web site, the FA, the Football League and the Premier League all have much to answer for. Meanwhile, England will continue to come up short at major tournaments.

Twitter@fulhamphil

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2011/10/daredevils_heroes_and_dunces.php?

WhiteJC

Kagisho Dikgacoi backs Pitso Mosimane stay as Bafana coach

Kagisho Dikgacoi has backed Pitso Mosimane stay on as Bafana Bafana coach - even if the team fail to make it to next year's African Nations Cup finals in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea. 

After Saturday's 0-0 draw with Sierra Leone meant Niger qualified as the winners of Group G, Safa has launched an appeal against CAF's criteria for judging which side finishes top when two or more nations are tied on points.

Mosimane has come under increasing pressure after the confusion caused by events at the Mbombela Stadium but Crystal Palace midfielder Dikgacoi - who missed the Sierra Leone match with injury - insists 'Jingles' is still the right man for the job.

"He's done well from the day he started – we've mostly been winning and drawing games and just because we didn't qualify doesn't mean he is a flop," he tells KickOff.com.

"For me he is the right person to take us forward whatever happens with the appeal. The coach has been there a long time and understands us very well. It's just a matter of time until we can really show what we can do in the World Cup qualifiers and the African Nations Cup on home soil if we don't make it next year."

After leaving Fulham in the close season, KG has made just two starts for his new club in the English Championship following a hamstring injury. He is back in contention to play in Saturday's match against Watford but watched Bafana's match against Sierra Leone in his home town of Brandfort in the Free State.

"Everyone thought we had qualified so I celebrated as well but I was very disappointed when I heard we hadn't made it," says Dikgacoi.

"I must say I found it strange that we could finish ahead on goal difference but not make it, so I think it's best to appeal. We deserve to go because we finished top of the group. Everything was structured towards making it to the finals so it will be really disappointing if we are not there."     

http://www.kickoff.com/news/24849/kagisho-dikgacoi-backs-pitso-mosimane-stay-as-bafana-coach.php

WhiteJC

Once, Twice, Thrice!

It`s a quiet day, on the news front, for us Fulham supporters.

But one rumour has been resurrected again.

It relates to Martin Jol, once again, signing Mounir El Hamdaoui

I say again because Jol has already signed and managed the player twice before.

Therefore, don`t be too surprised if Jol makes it third time lucky come the January transfer window!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=258552#ixzz1adqqO0Q5

WhiteJC

Fulham get striker 'first refusal'
Fulham in pole position to land non-league striker Sam Wilson

Fulham have been handed 'first refusal' over Eastleigh striker Sam Wilson.

The 17-year-old recently enjoyed a trial period with the Cottagers, suitably impressing the club hierarchy with a brace for their academy side in a 4-1 win over Portsmouth.

And whilst Martin Jol's side haven't instantly snapped-up the teenager, the Blue Square South side have come to an agreement with the Barclays Premier League outfit that they will not tout the player to other clubs until after the New Year.

"Fulham were very, very impressed with Sam and they will continue to monitor his progress in the coming months," director of football Dave Malone confirmed when speaking to the Southern Daily Echo.

"We have agreed with Fulham that we will not covet interest in the player from other clubs for a period of time and we will review that situation in the New Year."

Wilson scored ten goals in 19 appearances for the Eastleigh reserve team last season, and made his senior debut in the Hampshire Senior Cup tie with Havant & Waterlooville in January.

He came off the bench to make his league debut in the 2-0 home defeat to Basingstoke Town on the opening day of the new season, but could be destined for bigger things after making an impression at Craven Cottage.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/fulham-get-striker-first-refusal?

WhiteJC

NEWCASTLE SHOULD BE GLAD THEY DIDN'T SWEEP UP THE BROOM

Fulham haven't had the best of starts to their Premier League campaign and the news that their big summer signing is finding it difficult to adapt to the EPL's fast pace won't provide too much solace for fans.

Bryan Ruiz joined Fulham during the summer when the club shelled out £10.6m to snatch him away from FC Twente and Newcastle United. When you've got a price-tag that big over your head and you're playing for a club like Fulham, you need to show that you're a worthy addition and quick if the fans are to stay on your side.

Of course every player is due a degree of leniency when it comes to adjusting to the Premier League and Ruiz has thus far made only four appearances for the club, with only one start.

Speaking to the Press, Ruiz admitted that he's been struggling thus far:

"When I played in Holland I used to have an extra second to think. That makes a big difference. Here I am placed under greater pressure and get less time to act on the pitch. You also get more one-on-one situations in Dutch football. Here you get two players breathing down your neck straight away."

As far as I'm aware there was something of a dash between Fulham and Newcastle for his signature. He was sold to Newcastle fans as a striker/winger who would get goals. In the end however, Fulham won the negotiations and have ended up with what seems to be a midfielder who likes time on the ball.

The truth, however, is that Fulham players rarely get much time on the ball and always have to be alert and ready to move the play forward.

I do hope that Ruiz goes on to be a star and provides Fulham with some real quality. But at the price he would have cost, I can't help but feel that Newcastle will be glad they missed out on his signature. I just can't see him adding anything to an already quality Newcastle side that is oozing confidence at the moment.

Did Newcastle dodge a bullet or am I being incredibly hasty in my judgement? Is Ruiz set for big things? Please let us know!

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2011/10/blogs/newcastle-should-be-glad-they-didnt-sweep-up-the-broom?

WhiteJC

Shaqiri flattered by Premier League interest

According to talkSport, FC Basel midfielder Xhedran Shaqiri has declared himself 'pleased' with the interest being shown in him from the British Isles, with both Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham sniffing around the 20 year-old.

Another Swiss international of the Pajtim Kasami generation, Shaqiri has impressed so far this season, scoring 2 in 11 and bagging a hat-trick for his national side as Switzerland defeated Bulgaria in a European Championship qualifier.

He impressed on Tuesday evening as his national team played Montenegro and his recent performances have supposedly brought attention from London in the form of Harry Redknapp and Martin Jol. With his age and palpable potential, he certainly fits the Jol mould.

'I'm in good form and obviously I am pleased that so many clubs have noticed me,' Shaqiri said.

'But I am just thinking about helping my team win the championship in my country and qualify for the next round of the Champions League.'

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/10/12/2486242/shaqiri-flattered-by-premier-league-interest?

WhiteJC

Craven Cottage expansion is sanest decision in a long time

At long last our concerns for Craven Cottage can be temporarily put aside. All the boundless rumours of ground sharing with Queens Park Rangers thankfully appear to be without foundation, and amidst all the talk of Chelsea building a new stadium, it seems Fulham have a plan all of their own which would appear, on the surface at least, utterly flawless. Well, flawless in comparison to the Michael Jackson statue, for example.

It's a move that the fans have long sought and it's one that's been mooted for some time, yet, it still took 7 years of solid Premier League football to convince the higher echelons of our club boardroom that expanding Craven Cottage to a still meagre 30,000 capacity is actually a sound decision. Perhaps a bit late, but sound nonetheless.

We may have had to wait a fair time for it to happen, but at least the decision has arrived. At various points over the intervening years between Premier League football and moves to and from Loftus Road, the fans have been left somewhat unacquainted with news on how Fulham Football Club and Craven Cottage would stand. Would there be expansion? Would there be ground sharing? Would there be a move away?

They're, ostensibly, menial questions, but to a fan of a club so enriched with a valiant history, they're a whole lot more than that. They are questions which are rooted deeply into what it means to be a Fulham fan, what it's like to walk the Bishop's Park walk and what it's like to enter through the traditional, wooden turnstiles. Put simply, it's a ground like no other and to move away was never really an option.

Of course, there comes a point when you must put the past behind you but that in itself doesn't come without a price. A move away from Craven Cottage would detract greatly from our family-friendly nature. We're a club that has built it's profile around our ageing stadium, one which exudes a unique atmosphere that you rarely see in today's game. It's an atmosphere built on history and admiration for the club and while it seems somewhat ludicrous to think that'd disappear given a move from the Cottage, it's somewhat viable that the way we are perceived in general would take a shift in a less desirable direction. Without our SW6 home, would we be that humble, quaint club that we are regularly labelled as with a certain tone of affection?

I would doubt it, although it's not just that. It's the yet more minimal elements that entwine Fulham to the Cottage. The tiny changing rooms that Sir Alex Ferguson recently labelled 'an absolute disgrace', after his side had been held to a 2-2 draw. The wooden seats that, despite being less than comfortable, can take you on a journey through time that spans an expansive 115 years. The overlooking view of the River Thames and, most notably by a long way, the cottage itself. They are all reasons that make it so difficult for an average Fulham fan to remove themselves from a place of worship that have brought so many moments of sheer elation and, in equal abundance, moments of sheer desperation.

Yes, expanding Craven Cottage is the right idea and yes, it is a necessary act. Last season, on average,we squeezed 25,043 fans into our stadium - one which fits, at full capacity, a predicted 25,700. Quite a remarkable feat in one hand, quite a mishandling of business in the other. The match day revenue that could have been made on an extra 5,000 fans is more-than-likely a quite significant sum, and, taking the stats into account, it's far from absurd to suggest we would fill those new seats either. They'd be snapped up in an instant when you consider the team they'll be watching are playing a fast, flairy and expansive brand of football in Jol's new era.

For once, the fans' voices have been heard and for once our demands are being adhered to. Here's to another glorious decade of Craven Cottage football.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/10/12/2486286/craven-cottage-expansion-is-sanest-decision-in-a-long-time?

WhiteJC

Jol looks to sign El Hamdaoui a third time as Fulham hope to pip Blackburn to Ajax striker

Fulham manager Martin Jol is weighing up a move for Ajax striker Mounir El Hamdaoui.

Jol has signed the 27-year-old twice before and is keen on a third reunion with the Moroccan.

Friends reunited? Jol signed El Hamdaoui for Spurs and Ajax

Blackburn boss Steve Kean is also interested after missing out in the summer.

Fulham have also secured first refusal on Eastleigh's 17-year-old striker Sam Wilson.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2048413/Martin-Jol-looking-sign-Mounir-El-Hamdaoui-time-pipping-Blackburn-Ajax-striker.html#ixzz1adu0kkBE

WhiteJC

Sugar shot for Etherington as Stoke aim to have winger back for Fulham clash

Stoke City winger Matty Etherington has had a sugar injection in his back to cure a hamstring problem and be fit for Saturday's home game against Fulham.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2048448/Stokes-Matthew-Etherington-injection.html#ixzz1aduMxlhP

WhiteJC

Stoke City v Fulham tickets

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 15th October
Kick-Off 15:00

On-sale dates

Season Ticket Holders Now On Sale (Max 6 tickets)
Members Now On Sale  (Max 6 tickets)
General Sale Now On Sale (Max 6 tickets)
Loyalty points: 3 (more info)

Prices

Adults - £25
Over 65s - £19
Under 17s - £15
Under 12s - £12
There is space for 4 Wheelchairs and helpers

Adults - £19
Over 65s - £19
Under 17s - £15
Under 12s - £12

Travel

Coaches depart from Motspur Park at 9:45am – Craven Cottage 10:15am

Coach travel price

Season Ticket Holders - Adults £17; Juniors £12
Non Season Ticket Holders – Adults £22; Juniors £17
To book coach tickets, call 0843 208 1234 option 3.

How to Buy tickets

buy tickets online - Tickets are no longer available to buy online (postal deadline)
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 3) Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
Tickets can be purchased at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking 

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/StokeCityAway.aspx#ixzz1adwx5gks

WhiteJC

Republic of Ireland face Estonia in Euro 2012 play-offs

Republic defender Stephen Kelly celebrates making the play-offs after the 2-1
win over Armenia

The Republic of Ireland will take on Estonia in the Euro 2012 play-offs after Thursday's draw in Krakow.

Estonia, who beat Northern Ireland twice in their qualifying group, are at home for the first leg against Giovanni Trapattoni's team on 11/12 November.

The return leg will take place at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on 15 November.

The other play-offs see Turkey up against Croatia, the Czech Republic take on Montenegro and Portugal face Bosnia-Hercegovina.

The Republic beat Armenia 2-1 on Tuesday to secure their play-off spot.

Estonia have never reached the finals of a major tournament, and this is Tarmo Ruutli`s side`s first play-off appearance.

They finished 10 points behind group winners Italy in qualifying, with six of their points coming courtesy of wins over Northern Ireland.

The Republic emerged from a tough group containing winners Russia and the likes of Armenia and Slovakia to secure second spot by four points.

They have only reached the European Championship finals once before, in West Germany in 1988, but will be relatively pleased to have drawn Estonia.

Ireland have played in five-play offs before, winning just once, while their last appearance ended in acrimony when they were knocked out by France following a controversial handball by Thierry Henry ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

Already through to the finals, alongside co-hosts Poland and Ukraine, are Spain, Germany, Russia, Italy, France, Holland, Greece, England, Denmark and Sweden.

The finals draw is on 2 December in Kiev and the tournament runs from 8 June until 1 July next year at eight venues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15289738.stm

WhiteJC

FFC Foundation Praised

The Home Secretary, the Rt Hon Theresa May, has praised the work of Kickz at a reception in the House of Commons to celebrate five years of the innovative project that uses the power and appeal of professional football clubs to engage young people who may otherwise be difficult to reach.

Kickz is a partnership between the Premier League and the Metropolitan Police and targets some of the most challenging and disadvantaged communities which suffer from higher rates of crime and anti-social behaviour. It began in 2006 following discussions between Premier League Chief Executive Richard Scudamore and Tim Godwin, Acting Commissioner for the Metropolitan Police, with three London pilot projects at Brentford, Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur football clubs.

Five years on, 113 local projects are being delivered by 43 clubs in the Premier League and Football League, helping in excess of 50,000 young people. There are over 650 partners including 61 local authorities, 64 steering groups, all 32 London Boroughs and 19 police force areas.

The reception brought together Kickz participants and partners, as well as MPs from constituencies where many of the 43 clubs operate.

Fulham FC Foundation were one of the four football clubs to pilot the Kicks project in 2005, we then went on to deliver 7 successful kickz projects, more than any other club in the areas of Lambeth, Merton, Hammersmith & Fulham and Kingston.

Soye Briggs, Head of Operations for Fulham FC Foundation was one of the staff that pioneered the project. Soye said "There is no doubt Kickz has helped to make communities safer. We're having an impact on territorialism by mixing the two Kickz Lambeth football teams and running joint activities between projects. Data from Brixton police indicate that the projects are having an impact on youth-related offences."

The Home Secretary said: "We all know how many supporters enjoy watching football, but the idea of using its strength to help young people in this way is fantastic. I congratulate Richard Scudamore and Tim Godwin for coming together and making this idea work, because it is obviously having a tremendous impact across the whole country.

"Kickz is a wonderful project and the number of young people involved is great. It's doing really good work enabling them to not just be taken out of situations in which they might get involved in gangs or crime, but actually giving young people a voice and enabling them to be heard. All those involved in it deserve a great deal of praise, especially those that volunteer, as they make it what it is."

Kickz delivery is targeted geographically at communities where young people are considered to be of greater risk in terms of being affected by crime, either as victims or potential offenders, and over 75% of participants live in the top 30% most deprived areas of the country. In the communities where Kickz takes place, police crime analysis reports have showed very positive trends in the reduction of anti-social behaviour, criminal damage and violence against the person, thanks in large part to 91% of the projects being delivered on a Friday and/or Saturday evening.

Since its conception, Kickz has embedded a culture of volunteering at each project, as well as tailoring the delivery of accredited outcomes and qualifications to the needs of participants. This results in tangible educational, training and employment outcomes being achieved by young people engaging with Kickz. In those five years 5,052 volunteers have been created, there have been 6,827 qualifications and accreditations gained through Kickz, while an impressive 398 young people have gone on the gain employment with clubs.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/KickzPraised.aspx?#ixzz1af8yXPNB

WhiteJC

Echo Success

Fulham FC Foundation (FFCF) and Surrey County Cricket have recently concluded a five year health partnership project called ECHO. ECHO stands for Equality, Coaching and Healthy Options and is a project designed to remove barriers preventing young people from accessing high quality cricket and football coaching whilst promoting the adoption of healthy lifestyles.

The ECHO programme launched in August 2006 at a test match hosted at The Oval, aims to remove barriers to sports participation for young people in order to help them become more active, physically fitter and more culturally aware. The project engaged young people to understand eating 5 fruit and vegetables a day, eating a healthy breakfast, drinking water, dental hygiene and keeping active.

ECHO achieved some great success in its five years including; engaging a minimum of 9360 participants in football, cricket and healthy living sessions involving young people between the ages of 6 to 11 years, across Hammersmith & Fulham, Merton and Lambeth. 13 sports festivals were hosted at Motspur Park (FFC Training Ground) and The Oval (home to Surrey CCC). At least 362 young people informally volunteered on the programme of which at least 24 volunteers completed their hours delivering ECHO sessions. ECHO sessions were delivered in over 81 schools across Lambeth, Merton and Hammersmith & Fulham.

Simon Hards, Cricket Development Manager (Surrey CC) said "I believe the project has helped develop young peoples' understanding of the health messages whilst also developing a lifelong love for cricket and/or football".

FFCF and our partners are very proud of the successes we've achieved through the ECHO programme. More young people across Lambeth, Merton and Hammersmith & Fulham are participating in football and cricket and we have also educated over 9,000 young people in healthy living. They have then taken these key messages back to their families and friends, educating a whole community around healthy living.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/FoundationEchoFeature.aspx?#ixzz1af9FzVgC