News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Xherdan Shaqiri - More Swiss Biz For Fulham?

Started by White Noise, October 12, 2011, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1185/15/spurs-and-fulham-target-shaqiri-flattered-interest

Spurs and Fulham target Shaqiri flattered by interest

By talkSPORT

Wednesday, October 12

Tottenham and Fulham target Xherdan Shaqiri has revealed how flattered he is to be linked with a number of Europe's top clubs.

The FC Basel midfielder has scored two league goals this season from 11 appearances and also struck a second-half hat-trick in Switzerland's 3-1 win over Bulgaria in a Euro 2012 qualifier in September.

The youngster starred again for his country in their 2-0 win over Montenegro on Tuesday night and speculation was once again raised about where the 20-year-old will be spending his future.

"I'm in good form and obviously I am pleased that so many clubs have noticed me," Shaqiri said. "But I am just thinking about helping my team win the championship in my country and qualify for the next round of the Champions League."

WhiteMulberry

So, we're back in for El Hamd. now linked with Shaqiri and possibly Gignac still coming in January, this, on top of the quality we have already brought into the sqaud, on top of this, we are getting major improvements to Craven Cottage and we are staying put there, and, on top of this we just beat the Haha's 6 nil.

What has happened, i'm starting to get extremely optimistic.

We better lose at Stoke or i will start to question reality.

TWFL

Please make this happen. This boy will be a star and is a class winger who will easily replace Duffers when he goes. Hope we are interested.

Jack Fulham

Shaqiri would be amazing although the lad does look a little too predictable, i.e cut inside and blast it, he;s bloody good at it. Personally feel we have enough strength for the wings at the moment though.

White Noise

FourFourTom on Twitter lists him here -

My world U21 XI would be - Szczęsny; Sakho, Varane, Jones; M'Vila, Wilshere, Thiago, Götze; Shaqiri, Hazard, Neymar. (3-4-3)

cebu

In that photo he looks like he'll fight it out with Stockdale to eat all the pies.   :003:

Burt

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteMulberry on October 12, 2011, 10:09:08 PM
So, we're back in for El Hamd. now linked with Shaqiri and possibly Gignac still coming in January, this, on top of the quality we have already brought into the sqaud, on top of this, we are getting major improvements to Craven Cottage and we are staying put there, and, on top of this we just beat the Haha's 6 nil.

What has happened, i'm starting to get extremely optimistic.

We better lose at Stoke or i will start to question reality.

There was a time that I was linked with Shakira

SHAKIRA

... or was that her

... or was that me?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

zzamora

If I see the following on Febuary 1st I will be a very very happy man.

Fulham:in
Xheridan Shaqiri (Undisclosed)
Gignac (6-month loan)
El hamadoui (1 mil)

Fulham:Out
Bjorn Helge Riise

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SKSW6

There's no way we'd be able to pull off his transfer. There are some massive clubs in for him right now and i don't think we'd be enough of a pull for him. Unless he does a Dembele and states right from the start that he's using us to get a move to bigger prem club eventually. But it'd be a mind blowing coup if somehow we could get him, he's supposed to be one of the very best young talents in the world.

ScalleysDad

For the intellectuals its a great scrabble score and for the choir in the Hammy End a challenge with knobs on. David Hamilton announcing the new look team come February is going to be a class act . . . . . however

Have'nt we had the next big thing slip through our fingers and go back to Germany and was'nt LDV and his mate on the next big things list as well? The likes of Frei, Briggs, Trotta, the ex Everton skipper, ( I apoligise for the brain blank), the new players still on the fringe and to a degree Stockdale should benefit if opportunities arise.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 13, 2011, 08:56:37 AM
For the intellectuals its a great scrabble score and for the choir in the Hammy End a challenge with knobs on. David Hamilton announcing the new look team come February is going to be a class act . . . . . however

Have'nt we had the next big thing slip through our fingers and go back to Germany and was'nt LDV and his mate on the next big things list as well? The likes of Frei, Briggs, Trotta, the ex Everton skipper, ( I apoligise for the brain blank), the new players still on the fringe and to a degree Stockdale should benefit if opportunities arise.

Tommy Donegan Mr SD :)

Shaqiri is a really solid player for his age, and thankfully in Switzerland the coaches have the common sense not to but the players out as the do over here with the likes of Wilshere etc. I have written a blog about his countryman Granit Xhaka, so I researched into Swiss football a fair bit for back ground knowledge.

I'd love him here, he was great at the U-21 tournament.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

ScalleysDad

Thank god for that. I had Donovan going round my head and now I'm humming an old hippy tune. Thanks for that.
I concede to your greater knowledge on the player and I have read part of a Swedish coaching manual so also agree with you there. However I would like to hang onto the bit about having loads of potential world beaters just so that one day I can say "Told you so" when we celebrate Dufs one thousandth appearance on his 47th birthday.

AlFayedsChequebook

He would be a great signing, but he would never come here.

Keep dreaming people!  :HD:

The King

It's nice to see that we are being linked to a (soon to be) world class player. Would MAF let us make a £10m+ signing so soon again? I bloody hope he will. I know signing him and being linked to him is a different burrito, but you can dream, right?

mattiesafer

Quote from: The King on October 13, 2011, 01:25:34 PM
It's nice to see that we are being linked to a (soon to be) world class player. Would MAF let us make a £10m+ signing so soon again? I bloody hope he will. I know signing him and being linked to him is a different burrito, but you can dream, right?

Dreaming is the first step in creating new possibilities, which lead to new realities--good or bad.

So there ain't a damn thing wrong with wanting nice things to happen for your club, like talented young signings... Though I would suggest that you also dream of a way to increase the revenue at the club so that we can afford his wages!  Wouldn't want our dreams to become a Portsmouth nightmare...

Not that I'm dwelling on the financials and I am happy tonspend money on talent if it's done wisely... Like even if he did cost a fair bit to get in and then was on a decent wage structure that could still be quite good.  Or maybe we will get a windfall from 5 years of FA cup final appearances/Europa runs... Or make a champions league cameo... Or maybe somewhere in the depths of his will and finances Michael Jackson (who loved the club so) has left 10 billion dollars to the club in his will and it's just waiting to come out.

079.gif I know.  But the thing is pigs CAN fly if you make the proper arrangements with the airline...

Hope this doesn't kill the topic. As I've noticed for some reason these sorts of posts tend to do....  075.gif  Get Coat gif  fp.gif 090.gif

White Noise

Do players mostly join clubs because of people or reputation of the club. I have always got thge impression that the majority join because they buy into what the manager and/ore Chief Exec say to them - principally the former. Players must talk about who are the best coaches, as coaches and people managers, and there must be some that players hold in higer regard than others.

I am intrigued to see what sort of personal pulling power and reputatational pulling power Martin Jol has. I think some players, particularly younger ones, will forgo the apparent prospect of larger wages elsewhere to learn from and work with the best. A manager like Jol is already helping us punch above our weight in getting players to Fulham that have been linked with bigger clubs. Hodgson got Hangeland, Hughes brought Demebele and Jol has got Ruiz - all players of a calibre that we couldn't countenance 4 years ago.

I see no reason why we can't attract players like Xherdan Shaqiri in the future. We are a club on the up with an experienced manager where talent will get a chance to play - which can't be said of some bigger clubs.