more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AJ & Zamora To Play Up Front For England - Mark Bright

Started by White Noise, October 14, 2011, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Darren Bent
When you're playing away from home he is always the man to score. I don't know why he doesn't quite perform at home, but he away he seems more relaxed on the road and if he gets an opportunity he hits the back of the net.

Danny Welbeck
Going to Sunderland has been fantastic for him, he's come back and he's a more confident person. He and Rooney work well with each other week in and week out for United. Their understanding is formidable for United and can be formidable for England.

Peter Crouch
Crouch is always an option with his height. He's enjoying his time at Stoke, he's scored a few goals. He could play well alongside a little man like Andy Johnson and he has always scored goals for England.

Jermain Defoe
He had a bad year last year, a really bad year for him, but with Defoe youcan always say he's a finisher. I'd always have Defoe in and around the England squad because he can come off the bench and you never know.

Daniel Sturridge
He has grown and grown and grown. Something about going to Bolton has been a springboard and now he is showing his ability; his ability to hold up the ball, to go past people. He's confident, he's cocky and scoring goals in the Champions League will add to his repertoire.

Andy Carroll
It's not been a great start for him at Liverpool but when Gerrard getsback maybe he'll have a little bit more quality around him. He needs a little bit of nurturing but I do like him and I think he is difficult to playagainst.

Andy Johnson & Bobby Zamora
I think Zamora's in the best formof his life and Johnson has had a horrible time out with injuries but has come backand just looks back to his best. Getting him involved again would give Capello a few different options in terms of a bit more pace up front someone who is direct as well. Why not try these two?

Steven Gerrard
Gerrard is getting back fit now and I think if Capello wants to go for the lone striker I think play Wayne Rooney up there [when back] and play Gerrard off him.They have an understanding. Gerrard still has it! He is such a quality player.

DJ Campbell
What you need to do as a player isput your cards on the table. DJ Campbell did well last year for Blackpool and he's doing well at QPR. If you are scoring week in, week out youdeserve a crack at it, but I don't think DJ Campbell is the answer.

Burt

Why not indeed?

I suspect Capello will keep with what he knows though.

I would start blooding in Welbeck and Sturridge a bit more.

AlFayedsChequebook

Good god, when Mark Bright suggests something, it usually puts the kibosh on it for me, the man is an idiot.

Burt

Similar musings from the BBC's Phil McNulty:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2011/10/rooney_sideshow_the_last_thing.html

Aston Villa's Bent might be in pole position after another goal in Montenegro, but Manchester United's Danny Welbeck has a confirmed admirer in Capello. He is growing in stature and the Italian made a point of praising his brief contribution as a substitute in Friday's final qualifier.

Capello will also give Fulham's Bobby Zamora his opportunity and he has noted Jermain Defoe's improved form at Tottenham, while Gabriel Agbonlahor at Aston Villa will have his advocates too.

It appears he has finally - and perhaps harshly - given up on Peter Crouch, so what greater incentive for Liverpool's Andy Carroll to demonstrate why Kenny Dalglish thought he was worth £35m and, at the same time, aim for the considerable goal of a starting place at Euro 2012?

Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge is another outsider for a place but looks more impressive with every outing. There is every chance Capello will start to monitor his developments more closely as he explores all alternatives to Rooney.

And here is a name that never fails to divide opinion when mentioned in connection with England - Michael Owen.

Capello has never shown any real enthusiasm for Owen since his appointment as England coach but the Manchester United striker has always harboured ambitions of returning to the international side. If - and it is a big if - he can get regular football and scores goals this season, then Capello would surely have to examine his form?

There are plenty who would have a fit Owen in the squad - not as a starter but as a wild card substitute - and even the player himself might just sense a very small window of opportunity opening.

It would all have been so much more straightforward had Rooney decided against indiscriminately kicking Dzudovic but at least Capello has plenty of notice of the gaping hole left in his line-up for next summer.

Jack Fulham

They tore apart QPR but they've got to prove they can do it against other teams.

ImperialWhite

Even as a Fulham fan I don't think I'd want to see an AJ/Bobby partnership upfront. Not least because it would force us into playing a more traditional 442, which isn't great in international football.

Bobby upfront on his own might work though.

FatFreddysCat

luckykat

When Mark Bright suggests D J Campbell for England he loses all credibility for me.

finnster01

What a load of tosh.

It is like asking Laurel and Hardy to play for England. The only time that partnership worked in 3 years was against QPR who told their defense to take the day off
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...it would be interesting to know how many times AJ and BZ have been partnered together and how many goals they have scored in that pairing.

Somehow I think the result would be underwhelming...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MrFantastic

best thing since sliced bread was invented that would be great to see there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

michaelread

this is one of the worst ideas and articles ive ever read.

but we should back it up...if AJ goes back to the England squad then we should be able to milk a few million more out of whatever club comes for him in January...