watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Name The Line-Up V Stoke

Started by White Noise, October 13, 2011, 08:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Whats your best guess of how we will start at Stoke. Will Dickson be back in the middle?

TonyGilroy

The only change I'd make is Etuhu for Sidwell for his strength in the air.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 13, 2011, 09:25:22 AM

The only change I'd make is Etuhu for Sidwell for his strength in the air.

Just because Etuhu is big, doesnt mean he is good in the air. In fact, I think his heading is rubbish for such a tall guy.

I would play him for his physical presence more than anything - although it would be nice to see Sidwell giving them a taste of their own medicine

The King

Playing Sidders against Stoke at the Britannia is like begging for a red card. I'd play Etuhu instead of him.

MJG

Nope I still can't find a reason to play Etuhu ahead of Sidwell. For such a big man he really is quite big girls blouse.

JBH

Schwarzer

Grygera
Hangeland
Baird
Riise

Dembelle
Murphy
Siddwell
Dempsey

AJ
BZ

Subs:
Etheridge
Hughes
Duff
Etuhu
Kasami
Gecov
Sa

BalDrick

Quote from: MJG on October 13, 2011, 01:37:10 PM
Nope I still can't find a reason to play Etuhu ahead of Sidwell. For such a big man he really is quite big girls blouse.

Agreed - puts me in mind of Diop actually, big guy but only until you've seen him play a few times.

Besides, if we attempt to beat Stoke at their own game we'll lose, players to injury as well as the game. What we should try to do is baffle them by trying to keep the football at the feet of our own team, and passing it along the floor to people in the same colour jersey - they won't know what we're doing.

Probably famous last words but I'm quietly confident we can win this.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ClarksOriginal

M.S
Z.G              A.H           H.H           JAR

D.M       S.S

C.D                                              M.D

A.J           
                                B.Z

If we keep the ball on the deck we can win this, especially with the pace of AJ against the likes up Upson, Woodgate or Shawcross. Swansea proved if you play quick, slick passing then Stoke will have bags of trouble. We shouldnt be catering for Stokes needs, they should be changing their gameplan for US.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

elgreenio

no need to change anything from the 6-0.

Schwarzer; Grygera, Baird, Hangeland, Riise; Dembele, Murphy, Sidwell, Dempsey; AJ, Zamora
touch my camera through the fence

Jack Fulham

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Why change anything? Aaron Hughes is back too. We just beat QPR 6-0, we need to keep with that team and build on the victory. If I was to bring Etuhu in, it would be for Murphy.

Schwarzer
Grygera Baird Hangeland Riise
Dembele Sidwell Murphy Dempsey
AJ Zamora

Riise's got to have a good game, he hasn't done as well as I had hoped but with Pennants pace and fantastic pin point crossing, he will have to be on top form. I believe we will win this game. Depends on who scores first, if they score, we can hope for a draw, if we score first than I believe we will go on and have back to back wins.

Mr Fulham

Burt

I would be inclined to agree with the "why make changes from the team that beat QPR 6-0" point of view.

We have reasonable bench strength so if things don't work out as the match progresses then make the changes at that time.

Travers Barney

Absolutely.. keep the same team if possible would be my stance...let's hope MS has recovered significantly.

If Hoof does play at right back as the drawing indicates I do hope he performs like he did when in that position for that rabble at the dog track some time back...a more inept performance from a professional sportsman I have yet to see.

'Hoof is the word it had truth it had meaning'

We are the whites
We are the whites

Bertie Wooster

Quote from: elgreenio on October 14, 2011, 09:37:45 AM

Schwarzer; Grygera, Baird, Hangeland, Riise; Dembele, Murphy, Sidwell, Dempsey; AJ, Zamora

Absolutely agree. As we say in Italy, don't change  a team that wins. My only doubt would be Hughes for Baird, if fit.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Bertie Wooster on October 14, 2011, 11:42:43 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on October 14, 2011, 09:37:45 AM

Absolutely agree. As we say in Italy, don't change  a team that wins. My only doubt would be Hughes for Baird, if fit.

That would be my only doubt aswell. Hughes is a contender, that's for sure.