News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Read a headline that reads: "Occupy Wall Street has gone global"???

Started by McBridefan1, October 15, 2011, 08:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

I'm on the Finn / Logicalman side of the fence here.

All from my own personal experiences.

I'm OK at the moment, in a reasonably well paid job that I enjoy doing. But I have had my fair share of debt and dole handouts, and have done some pretty sh1tty jobs to make sure I made ends meet and have worked my nuts off to get where I am today.

The high sense of entitlement and low work ethic that characterizes much of today's culture really gets on my goat.

People moan that "foreigners" get all the jobs...but that is only because they perceive the jobs they do as beneath them. They are not beneath anyone, and in many cases provide a boost in self-esteem and make the person more employable.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this, it is just my view, and I respect the fact that others will have had different experiences and therefore have ended up with different opinions.

That's all for now. I'm off to Marneys for a couple of pints of Doombar. Always a good way to see out the old week, and welcome in the new one  :dft011:

ImperialWhite

There are 2.51 million people unemployed in the UK. There aren't 2.51 million jobs going. All this "well I've had poo jobs before, so can other people" bravado isn't really relevent.

You don't have to go without a job, but someone has to.

Besides - this isn't a protest about there not being enough jobs. It's a protest saying that society isn't fair. Which it isn't.

MJG

Its very the now now now society.
You used to leave school, get a job, work you way up.
Now people expect to leave uni and walk straight into a £40K plus job and god forbid they only earn £15k in their first year.
I left school at 16 and at 44 have at most spent four weeks claiming any kind of state handout and that's was mainly to make sure my stamp was paid.
There are jobs out there and you need to be proactive about it.

As for the protests at St Pauls and elsewhere, a lot of that is just people not knowing what to do and just finding some way of protesting. The leaders are not listening to the people so following the arab spring this is the western version, stick some tents up bought from millets and hope someone somewhere takes note. The press are giving it a low coverage and I don't see that improving unless the police go and bash some heads.

The coalition will not change tack otherwise they will lose face, we are stuck with what we have and really the MP's/MEP's and other world leaders have no real idea of what to do either.

Oh well at least FULHAM won away.....oh no wait they did not...who wants to protest out side the cottage?

RidgeRider