News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone still really p1ssed off from yesterday?

Started by Admin, October 16, 2011, 02:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Even at 44 I still get bloody upset at losing, the problem or difference to maybe 20-30 years ago is that the stakes are so much higher. I don't mind losing  but at least put a shift in, and more and more I feel (rightly or wrongly) they do not away.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TheDaddy

I have to say after saturdays defeat i was one misreable bugger the way we played against Stoke just really ****ed me off.I feel a little better today however i dont think i have been that annoyed for a long time it was a terrible game the only positive  i could take away from the game was "I DIDNT GO"
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

JBH

Losing use to wind me up and make me fed up for a couple of days, thenj I asctually thought to my self:

What is the point of me getting upset about something that I have no control over whatsoever :003:

There are far more important things to worry about in this life so try that approach because trust me it works.

Burt

Quote from: JBH on October 17, 2011, 04:17:56 PM
Losing use to wind me up and make me fed up for a couple of days, thenj I asctually thought to my self:

What is the point of me getting upset about something that I have no control over whatsoever :003:

There are far more important things to worry about in this life so try that approach because trust me it works.

Of course you are right Mr JBH sir, but when its been part of your blood for so long and you have put in a significant financial and emotional investment in to the club this is easier said than done.

JBH

Quote from: Burt on October 17, 2011, 04:26:12 PM
Quote from: JBH on October 17, 2011, 04:17:56 PM

Of course you are right Mr JBH sir, but when its been part of your blood for so long and you have put in a significant financial and emotional investment in to the club this is easier said than done.

After over 40 years of watching the Whites they are not just in my blood they maker up a big part of my time on this planet, but having seen so many ups and downs during that time I'm afraid an away defeat is as significant as losing one hair on my head.

I love FFC for what it is and always has been and not just what it does in one game.  065.gif

Lighthouse

Yes there are far more important things to worry about. But there are FAR MORE IMPORTANT. So I feel EVEN WORSE thinking about them. 090.gif

Isn't that the whole point of worrying about Fulham?  :dft012:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 17, 2011, 05:39:50 PM
Yes there are far more important things to worry about. But there are FAR MORE IMPORTANT. So I feel EVEN WORSE thinking about them. 090.gif

Isn't that the whole point of worrying about Fulham?  :dft012:

I hate it when we lose, but you have to put it into some sort of perspective so look at it this way:

If by chance we got relegated which is something I seriously doubt will happen this season, would you stop supporting Fulham?  (I suspect the answer is a big no)

As I said in my original post

What is the point of me getting upset about something that I have no control over whatsoever.

Berserker

Well i'll say one thing about this thread, it's made me feel a bit better as thought i was being a bit odd worrying and feeling depressed about Fulham. It's good to know i'm not the only one feeling this  way,
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

There is no point in worrying about anything I agree. It is just I would worry if I had nothing to worry about.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Berserker on October 17, 2011, 05:55:49 PM
Well i'll say one thing about this thread, it's made me feel a bit better as thought i was being a bit odd worrying and feeling depressed about Fulham. It's good to know i'm not the only one feeling this  way,

You need to follow the ancient discipline of the SUMO

Shut Up, Move On....

JBH

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 17, 2011, 06:00:21 PM
There is no point in worrying about anything I agree. It is just I would worry if I had nothing to worry about.

Now I'm worried about you having nothing to worry about  :doh:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 17, 2011, 06:00:35 PM

Shut Up, Move On....
I'm sure your Avatar is just a computer glitch, and not an OW type wind up of LB. Not very mature even by my very low standards, and i'm sure you'll miss FOF, more than FOF will miss you.

RidgeRider

Well i'll say one thing about this thread, it's made me feel a bit better as thought i was being a bit odd worrying and feeling depressed about Fulham. It's good to know i'm not the only one feeling this  way,

Shut Up, Move On....

I expect an apology is forthcoming if you were actually telling the poster to not post, if not you will placed in time out. If you have read this board for any length of time, we don't treat other posters this way. Given you have posted over 600 times, you know better.

Bertie Wooster

Luckily I'm old enough to enjoy every single visit to the Cottage and every game of the Whites that I see on TV without letting the poor performances of the team infect my mood for more than 20 minutes.
Initially I can get upset at losing, but then the promenade through the park and a couple of pints either at the Golden Lion or at the Duke's Head invariably give me  a sort "blessed mood", to quote poet Wordsworth.
Fulham is a small, familiar club, we know it is, and we'd never change it with a top club.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 17, 2011, 09:18:49 PM
Well i'll say one thing about this thread, it's made me feel a bit better as thought i was being a bit odd worrying and feeling depressed about Fulham. It's good to know i'm not the only one feeling this  way,

Shut Up, Move On....

I expect an apology is forthcoming if you were actually telling the poster to not post, if not you will placed in time out. If you have read this board for any length of time, we don't treat other posters this way. Given you have posted over 600 times, you know better.

I think you need to lighten up....

Shut Up Move On is a best selling book that helps people who are worried about things get past their worries.  Look it up in google and see if it works for you to.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 17, 2011, 09:03:22 PM

Shut Up, Move On....
I'm sure your Avatar is just a computer glitch, and not an OW type wind up of LB. Not very mature even by my very low standards, and i'm sure you'll miss FOF, more than FOF will miss you.

You need to move on.  I am not OW and I often change my Avatar.  I changed it recently only after seeing the newly posted list but will change it again, as apparently only one person is allowed to like Les Barrett on here. 

Is there any form of approval that I need from you or will any of the Avatars from the recently posted one be acceptable to you?