watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now call me reactionary...

Started by rhyspabsolom, October 21, 2011, 06:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhyspabsolom

...but when will FIFA bite the bullet and research the possibilities of robot referees?

Yes we were poor, yes the plucky Polish (not actually Polish) showed more passion, yes we don't have a divine right but:

Dembele shouldn't have been sent off
Chavez should have been sent off earlier
Hangeland should have been awarded a penalty

Surely even Krakow fans (or worse, you pessimistic lot) have to see those as stone-cold facts?

rhyspabsolom

By the way, this is about robots.
Not another tedious thread about last night's game.

WhiteJC

there should be retrospective punishment dished out to any player who "cheats", this should be points deducted and player suspension, however it will never happen

Lighthouse

Robots can be reprogrammed by the evil Robot Masters at RFIFA. They would still try and cheat us and make poor decisions against us.

'What do you think you are doing Dembele?'
'Nothing Hal Ref. Did you not see the foul and the cheating?'
'I am sending you off Dembele'
'But why?'
'Daisy Daisy give me your answer do, I'm half crazy...............'

Chilling isn't it?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Have you not seen Westworld?

We'll have some robotic Yul Brynner running around the place picking off players. Hopefully he's put in charge of Chelsea vs QPR.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ImperialWhite

You denied a goal scoring opportunity - exterminate! exterminate! exterminate!

Lighthouse

Well if this thread is going to turn into yet another thread fall of inaccurate comments. Daleks were not Robots but mutants with a robotic protection. Please let's have less silly remarks.  092.gif

I must go my Geek is showing. 090.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 21, 2011, 11:07:16 AM
Have you not seen Westworld?

We'll have some robotic Yul Brynner running around the place picking off players. Hopefully he's put in charge of Chelsea vs QPR.

:wine:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

richie17

Watching Dale Farm footage my subconscious threw up the suggestion: "if only they had robot policemen".

Yep, we need robocop.  More than ever.  Batman wouldn't do any harm either - would have sorted out the recent riots before they got out of hand.  Kids have no time for the police but if Batman had appeared I suspect it would've been a different story.   

HatterDon

Quote from: richie17 on October 21, 2011, 01:05:02 PM
Watching Dale Farm footage my subconscious threw up the suggestion: "if only they had robot policemen".

Yep, we need robocop.  More than ever.  Batman wouldn't do any harm either - would have sorted out the recent riots before they got out of hand.  Kids have no time for the police but if Batman had appeared I suspect it would've been a different story.   

You'd never get the caped crusader out of the "Alternative Lifestyle Drinking Establishment." I mean, skin-tight black outfit, butch little mask, and that name "BAT-man." He makes Julian Clary look like a Royal Marine Commando. All of the superheroes are a bit light in the loafers, but Batman takes the biscuit.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Bronsons

Quote from: HatterDon on October 21, 2011, 01:48:28 PM
All of the superheroes are a bit light in the loafers, but Batman takes the biscuit.

That gets my award for Phrase of the Day.  065.gif

"I wish I'd said that, HatterDon."
"You will, Bronsons, you will."

Berserker

Quote from: HatterDon on October 21, 2011, 01:48:28 PM
Quote from: richie17 on October 21, 2011, 01:05:02 PM

You'd never get the caped crusader out of the "Alternative Lifestyle Drinking Establishment." I mean, skin-tight black outfit, butch little mask, and that name "BAT-man." He makes Julian Clary look like a Royal Marine Commando. All of the superheroes are a bit light in the loafers, but Batman takes the biscuit.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. 

My favourite is John Constantine, he could battle the forces of evil against us, but is he really a super hero :023:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.