watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"The Guys On FoF Need To Wake Up" - David Moyes

Started by White Noise, October 22, 2011, 01:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2011/10/21/everton-fc-desperate-for-fixture-list-like-fulham-s-says-david-moyes-55578-29640030/

Everton FC desperate for fixture list like Fulham's says David Moyes

Oct 21 2011

Everton FC manager David MoyesDavid Moyes admits Everton FC are desperate to get back into Europe and says he would happily take on the hectic fixture schedule it entails.

The Toffees travel to Craven Cottage on Sunday to face a Fulham side who will be playing their 21st game of a season that got under way in June due to the London outfit's Europa League commitments.

Having guided Everton through continental campaigns in the past, manager Moyes knows the difficulties they present, but those are problems the Scot wants to have to deal with again.

"It can be tough, but I'd take it today if you gave it to me," said Moyes, whose team last played in Europe when they were knocked out of the Europa League at the round of 32 stage by Sporting Lisbon in February 2010.

"I'd love it to be us when we are talking about playing Thursday and then Sunday, because here at Everton we need European football.

"We want it, and it is something I think we would desperately love to get back.

"We have not been in it for the last couple of years now. Yes, it was awkward and makes things difficult and your job a bit harder, but I would rather have it than not have it."

James McFadden looks unlikely to make his second Everton 'debut' in Sunday's match as he continues to work his way back to fitness.

McFadden rejoined the Toffees on a free transfer this week, returning to the club he left for Birmingham in 2008, but he has not played a competitive game in over a year due to a serious knee injury and his condition is being closely monitored by Moyes.

"I've been on it for four or five weeks, thinking about it and talking to James," Moyes said.

"He had one or two offers where he could have gone elsewhere. I'm aware that we are a little bit short, so he has come here and hopefully will help us with numbers and on the field.

"He has probably done five or six weeks of football training and he is still recovering from his knee injury, so I wouldn't expect anybody to see him back playing too soon.

"But he got 45 minutes in a reserve game the other day and we will continue to pick it up and try to get him back quickly.

"He is here for the season and if he does well, we will have no problem re-signing him. If he doesn't we'll thank him for coming and helping us out."

Another familiar face back at Everton is former striker Duncan Ferguson - who Moyes has been keen to stress is not on the coaching staff and for now is just helping out with the club's academy - but the manager has played down talk of a move for FC Dallas defender George John.

Asked about John, Moyes said: "I don't know where that is coming from.

"We are always looking at players and to see if we can improve the squad, but it would be extremely wide of the mark to say that was a player we were looking at at the moment."

Meanwhile, Moyes has voiced his concerns about players taking part in the Great Britain team at next summer's London Olympics.

Toffees midfielder Jack Rodwell has indicated that he would relish the opportunity to be involved, but Moyes said: "I think it will be difficult because of the length of the season they have to play here.

"Players will have to come back a lot earlier from their holidays to prepare for it.

"It would be difficult with boys who have had a full season and then maybe gone to the European Championships, to ask them to come back and get ready for the Olympics as well.

"I don't think it will be straightforward. I think there will be players who will do it, but also that there will be others who don't."

Stuart Pearce, this week confirmed as head coach of the GB men's team, has expressed his hope that he will be able to select players from all the home nations, but the chances of that being the case remain unclear and it is something else Moyes envisages there being difficulties with.

"I think it could be problem," Moyes said.

"I think before any of the other home nations go into it they would need to be given assurances that it wouldn't affect their own rights in any other competition, or in how FIFA would see them."

White Noise

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2011/10/21/moyes-envies-fulham-schedule?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Moyes+Envies+Fulham+Schedule

Moyes Envies Fulham Schedule

Friday 21st October 2011 14:50

by Rob Jones@efc_robjones

Blues boss would 'love' European distraction.

Fulham v Everton

Everton manager David Moyes admits there will be times when Fulham feel the effects of their gruelling early season schedule - but says he'd love to be in their shoes.

Sunday's fixture against Everton will be the Cottagers' 21st of a campaign which began in June with Europa League pre-qualifiers. Sunday's fixture against the Blues will be the sixth time Martin Jol's side have played a Premier League game after a midweek fixture this term.

Moyes, who has learned to juggle domestic and European football in previous seasons, admits it can be difficult to keep the players fresh - but that it's a headache he'd be happy to have.  

"It can be tough but I'd take it today if you gave it to me, I would love it to be us you were talking about playing Thursday-Sunday because here at Everton we need European football and desperately want to be back in it because we've not been involved the last couple of years now," he told evertonfc.com.

"It is awkward and it does make your job a bit more difficult but I'd rather have it than not have it.

"It can be tiring, the players psychologically will be aware of the amount of games that they've played.

"There will be games when they'll dip when you least expect and there will be other games when it doesn't look as if it's affecting them at all - it's diffiuclt but they have to do their job at Fulham and we have to do ours here."

The Blues have only won one of their 10 Premier League away games against Fulham, when a Leon Osman brace helped them to victory in May 2009 a week before the FA Cup final.

Meanwhile the Cottagers have lost just one of their last 13 top flight matches at Craven Cottage.

"I'm aware that Fulham have got a very good home record and we've always found it hard at Craven Cottage, but we'll go there and try and get all three points," said Moyes.

"Martin has come in and I'm sure tried to alter things and change things himself and move Fulham on and they've signed one or two interesting players.

"I'm sure he'll do fine because he's a very experienced coach and manager and I'm sure he'll get Fulham going in the right direction."

RidgeRider

Clever headline WhiteNoise.  :dft012:

We really have been blessed to have had such a good team the past three and half, now almost four seasons and now into our second season in Europe. MAF signing Hodgson was a minor miracle and things have been "on the whole" terrific since that day.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Logicalman

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on October 22, 2011, 01:32:44 AM
for me he can have it :doh:

Agreed.

Then again, here's moisty chatting earlier this year ....

"Everton manager David Moyes wants to lead them back into Europe - but is glad they missed out this season.

A campaign that oozed promise back in August has fallen on its backside, but Saturday's away win over Newcastle proved Everton can still turn it on from time to time.

If they beat Birmingham tonight, it will be their third straight home league win. That would help restore some belief that Everton could still make a late dash for a Europa League spot - especially as the top half of the table is so tight.

However, Moyes has revealed that his side's form has been so poor at times this term he is actually pleased they did not qualify last season.

"We would love the opportunity to be back in and as a club we need it - financially, we could do with it as well," he said.

"I have watched the Europa League but because our own form has been so bad in the Premier League, I have said at times: 'Thank goodness we have not got an Europa League game to concentrate on.' That is how I have felt because our form has been bad.

"Maybe if I had been in Europe, the cup runs could have helped us. At the start of the season, we had quite a few players who needed games but we didn't have the games to give them."

Just as Moyes knows a couple of wins could bring back to life those European dreams, he is also aware that the same number of losses will again send the Toffees tumbling.

"You could be 10th or 11th but find yourself back down in 15th or 16th if you lose two games," he said. "I don't think anyone is saying it is over."

Mirror Sport 080311

epsomraver

Duncan Ferguson on the coaching staff for juniors! why not bring in Vinnie Jones for the set!At least they will be good at headers on other players bonces :014:

MrFantastic

we are still better than Everton at this time but not that better so i think it will be a draw there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.