Main Menu

"I'm Not A Bully But I Know Who The Rat Is" - Martin Jol

Started by White Noise, October 22, 2011, 11:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fulham boss dismisses rumours of bust up with Zamora

Published 22:24 22/10/11

By Wally Downs

Martin Jol has rubbished his reputation as a bully boss as stories of a row with Bobby Zamora rumble on.

"I tell the truth. I am not a bully," Jol said.

"That is not my style but I want to win and sometimes I have to visualise that with the ­players. I am not the sort of manager that shouts, the only thing I can do is ­exclude them or drop them. If they don't work 100 per cent for the team I don't think I will shout at them or fine them, I don't think that will help with all the players. That can be a strength or a weakness.

"I've not had a row with Zamora, but I know where stories are coming from."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-boss-Martin-Jol-insists-he-is-not-a-bully-article817925.html#ixzz1bYEg4B1J

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Not a bully ???..............but he IS a crock   :doh:

Quote :
Saturday   27.11.2004   (For other Spurs history on this day click here)

Martin Jol has let fly at John Gregory and Ian Dowie who were the "expert summarisers" at the Aston Villa v Spurs match on Sky TV.  The Spurs Head Coach said Gregory was "useless" at Aston Villa and that Ian Dowie is "not fit to mend his shoelace".  Gregory had criticised Spurs' tactics and Dowie said he could not understand why Mendes had been played on the right, when the Spurs coach had nobody else to play there.  Jol added that in Holland such criticism by fellow managers is not acceptable and that he wished he could say things about the pundits, but he had not been successful in this country yet.
  Martin Jol also said "After the success of the 1960s it took a long time for the club to be big again, as they were for a while in the 1980s," he added.  "Success takes a long time; I hope I am the one to help them turn the corner. I know the way to treat players and that's to be myself. I can be a likeable person, but also a crocodile."

Martin Jol has said that in two years we will have a fantastic team and will be challenging for silverware.  The new Head Coach said that there was pressure in taking the job, but he was used to it and that having played in many games as a player, he was used to that, although he cannot now affect the play.  he said he tells the players they are the best people to affect the play on the pitch. He did ask the fans to be realistic and patient as the team is still building towards the aim of everyone at the club.