Main Menu

Let's not overreact...

Started by Edwatch_Winston_Malone, October 23, 2011, 03:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2011, 03:59:46 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 23, 2011, 03:56:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2011, 03:45:23 PM
Jol's system? Which team had the majority of the ball in the last twenty minutes over 90 minutes?

Fulham 54%
Everton 46%

Who scored the goals in the last twenty minutes? We can keep the ball until the last five minutes, but when it matters we concede too much to the opposition.

It was a bad system, or bad tactics, that caused Ruiz and Zamora to miss was it?

michaelread

Jol's system? Which team had the majority of the ball in the last twenty minutes over 90 minutes?

Fulham 54%
Everton 46%

Who scored the goals in the last twenty minutes? We can keep the ball until the last five minutes, but when it matters we concede too much to the opposition.

load of crap, if Howard doesnt pull off a lucky save and zamora doesnt miss a complete sitter, the heads dont go down. Both those goals scored in the last 3 minutes arent a reflection of the game. You'd think you lot we're manc supporters from bloody pakistan who check the score on the news in the morning. Goals get you points, but they arent a reflection of how the game panned out.

MJG

I have stuck up for Murphy long enough but today after not playing mid week he should have been fully refreshed and up for it.
But he's now a liability, good teams know that if you stick a man on him we can't play.
Its never his fault, he's always having a go at other players.
Time has finally caught up with him, we may not have a player to replace him but we have to just get on with what we have. Off to Sky with you Danny and thanks for all you have done.

Lighthouse

Quote from: michaelread on October 23, 2011, 04:08:04 PM

Fulham 54%
Everton 46%

load of crap, if Howard doesnt pull off a lucky save and zamora doesnt miss a complete sitter, the heads dont go down. Both those goals scored in the last 3 minutes arent a reflection of the game. You'd think you lot we're manc supporters from bloody pakistan who check the score on the news in the morning. Goals get you points, but they arent a reflection of how the game panned out.

I am sorry I didn't know we are in the land of 'if'. If we were better we would have won more games.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

michaelread

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2011, 04:12:42 PM
Quote from: michaelread on October 23, 2011, 04:08:04 PM

Fulham 54%
Everton 46%

I am sorry I didn't know we are in the land of 'if'. If we were better we would have won more games.

We're on earth, and on earth they play football. Its a bunch of humans, 11 of them vs another 11. Humans make errors, sometimes. Thats what brings a bit of magic to the game. If you want robots who dont make mistakes, buy FIFA 12 and watch the two teams play each other without any humans controlling it.

Lighthouse

Um FIFA 2012 usually has Humans buying it so they can control the computer game. That is the point. People make errors and that is the reason we are debating the game. Not sure what surreal world we have crossed into here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

michaelread

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2011, 04:32:10 PM
Um FIFA 2012 usually has Humans buying it so they can control the computer game. That is the point. People make errors and that is the reason we are debating the game. Not sure what surreal world we have crossed into here.

read again, i said fifa without anyone controlling it. It's where you let robot team A play robot team b and the best team wins based upon their formation and players, bereft of heart and luck

MJG

Sorry going to over react
Murphy...time up move on to sky studios
Dembele...get a job on a merry go round considering how you like to turn round all the time.
Dempsey..the man has no centre of gravity, in over 35 years of watching FULHAM I have never seen any player fall over so much at the slightest touch, and stop all the fancy tricks.
Zamora..moody Git, put a bloody shift in or bugger off.
Johnson..never had the so called pace we all thought he had, one game may have won him a two year contract.
Sidwell..it was a clean tackle that gave them a free kick, learn to not lunge in mate.
Riise..blowing out you arse after 30 mins..fitness man

Is that enough to get on with....

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

yeah, yeah, yeah...

Yet in our last home game we scored 6 and were the dog's....

ron

I seem to remember being told off on these pages for suggesting a good bit earlier on in the season - "surmising" rather than going on proven fact - that there was dressing room unrest at the new Jol broom sweeping clean to the irritation of the established players .

I can't help but think that Zamora's (for instance) play now...which seems to have receded to the early stage when he couldn't buy a goal and was stunningly arrogant in his attitude to the fans and press alike.....proves the point that the management is not firm enough or charismatic enough to handle the fickle senior pro footballer egos that all clubs get saddled with.

Anyone know what  a certain M O'N is doing at the moment? Our plight is fast becoming exactly the situation that he seems to thrive in.  Food for thought maybe. I haven't been a "Jol out" merchant as yet, but all the danger signs are now firmly in place.

jarv

I just got in and straight to this site to get the score. Of dear, a lot of angry people. I am hugely disappointed by this and will wiat for Hatterdon's report for an accurate assessment.

DDoes not look good. This time last year, under Hughes, at least Fulham were playing with some passion and not losing 3 in a row. However, was today worse than home to west ham last year???   Sad day. fp.gif

MJG

Quote from: jarv on October 23, 2011, 06:47:12 PM
I just got in and straight to this site to get the score. Of dear, a lot of angry people. I am hugely disappointed by this and will wiat for Hatterdon's report for an accurate assessment.

DDoes not look good. This time last year, under Hughes, at least Fulham were playing with some passion and not losing 3 in a row. However, was today worse than home to west ham last year???   Sad day. fp.gif
it was not as bad as the performance against West Ham. We could have won today and the performance at times could have been a lot better, but it was no boxing day all over again.

Basil

We were far from awful today. Not even close to Boxing Day last year. The main observation I take from today is the fine margins in football. All our perceptions and reactions are dictated by a minutes play at the end..could have so easily gone the other way and it will over the course of the season.