watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's not overreact...

Started by Edwatch_Winston_Malone, October 23, 2011, 03:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

There are plenty more games to get it right...

Brede Butter Pudding

We haven't played a top 6 team away from home yet, and we've only played City at home... The teams we've lost to we should be trouncing.

This is seriously worrying, and I'm not usually one to overreact about one bad result.

CorkCity

Jol is worse than Sanchez though, is that an overreaction ?
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

FC Silver Fox

Yeh but 6 points from 5 games at home, 1 point from 4 away.  Trend this to the end of the season and we'll get 28 points.
Even if you trend our 7 points from 9 games, we'll get just 30 points. Either way, its relegation form.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

horse1031

Quote from: CorkCity on October 23, 2011, 03:24:54 PM

that is the definition

FC Silver Fox

Trying to look positive, what a wonderful goal from Bryan Ruiz. Nearly got a second too.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

CorkCity

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on October 23, 2011, 03:27:51 PM
Trying to look positive, what a wonderful goal from Bryan Ruiz. Nearly got a second too.

If he had scored a second we would have lost 3-2, thats me being positive as well.

FatFreddysCat

Well done Mr Malone you hooked  :hook: quite a few there  065.gif

ImperialWhite

We played some great stuff there - if Ruiz's second, or Bobby's first, had gone in we (obviously) wouldn't even be having this conversation.

We're in transition, and today, despite the bad result, I think we saw a glimpse of the team we're going to become - fluid and fast in the attack.

DUKE

i am amazed how a lot of our fans look at one individual goal with such optimism when we have lost 3 games in a row. we lost to bloody everton for god sake. this  game used to be a 3 points banker for us. this is relegation form guys.

PokerMatt

The thing is though with 'playing some good stuff' is we've already failed to win several very winnable home games in Villa and dreadful Blackburn (and this one). And we've only had one game I can say I wouldn't expect anything from (City, where we snatched a point). Away to Wolves, Newcastle, West Brom - even with our away record you shouldn't roll over, 1 point from 9 there.

It wouldn't be so bad knowing (hoping) that it will take time for Jol's system to work if we hadn't already f'd up so many winnable games. There aren't that many throughout a season really..
Follow me: @mattdjourno

cutbushcitylimits

fluid and fast in the attack?

I'll have a pint of what your on!!

ImperialWhite

FFS!

This time last season we were in exactly the same position
- with just two points more. Two draws. That's it. And we finished 8th.

Chill out! We played some good stuff today - could have won it twice. When we gel (we will) this side is going to be unstoppable.

Lighthouse

I agree we don't need to over react. With Murphy playing so poorly and poor finishing and giving fouls away in stupid places plus bad luck. We will be in a struggle all season.

That is a fact.

Jol's system? Which team had the majority of the ball in the last twenty minutes. Wasn't us was it? No overreaction, just depressed and I can see no way out of this.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2011, 03:45:23 PM
I agree we don't need to over react. With Murphy playing so poorly and poor finishing and giving fouls away in stupid places plus bad luck. We will be in a struggle all season.

That is a fact.

Jol's system? Which team had the majority of the ball in the last twenty minutes. Wasn't us was it? No overreaction, just depressed and I can see no way out of this.
How dare you say Murphy is playing poorly? Surely not Super Dan our hero who was surprisingly missing thursday but luckily recovered in time for today  :014:

CorkCity

That is a fact.

I think you are overreacting !

alfie

Quote from: CorkCity on October 23, 2011, 03:24:54 PM

I have to say that none of that was down to Jol today it had nothing to do with tactics it just was pure bad defending, and bad finishing, Jol put out a good attacking team, and they were stunned by that quick goal, he made the change that everyone around me were screaming for and it worked, then our saviour the man that apparently we cannot do without flops when all he had to do was tap in goes for the glory and the spectacular, after that miss i reckon his team mates were just in shock all beliving he had won them the game.

No was not Jol's fault, no manager can be blamed for that level of play.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TWFL

We're in a bad run of form and have been playing rubbish. There was absolutely no movement on the pitch. I dont know if that's because of troubles in the team trust and understanding of the tactics or if it's because some were not up for it but whatever it is it needs to be sorted.
Bobby was awful, Murphy even worse. We need replacements for both.
BUT I'm still confident we can overcome this. Ruiz's goal was superb and was unlucky not to get a second. Let's see what happens in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it goes well, I think it will.

ImperialWhite

Jol's system? Which team had the majority of the ball in the last twenty minutes over 90 minutes?

Fulham 54%
Everton 46%

Lighthouse

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 23, 2011, 03:56:06 PM
Jol's system? Which team had the majority of the ball in the last twenty minutes over 90 minutes?

Fulham 54%
Everton 46%

Who scored the goals in the last twenty minutes? We can keep the ball until the last five minutes, but when it matters we concede too much to the opposition.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope