News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ok, grim right now but have you looked at next 6 fixtures???

Started by jarv, October 23, 2011, 07:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

wigan away.....draw
spurs home....loss
sunderland away....draw
arsenal away....loss
liverpool home....draw
swansea away....loss.

That makes 3 points. Am I being too optimistic or pessimistic?

:hook:

MJG

DukeTyrion

MJG

When you look at those games we are in real trouble. At the end of that we will have played 15 games and  to be out of the bottom three we would really need to have 14-16 pts at that stage.
Can anyone see three wins out of that?

horse1031

Quote from: jarv on October 23, 2011, 07:18:37 PM
wigan away.....draw
spurs home....loss
sunderland away....draw
arsenal away....loss
liverpool home....draw
swansea away....loss.

any other middle table team would struggle against those teams but it seems pretty Fulhamish to get 8 points from those games.

Snibbo

If "Good Fulham" turn up, then optimistically:

wigan away.....win
spurs home....win
sunderland away....draw
arsenal away....draw
liverpool home....win
swansea away....win

If "Bad Fulham" turn up then pessimistically:

wigan away.....loss
spurs home....loss
sunderland away....loss
arsenal away....loss
liverpool home....loss
swansea away....loss.

Useful eh?  :dft012:

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: jarv on October 23, 2011, 07:18:37 PM
wigan away.....draw
spurs home....loss
sunderland away....draw
arsenal away....loss
liverpool home....draw
swansea away....loss.

Slightly optimistic I feel
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Oakeshott

I'm afraid I can see us propping up the table after the Liverpool game, buh here's hoping. If we are to take 3 points from any of the next five, Wigan and Sunderland away look our best bets - but with our away record one certainly can't be confident.

I think our destruction of QPR now looks a false dawn. Having seen them struggle to get a single worthwhile chance in the second half against nine men, they look to be in a worse state than us, irrespective of current point counts. Thank goodness Hughes didn't buy Wright-Philips.

mrska

wigan away.....win
spurs home....draw
sunderland away....win
arsenal away....loss
liverpool home....draw
swansea away....win..

3 away wins   easy!!. 079.gif

FC Silver Fox

wigan away..... draw 1-1 we dominated the game and really should have won. Jammy equalizer 5 mins from the end.
spurs home.... 1-0 win.  Didn't expect that.  What a game. Great goal, Demps.
sunderland away....loss 2-0  We were crap. Just one shot on target and that was from Briggs.
arsenal away....loss 2-1 Didn't expect anything else really. Good to see BZ get a poacher's goal;k
liverpool home.... draw 0-0  Murphy dominated the midfield. Pity the penalty was saved by Reina.  AJ should really have scored when he was through on goal too.
swansea away....draw 1-1  Tight game. Good away point.

That gives us 6 points. We'll be 14th or 15th with 4 clubs on the same number or points.
Accurate enough prediction for you ?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on October 24, 2011, 09:33:02 AM
wigan away..... draw 1-1 we dominated the game and really should have won. Jammy equalizer 5 mins from the end.
sunderland away....loss 2-0  We were crap. Just one shot on target and that was from Briggs.
arsenal away....loss 2-1 Didn't expect anything else really. Good to see BZ get a poacher's goal;k
liverpool home.... draw 0-0  Murphy dominated the midfield. Pity the penalty was saved by Reina.  AJ should really have scored when he was through on goal too.

That gives us 6 points. We'll be 14th or 15th with 4 clubs on the same number or points.

That is pretty good I reckon.

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 24, 2011, 10:02:29 AM

6 pts will give us a total of 13pts from 15 games. thats bottom 3 after 15 games games.

Last season after 13 games we had 14 pts and were 16th. so we will be in a worse position than that.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: MJG on October 24, 2011, 11:18:15 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 24, 2011, 10:02:29 AM

6 pts will give us a total of 13pts from 15 games. thats bottom 3 after 15 games games.

Last season after 13 games we had 14 pts and were 16th. so we will be in a worse position than that.

And after another six games we only had two more points. And were 18th. In the relegation zone. 18 games and only two wins.

Under Hughes we were shite until we beat Stoke.

HatterDon

Don't ask me. I was absolutely convinced we were going to handle Everton easily. I also thought we'd beat Villa at home -- shows how much I bloody know.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Dan in Notts

Three of the away games are winnable, though obviously we're not going to win them all - they're the sort of teams from whom we might expect to pick up our annual one or two wins.  I've seen a few posts suggesting that Wigan will be looking forward to playing us.  I'm not sure about that: while they'd certainly prefer to play us to many other teams, I don't think you look forward to any games when you're bottom and there's a lot of pressure on them.

alfie

I'm sorry but it is a bit pointless (no pun intended) but we have no idea how those games are going to go, we may win them all loose the or draw them.

I would wager that very very few people thought that Manure would get thrashed at hom 1-6 or that the ha's would beat chels or indeed that we would loose to blue scousers
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jarv

Those who predicted 6 points. I hope you are right. Just to cheer everyone up, my predictions are always way off, absolutely useless. So, could be a good month.
I was thinking of betting on the other teams. I never win at that either. 090.gif

Blingo

3 wins, 1 draw,  two losses or draws as Bling bling sees it ;)

cebu

Quote from: Blingo on October 24, 2011, 07:59:17 PM
3 wins, 1 draw,  two losses or draws as Bling bling sees it ;)

Damned pessimist!  :003: