watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh Good They Are Going To Change The Offside Law

Started by White Noise, October 26, 2011, 07:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFantastic

there is no way there is a foul, players are simply running in a formation they are not pushing anyone. Goalkeeper can't do anything because if he goes in it will be a foul and he can't safe a shot because players would come to close to a goal. There is no obstruction players in a formation wouldn't push or use their backs to protect player in the middle they would only run, how can a player who is only running be called for obstruction. I know fifa would probably call it an obstruction because they don't know what to do but if we go into it technically there is no foul. This wouldn't open a game up for other team because there would be no way to take a ball away from a team before they score a goal.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Rupert

Quote from: MrFantastic on October 27, 2011, 03:43:48 PM
there is no way there is a foul, players are simply running in a formation they are not pushing anyone. Goalkeeper can't do anything because if he goes in it will be a foul and he can't safe a shot because players would come to close to a goal. There is no obstruction players in a formation wouldn't push or use their backs to protect player in the middle they would only run, how can a player who is only running be called for obstruction. I know fifa would probably call it an obstruction because they don't know what to do but if we go into it technically there is no foul. This wouldn't open a game up for other team because there would be no way to take a ball away from a team before they score a goal.

Players do not have to push anyone, all a defender does is stand his ground, as he is legally entitled to do, then your "tank" formation either splits to let him in (so he can tackle and clear the ball), or somebody runs into him and the ref blows for a free kick.
Plus, if the ref was really up to speed, every player in the formation would get a yellow card for unsporting behaviour, as you are deliberately trying to get around the laws of the game. Every player, when they sign up for a league, is assumed to have read the county FA handbook (yeah, I know), and there are some fascinating bits in there about what is proper and legal, and playing the game in the correct spirit, and this formation most definately is not in that spirit.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Berserker

Quote from: SP3 on October 26, 2011, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on October 26, 2011, 09:29:29 AM
which is about as much use as....  suggestions please...

A one legged man at a bum-kicking party :032:

Could do handstands and then kick bums!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.