watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not much activity here lads and lasses

Started by finnster01, October 28, 2011, 04:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

What happened to the colony section? And I thought the sun never sets on FoF.

Go on, grab a keyboard and breathe some life back into this thing. Maybe we need to resurface the trump card, the food thread?

Speaking about which, I had this absolutely fantastic trip to the market last Saturday and picked up some lovely fresh seafood (fresh cod filets, cat fish, jumbo shrimp, two steamed good sized fresh lobsters (1.5-2 lbs) , smoked salmon and a hot-smoked brook trout). Have been eating like a king all week, but still feel the urge to go back again this weekend.

Oh, I nearly forgot the artisan bread I bought that was beyond delicious. It was a round sour dough baked with a generous portion of rosemary inside. Tasted fantastic, especially with a little bit of slightly melted real butter  :Haynes The Maestro:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...I noticed this the other day, I'm not sure if it is reflection on the results or http://www.fulhamusa.com/ attracting more members.

This has become something of a backwater, and was initially an experiment to see if Johnny foreigner and the exiles (good band name) wanted to comment on how Fulham affects them locally and other regional matters.

Perhaps this section has had it's day and should be laid quietly to rest..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 28, 2011, 10:01:54 AM
...I noticed this the other day, I'm not sure if it is reflection on the results or http://www.fulhamusa.com/ attracting more members.

This has become something of a backwater, and was initially an experiment to see if Johnny foreigner and the exiles (good band name) wanted to comment on how Fulham affects them locally and other regional matters.

Perhaps this section has had it's day and should be laid quietly to rest..?

I think you may have a good point Mr LB. Back in the day there seemed to be a "divide" especially between the yanks and the poms and a shadow site like this had a purpose.

I think now a lot of that "divide" has disappeared. And if you feel talking about sausages, you can still do that on the main site without fearing reprisals from MI 5.

I don't know how much effort goes into maintaining the exile section, but if it makes the overall life of the mods easier (or cut cost), I say we may as well shut it down. It doesn't seem to have a purpose anymore as all expats posts on the main, and the yanks are doing the same.

I do not expect large demonstrations in Tienanmen Square if you shut it down Ed.

AmericanJames

I have always been a fan of popping on this section, but it seems to have slowed down a bit. I know I've been busy w/ my studies and haven't had much time to pop on here. I can tell you i'd be disappointed if it were to go away
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Fulham for life!

finnster01

What's the point in having a site that isn't used by anybody anymore?

That's a bit like having Martin Jol as a manager just because every other team has a manager. I am still trying to figure out what Jol actually does.  cloud9

Porkopolis

I know I spend my time on the main board. This section definitely has a place but it has been a bit slow lately.

YankeeJim

I have had problems getting feeds to view the matches. Hard to comment when you don't see it. That and I just spent two weeks on a road trip starting in CN up across Maine, Quebec, Montreal,  Niagara Falls & West Point. The misses & I had two 1 1/2 lb. lobsters & drinks for $31 US. It was on a sorting pier. The boats bring in their catch and they are graded, sorted and shipped so that you can buy it in NY three days later. Talk about fresh. What was great was that it was prepared and served by a group of Jamacians. "Want me to crack that mon?" Jamacians in a place that gets a cold as the north pole. Who would have thunk? Great trip and no football at all the entire trip.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LordNelson

Rafa Marquez is a dirty cheatin' bastard and the biggest nancy I've ever seen.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Porkopolis

Quote from: LordNelson on November 01, 2011, 03:02:41 AM
Rafa Marquez is a dirty cheatin' bastard and the biggest nancy I've ever seen.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get taken down hard in the second leg.

LordNelson

Don't think she'll be playing with the ole  096.gig
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

mhatc

Quote from: finnster01 on October 29, 2011, 03:56:51 PM
What's the point in having a site that isn't used by anybody anymore?

That's a bit like having Martin Jol as a manager just because every other team has a manager. I am still trying to figure out what Jol actually does.  cloud9

Contradict himself?

Steve_orino

Unfortunately, I've become more of a lurker rather than the poster or contributer I may have been considered before. 

Despite the slow activity here in E&O section, I think it has its value.  There are international events or American based sports that occur & this is a great area to discuss them.  I remember trying to discuss the NBA Finals or NHL Finals on the main thread once & there were posts of, "Who Cares?"  They were right, no one over there cared but for this Fulham guy in Dallas, who follows sports in general, I cared.

I don't have the stats in front of me but if the activity on here doesn't warrant having it, then by all means, drop this section.  If it doesn't cost extra though, it'd be nice to have it available for Out There discussion...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AmericanJames

Quote from: LordNelson on November 01, 2011, 06:22:26 PM

Yea he received a red for his poor actions, that type of behavior out of him does not surprise me. I recall being at WC qualifier vs them in Columbus a couple yrs back and he got sent of for cleting Timmy Howard in the thigh while going for a header in the box MEXICO VS USA 0-2 USA VS MEXICO 2009 2/11/09 COLUMBUS OHIO HQ ALTA CALIDAD EE.UU VS MEXICO about 1:32 into the video. He is scum, mexico's John terry

FatFreddysCat

I still like to pop in now and then when it's busier. I'd go along with if it dosen't cost then leave it, if not give it the boot.

YankeeJim

Quote from: AmericanJames on November 02, 2011, 08:03:32 PM

Yea he received a red for his poor actions, that type of behavior out of him does not surprise me. I recall being at WC qualifier vs them in Columbus a couple yrs back and he got sent of for cleting Timmy Howard in the thigh while going for a header in the box MEXICO VS USA 0-2 USA VS MEXICO 2009 2/11/09 COLUMBUS OHIO HQ ALTA CALIDAD EE.UU VS MEXICO about 1:32 into the video. He is scum, mexico's John terry

If I stood up, dropped my drawers & bent over at the waist, you'd be exactly looking at Marquez. He is a dirty player as well as a dispicable human bean.  :022:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 03, 2011, 01:52:14 PM

If I stood up, dropped my drawers & bent over at the waist, you'd be exactly looking at Marquez. He is a dirty player as well as a dispicable human bean.  :022:
LOL and totally agree with you!
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 03, 2011, 01:52:14 PM

I think your being a bit too kind to Marquez with that analogy

LordNelson

He also got the Red in the 2002 World Cup for head butting Cobi Jones.  Parents in Mexico should tell their toddlers to not forget to wipe their Marquez from now on.