https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

R.I.P. Jimmy Savile

Started by Jimpav, October 29, 2011, 03:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakeshott

"doesn't alter the fact I always found him a real creep."

That is because you didn't know him.

I worked with him closely for a year or so and kept in touch thereafter, visiting him both in his penthouse overlooking Roundhay Park, Leeds and his flat in Park Crescent, near Regents Park. He was very good company, as shrewd as they come, and absolutely spotless when it came to matters of scandal, sexual or financial. (And the last was of course checked very carefully by the relevant authorities when my then manager put him forward for the knighthood he was subsequently awarded.)

Strange in some ways, certainly. But there was no parallel whatsoever with Michael Jackson.

BalDrick

Quote from: Oakeshott on October 31, 2011, 05:08:50 PM
"doesn't alter the fact I always found him a real creep."

That is because you didn't know him.

I worked with him closely for a year or so and kept in touch thereafter, visiting him both in his penthouse overlooking Roundhay Park, Leeds and his flat in Park Crescent, near Regents Park. He was very good company, as shrewd as they come, and absolutely spotless when it came to matters of scandal, sexual or financial. (And the last was of course checked very carefully by the relevant authorities when my then manager put him forward for the knighthood he was subsequently awarded.)

Strange in some ways, certainly. But there was no parallel whatsoever with Michael Jackson.

Fair enough.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town