watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

R.I.P. Jimmy Savile

Started by Jimpav, October 29, 2011, 03:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Might be a bit wasted on our foreign friends but he certainly brightened up my childhood and dare say a few of yours.

Shame someone couldn't fix it for Jim.

OtterFFC

Now then, now then . . . RIP Sir Jimmy

epsomraver

Very sad, a really genuine bloke from humble beginnings, did so much for others

MJG

A strange man (and anyone who saw the Louis Theroux programe would agree), but met him once at a Hospital awards do, and had time for everyone as well as quite funny.

Burt

RIP - he was a part of my childhood, and his charitable work was superb.

WhiteJC

RIP, fix it was required viewing when I was a kid

mrska

FatFreddysCat

loved Jim'll fix it. Tried chatting my mum up many years ago when she worked for HR Owens. No i dont think he did .

White Noise

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 29, 2011, 04:34:10 PM
loved Jim'll fix it. Tried chatting my mum up many years ago when she worked for HR Owens. No i dont think he did .

Wasn't that about 9 months before you were born??

The likeness is uncanny -

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: White Noise on October 29, 2011, 04:40:31 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 29, 2011, 04:34:10 PM

Wasn't that about 9 months before you were born??

The likeness is uncanny -

Hahaha, the only likeness is my hair  is rapidly turning his colour  :035:

leonffc

RIP Jimmy.

Sent from an Ipad built in to my massive armchair whilst smoking a cigar

Berserker

I have often been past his cottage  in Glencoe and thought of my Jim will fix it dream of riding a speedway bike, my dream never came true. RIP Jimmy, i don't care if you were a bit eccentic i'm sure your heart was in the right place
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SHADY1

RIP J S
I have to admit though I always wondered about Jimmy and have been waiting for some dodgy allegations to be made against him... I'm happy to be wrong......unless !!
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SHADY1 on October 29, 2011, 06:31:31 PM
RIP J S
I have to admit though I always wondered about Jimmy and have been waiting for some dodgy allegations to be made against him... I'm happy to be wrong......unless !!
Does have that look about him dosen't he?

TheDaddy

Brilliant but strange fellow part of my childhood and a great fund raiser now remember to "Clunk Click even on the shortest trip"
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I had a mate run the London Marathon in 1991 in 3hrs 40, and said he overtook a laboring Jimmy Saville 3 times !
Serious question marks about whether he was using his bus pass !
RIP Jim.

Rupert

At Mass this morning the priest said that, when he was hospital chaplain at Stoke Mandeville, they never knew if Jimmy Saville was around during the Mass (he was a Catholic) as he sat in the sacristy with the door propped open, so as not to cause any disturbance from the rest of the congregation, but they knew he had been there afterwards as the collection was always up.
He also admitted that he was never really able to warm to him, even though he greatly admired the man for all his charitable work.
I suppose he has managed something that many of us would want, a busy, productive life and a lot of people thinking the world is a poorer place once we are gone.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

HatterDon

I remember him as a DJ and as a television personality. Jim'll Fix It was a good show, but you had to adjust yourself to his eccentricities. Most of mah fella 'muricans thought he was weird, but I quite enjoyed watching him.

Remember when he co-hosted a broadcast with Dr. David Owen? To my memory it was the only partisan thing he ever did. I often wondered if it damaged his career.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Music owes an incredible amount to Sir Jimmy. He created the very first discos by connecting two turntables and mixing two songs into each other. An incredibly simple, yet completely world-changing thing to do.

RIP Sir Jim
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BalDrick

Always found the guy very creepy. Put it like this, he'd be somewhere near the Chuckle Brothers and Jacko in my list of potential babysitters.

Cue lots of abuse no doubt. Yes he did a lot of work for charidee, doesn't alter the fact I always found him a real creep.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town