https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sign Here To Apologise To The Wigan Fans

Started by White Noise, October 29, 2011, 04:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie17

Quote from: Mr_Moon on October 29, 2011, 09:25:41 PM
Teams deserve to be where they are by footballing merits

trouble for wigan is that they haven't been good enough for quite a while. Should've gone down before now I reckon, it feels a bit overdue.  Nice players, good manager, but it doesn't quite add up.

MJG

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 29, 2011, 09:06:24 PM
Why do you support Fulham Mr Fantastic? we are a very small side that in a Sky ideal World wouldn't be in the Premiership. For me the great thing about football is teams like us ,Wigan and now Nowrich and Swansea can still have our time in the bigtime. Wouldn't it be boring if only big teams were in there? Very un Fulhamish attitude  :046:
Agreed its a very American view Mr F has there.

Scrumpy

Give Mr Fantastic a bit of slack guys. It's a game of opinions.

As for apologising to Wigan fans for stealing 3 points, I'll echo the Everton fans last week.

:59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Bronsons

I like having a smaller, worse-supported team than us in the league. I like the fans (they're a bit like us in choosing to support a local side rather than glory-hunt at the bigger slightly-less-local sides). I like the chairman (like ours, a fan and a bit of a maverick). And I like the team (who try, not always successfully, to play football - like we do).

My ideal three to go down this season would be Manchester Utd, Chelsea and Spurs. Fans made of plastic, racist pondlife (I'm talking out my 80s there) and delusional whiners respectively. Nothing like us, or Wigan.

So good luck, Wigan, and sorry we mugged you for the three points and didn't out-play you as we could have and should have done.  :008:

MrFantastic

It gives a bad image of to the league to have half empty stadium, actually is not half empty but the side that camera points to the most is empty, why not move people on other side of stadium that way it looks like stadium is full. But the team that can't even fill the stadium against man united, arsenal and bigger names teams doesn't deserve to be in EPL. Their highest attandence was against arsenal 23000 people on a stadium that has 25500 seats, at least Fulham fills their stadium against those teams. that shows lack of care for their team. Ok Wigan is between of manchester and Liverpool but look where Fulham is so why did anybody make that point. I know and I wrote that before that team is not in EPL because of their number of their fans, but I would love to see a team that can fill their stadium in EPL and any city in England that cares more about their rugby team than their football team for me in my opinion I don't like them. To tell you why I support Fulham is because their fans care only about Fulham and football the most not rugby and that is why I don't support Wigan but who actually does there. They can't fill a 25000 seat stadium against big name clubs like man united some teams in europe would fill 50000 seat stadium even in a friendly game to see man united play. If man united played FK Sarajevo a team from Bosnia where I am from people wouldn't eat to save money to see that game and these Wigan fans would rather watch rugby, so that is why I don't like the team, because majority of people from Wigan don't care about the team. Wigan plays some of the most boring and bad football in EPL so i would rather see a team with a full stadium and great atmosphere play bad football than a team that has its supporters only watching the to fill the time until a rugby game there.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

CorkedHat

I suppose over sixty years of watching our beloved team you learn to take the rough with the smooth. Sometimes we have outplayed the opposition only to be robbed by a fluke goal against the run of play or an inept decision by an incompetent referee but I have never known the opposing supporters to commiserate with us on our misfortune, but only to revel in their own good luck.
Did the Burnley fans write to us expressing heir condolences when their big lump of a goalkeeper brought down Maurice Cook in the penalty area only for the penalty not to be given thus robbing us of a spot in the FA Cup Final? I think not. How many times have we outplayed the opposition only for us to come away with a loss to our name? Did those supporters from the other team write to us to apologise? Of course they didn't and neither should we expect them to. They are not in the business of worrying what other teams or their supporters think any more that we could care that we once put ten past Ipswich. Sorry Ipswich – we should have given up when we reached three! If all the Wigan supporters have to worry about is losing a game of football then they are very fortunate and any apology from us for beating them will surely be superfluous. group hug
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Jimpav

@ Mr Fantastic.

Firstly your issue with Wigan seems to be with the local people that do not want to support the club as opposed to the decent souls who pay their money and support their club passionately. I don't understand this.

Secondly - do you not expect the club to eventually garner more support and win over new fans - perhaps after getting to a Europa league final? Plenty of new faces at Fulham and on here in the last year or so.

Thirdly, Wigan has a population of around 80,000. Some what smaller than most of the other teams in the league. Especially when you consider the other teams in the catchment area (as mentioned in other posts).

Lastly, your comment about your local team filling their stadium if United came to town encapsulates everything that is rotten about the "EPL". When you come to the cottage I suggest you come when we play a team like Wigan or Blackburn. The stadium might not be full but I  will guarantee that the fans will be genuine and the atmosphere fantastic.

epsomraver

Quote from: Jimpav on October 30, 2011, 07:44:48 AM
@ Mr Fantastic.

Firstly your issue with Wigan seems to be with the local people do not want to support the club as opposed to the decent souls who pay their money and support their club passionately. I don't understand this.

Secondly - do you not expect the club to eventually garner more support and win over new fans - perhaps after getting to a Europa league final? Plenty of new faces at Fulham and on here in the last year or so.

Thirdly, Wigan has a population of around 80,000. Some what smaller than most of the other teams in the league. Especially when you consider the other teams in the catchment area (as mentioned in other posts).

Lastly, your comment about your local team filling their stadium if United came to town encapsulates everything that is rotten about the "EPL". When you come to the cottage I suggest you come when we play a team like Wigan or Blackburn. The stadium might not be full but I  will guarantee that the fans will be genuine and the atmosphere fantastic.

Well said, I won't reply to Mr F as I will be rude to him, not in keeping with our small friendly enthusiastic board.

SG

Quote from: MrFantastic on October 30, 2011, 03:51:17 AM
It gives a bad image of to the league to have half empty stadium, actually is not half empty but the side that camera points to the most is empty, why not move people on other side of stadium that way it looks like stadium is full. But the team that can't even fill the stadium against man united, arsenal and bigger names teams doesn't deserve to be in EPL. Their highest attandence was against arsenal 23000 people on a stadium that has 25500 seats, at least Fulham fills their stadium against those teams. that shows lack of care for their team. Ok Wigan is between of manchester and Liverpool but look where Fulham is so why did anybody make that point. I know and I wrote that before that team is not in EPL because of their number of their fans, but I would love to see a team that can fill their stadium in EPL and any city in England that cares more about their rugby team than their football team for me in my opinion I don't like them. To tell you why I support Fulham is because their fans care only about Fulham and football the most not rugby and that is why I don't support Wigan but who actually does there. They can't fill a 25000 seat stadium against big name clubs like man united some teams in europe would fill 50000 seat stadium even in a friendly game to see man united play. If man united played FK Sarajevo a team from Bosnia where I am from people wouldn't eat to save money to see that game and these Wigan fans would rather watch rugby, so that is why I don't like the team, because majority of people from Wigan don't care about the team. Wigan plays some of the most boring and bad football in EPL so i would rather see a team with a full stadium and great atmosphere play bad football than a team that has its supporters only watching the to fill the time until a rugby game there.

It is fans of teams like Wigan and Fulham that are the true soul of our great game, not the plastics that support the monied teams. I have great respect for clubs like Wigan, their owner and manager and should we ever forget that then we will not be true to our own club's roots.

Mr_Moon

Couldn't give a poo about the Premier League and if anything the Premier League is part of what is wrong with football, not small provincial clubs living the dream. It was only 30 years ago that they were a non-league outfit where the residents were big Liverpool fans or Man Utd fans. You cannot compare Wigan's attendance situation to Fulham's. We are lucky that we are London based so we can milk tourists and day trippers regularly. A city of 7m people is always going to attract more potential punters than a satellite town in Lancashire. I take it you've never been to Wigan as there is nothing to do there.

No disrespect to the BiH Premier League but of course FK Sarajevo would sell out if they played Man Utd, you play utter shite sides every year. Who was the last good side you played? Sparta Praha, Dynamo Kyiv? The thought of playing Man Utd isn't as glamorous for Wigan or any other Premier League side as they play twice a year minimum. Yours would be once in a life time. I also find it slightly hypocritical that you can criticise Wigan fans for not 'caring' about their team with lack of attendances when sides from around the Balkans knock about in empty stadiums.

MrFantastic

That's my point most other countries leagues are bad and to have teams such is man united arsenal play in your teams league and you can't even fill your stadium is bad. Balkans stadiums are empty because there people have no jobs and no money to pay for games in England most people have money to pay for games. Also the leagues are so bad nobody want's to see them. You people don't get it. I only put my opinion on here about Wigan whose fans don't deserve to have team in EPL. Here I was only talking about their fans. They have a team in greatest league and they can't have people come and fill a stadium against great teams. let's have Macclesfield Town in EPL let's have some more teams with no fans and see how EPL legue goes from best in world to a average league. See what happened in Italy. People say Serie A cannot be called best league because their stadiums are half empty. Take look at bundesliga and their stadiums are full almost always with 40000 plus fans even small team such as Hoffenhaim which has population of 35000 people fills their stadium of 30000. So the problem with wigan is not their club but fans who only watch Wigan play so later they can watch rugby. I don't care for Wigan but I would much rather see Leeds back in EPL at least there is grreat atmosphere there and be honest would you rather go on away trip to see Leeds v Fulham or Wigan v Fulham play. I apologized i taught on this site I could give my opinion which are just that opinions on something but I guess I can't so forget everything I wrote before Wigan has great fans and atmosphere in stadium we need more teams like Wigan in EPL
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Mr_Moon

I've seen Man Utd play numerous times in person, there is no wow factor there to go and see them and I'm sure many others would agree. Either you are going to watch Fulham play regardless of who it's against or just not at all. Fulham having a full stadium is no reflection of our fanbase, just our marketing strategies unfortunately.

You talk about Leeds being great but Leeds on average in 2010/11 had 68% of their stadium full. Wigan had 67%.

In 2011/12 Leeds on average have 56% (couldn't even sell out in the cup vs Man Utd (their biggest rival)) whilst Wigan have...(drum roll please) 69%

Also for what it's worth, Wigan Athletic fractionally averages more than Wigan Warriors.

Ticket prices in the Balkans are dirt cheap, I've even been to top flight games for free.

Rupert

Mr Fantastic,

Time for a  S001.gif

Yes, you are more than welcome to come on here and give your opinion, and the reverse is true, everyone else is free to come on and tell you they disagree with you. It happens. Look at my good mate HatterDon. He posted an opinion last week and just about everyone told him he was an idiot for thinking that way. Did he get upset? No, he just agreed to disagree with everyone and got on with his life.
If you only want people to agree with your posts, you are definately in the wrong place (feel free to disagree with me here  :dft003:).

Would I rather go to Leeds or Wigan?
No doubt at all, Wigan every time. Have you ever been to Leeds? It's a dump and all the natives are mono-eyebrowed.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Aldo

You are always welcome and encouraged to give you honest opinion Mr F. It's what makes this Forum what it is, but please do not take offence when others exercise their right to disagree with you! I think everyone who has replied to you has given sound reasoning behind their views and it is for you to either agree or argue against them as you see fit!

For my part I am always happy to see the smaller underdog teams competing with the "big boys." 15 years ago most of us wouldn't have believed we could play and compete in the premiership. I certainly wouldn't begrudge others from doing the same regardless of their attendances. They got to the premiership on their own merit and are more than entitled to be here.

FatFreddysCat

You aint doing yourselfs no favours here,are you sure you aint from the OFFAL on a wind up, if not you have the attitude of a supporter of a team just down the Fulham rd, i'm sure your opinion will  be much better recieved on their mb. :038:

Motown

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 30, 2011, 07:01:08 PM
You aint doing yourselfs no favours here,are you sure you aint from the OFFAL on a wind up, if not you have the attitude of a supporter of a team just down the Fulham rd, i'm sure your opinion will  be much better recieved on their mb. :038:
I'm with you on this, tubby

sid far i

Leeds didn't look very full today on the telly, in fact it looked emptier than Wigan yesterday, They like a lot of clubs only get capacity crowds when the big teams come to town, i've seen Fulham play at a lot of different grounds and some of the smaller clubs have more passionate fans than the bigger teams, as anyone who has been to Old Trafford can testify. If Leeds get promoted this season there will still be loads of empty seats next season when teams like Fulham play there, so whats the difference between half empty Elland road and a half empty DW stadium

LBNo11

...what it all boils down to is that we are all pawns in the big money teams' game of chess, without big stadia and hordes of plastic fans who want to loose the shackles of their own inadequacies and associate themselves with the success of said teams the rest of us are minions who should know our place...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Reindeer

I totally distance myself from this post.

Don't wish Wigan any bad luck, but glad we got the 3 points yesterday.