watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sign Here To Apologise To The Wigan Fans

Started by White Noise, October 29, 2011, 04:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

I humbly apologise for taking the 3points today and for our club being party to that sporting spectacle.

Please forgive us and I hope you season picks up from here on in.

Yours sincerely,

fp.gif

Burt

Agree with the first part.

But not the second. We could do with them staying firnly below us!

michaelread

even when we win we whinge! who cares, we took three points!

ImperialWhite

I'm sayin' nowt until the Evertonians apologise to us.

:53:

FFCcravencottage

I'm only interested in Fulham staying in the premier league, I have absolutely no interest in any other team in the premier league. As long as at the end of the season there are 3 teams below us I will be happy.

Whiteroom

I don't think that people have been complaining about how pretty our football has been so far this season, more with results/ missed opportunities. today we got the result but didn't play the nice football and people are still complaining. Lets just enjoy it eh!

White Noise

Jimpav

I've had to endure plenty of smash and grabs at the cottage so I can sympathise but won't apologise.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on October 29, 2011, 05:30:55 PM
Quote from: White Noise on October 29, 2011, 05:27:44 PM
Have we played worse this season?
No not away but who cares we got 3 points. All well and good playing great but getting nothing from the game.
A massive plus 1. I actully like Wigan, think it's fantastic a smaller club than even ourselves have survived so long.plus it must really piss Sky off who'd love a Leeds, cheats to take thier and our place. Nice supporters as well, as mentioned a zillion times before  :039: i had a drink with their firm once (surprisingly quite big) and top blokes  :54:

MrFantastic

we are staying up we are staying up oooooooooooooooooooooooo we are staying up we are staying up and wigan I don't care for not even their fans care their stadium is almost always half empty there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

LBNo11

...I have no problem with the Wigan either, they have loyal fans who are small in number because they play deep in rugby league territory. Today the Luck was with us, I know how bitter a pill that is to swallow (remember Hull 0 - 1 recently) and as a decent set of fans I do feel sorry for them as they must feel mugged.

Re taking a win no matter how we played, sorry, I personally take no particular joy in that. Of course I'll take the points, we will certainly need them in the coming months, but I prefer a win where the team plays to the best of their abilities, and today we should have donned Sava's masks as we left the pitch...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

White Noise

Wigan    Fulham

Possession     54%      46%

Territory        51%      49%

Shots on        6          3

Shots off       10         2

Tackles         13         19

Corners         9           0

Offsides        3           1

Passing        82%       77%

MrFantastic

If they don't care about football that they can't have 20000 fans in it than they don't deserve to be in EPL let them watch rugby, I get that fulham has empty seats sometimes but they play in London along like 15 other teams in London. Wigan is only football team in city beside rugby team. You know how bad EPL looks like when people from other countries are watching Wigan play against some middle table team and stadium is half empty, that sends bad message about EPL. Wigan is not playing in some poor country they play in one of the best leagues and they should have more people come, how many cities in England would have their stadiums full if they were in EPL. I know team doesn't play in EPL because of fans but for me I would like them to be relegated and get a team that has fans back in there.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

LBNo11

Quote from: MrFantastic on October 29, 2011, 07:01:20 PM
If they don't care about football that they can't have 20000 fans in it than they don't deserve to be in EPL let them watch rugby, I get that fulham has empty seats sometimes but they play in London along like 15 other teams in London. Wigan is only football team in city beside rugby team. You know how bad EPL looks like when people from other countries are watching Wigan play against some middle table team and stadium is half empty, that sends bad message about EPL. Wigan is not playing in some poor country they play in one of the best leagues and they should have more people come, how many cities in England would have their stadiums full if they were in EPL. I know team doesn't play in EPL because of fans but for me I would like them to be relegated and get a team that has fans back in there.

...so basically what you are saying is that despite Wigan having the talent to make it to the premiership and stay in it for 6 years because they have small crowds they don't deserve to be in the top flight because they cannot fill their stadium and it looks bad to those from abroad watching the premier league.

I take it you support the top teams in wanting to have only 'big' teams in the premiership and no promotion or relegation?

Fulham fans sure have changed.. :046:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

err mate it's not that simple,Wigan are 20 miles aways from Liverpool(Liverpool & Everton) 30 miles away from Manchester(City & United) 11 miles to Bolton, 18 miles to Blackburn and Wigan only got into the Football League about 35 years ago and they share a stadium with one of the biggest names in Rugby League in the world-the fact they are ANYWHERE NEAR the Premier league is a minor miracle-so don't be so hard on them 065.gif

The King

Oh sorry, I thought getting in and staying in the Premier League was about performing in matches, not about attendance figures. Well, I guess I've been proven wrong.

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jack Fulham

They play in Lancashire which has the most amount of teams in the Premier League. Doesn't help being sandwiched between Manchester and Liverpool either. If all football fans had this view, we'd not deserve to be in the Premiership and don't use the London excuse, it's one of the most densely populated and affluent areas in the Country so should we be selling out every game on that?

As for Wigan, I don't think they will stay up this season but they should of won today. Wish them all the best for the rest of the season. Been a big fan of Martinez since those two performances Swansea put up against us in the FA Cup.

FatFreddysCat

Why do you support Fulham Mr Fantastic? we are a very small side that in a Sky ideal World wouldn't be in the Premiership. For me the great thing about football is teams like us ,Wigan and now Nowrich and Swansea can still have our time in the bigtime. Wouldn't it be boring if only big teams were in there? Very un Fulhamish attitude  :046:

Mr_Moon

Teams deserve to be where they are by footballing merits