watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele - Twist Or Stick?

Started by White Noise, October 29, 2011, 05:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Should we drop him despite the goal or did you see signs of improvement today?

Jack Fulham

Would prefer him on the right where he would have more space. AJ worked hard as usual but the right wing isn't really the place for him.

gang

I would like to see him on the bench and Brian starting.

FatFreddysCat

sunburywhite

At least he is running forward for a change but can't tackle for toffee. Has improved over last year but is never going to be a player who takes the game by the scruff of the neck

Sent from my front room while drinking the first glass of wine for the night
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SouthfieldWhite

We've been crying out for years for a creative skilful player like Moussa, now we've got him, why do we want to drop him, I'd prefere to see him up top nearer to goal where he can do some damage

MJG

As much as i had a go at him today i would play him quite close behind the main striker .
For all his tricks he does not have the pace to play as an out and out winger .
His goal came from where his other goals have come, playing in the centre heading towards the box.

Whiteroom

White Noise

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/10/jol-salutes-dembele/

Jol salutes Dembele

by Dan on October 29, 2011

Martin Jol raved over Moussa Dembele's ability after the Belgian's first goal of the secured a vital win for Fulham at Wigan this afternoon.

The Fulham manager gave Dembele a free role behind lone striker Bobby Zamora and the 24-year-old responded with the crucial second goal in a backs-to-the-wall victory that gives Fulham a little breathing space above the relegation zone. Jol insists that if Dembele can find the net more often he has all the attributes to be a top player.

We changed it around and put Moussa Dembele in midfield. I thought Moussa deserved to score, he was terrific.

He is so gifted. The next step is for him to score goals. He has all the talent in the world.

The Fulham manager felt his side deserved a bit of fortune at the DW Stadium after their own disappointment against Everton last Sunday.

If you don't score you don't get the points. We deserved to win because over the season we should have picked up four or five more points.

MJG

Terrific is the not the wording i would use, but a manager lying to defend/ boost one his players is not new.

Travers Barney

He'd always be in my team.

We are the whites
We are the whites

Fusili

cebu

God, sometimes I think fans just love to have someone to blame for everything. Moussa is becoming flavour of the month, it seems. He's a definite keeper, needs to be utilized as often as possible.

We'll be sorry to see him go, when he does go.   bang head

White Noise

Quote from: cebu on October 29, 2011, 09:55:38 PM
God, sometimes I think fans just love to have someone to blame for everything. Moussa is becoming flavour of the month, it seems. He's a definite keeper, needs to be utilized as often as possible.

Eh? Where is anyone blaming him for anything.

Most of the comments in the thread are supportive and complimentary.

He has seemed to be struggling in recent games though and I thought it was a legitimate question to ask whether there are better options to be brought into the side or if posters had seen sufficinet improvement today to persevere with him.

Mitch

Thought he played well. He doesn't 'tackle' very well, but he's got much stronger and uses his body well to edge hmself between the ball and opponent which wins us back a lot of possession.

The Bronsons

He wins the ball, then chases and wins the ball back, he has a low centre of gravity, and he goes past people like they aren't there. He doesn't always look up, doesn't always see a pass early enough, and his shot is a bit weak still (which is maybe why he is reluctant to shoot).

Thing is, if could do all those things already he would have gone to Spurs or Chelsea for £30 million. So we should be happy he's not the full package (yet), and happier that he's looking more dangerous last few games than he did at the start of the season.

cebu

Quote from: White Noise on October 29, 2011, 11:06:42 PM
Quote from: cebu on October 29, 2011, 09:55:38 PM

Eh? Where is anyone blaming him for anything.

Most of the comments in the thread are supportive and complimentary.

He has seemed to be struggling in recent games though and I thought it was a legitimate question to ask whether there are better options to be brought into the side or if posters had seen sufficinet improvement today to persevere with him.

Actually he shows up in several threads, but I only commented here rather than in all of them.

MOR :

He was class against Wigan, they tried to foul him quite a few times but he's so slight of foot they failed miserably...

Basil

crucially he is young too, what is he 24/25, he can get better, not many 31 year olds get better. Def have to stick with him, can't even believe it is a point of debate.

White Noise

Just to clarify - the question I pose is should he be rested and someone like Ruiz start instead or do we think Dembele is improving and worth keeping in the starting 11.