https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 points but some questions..???

Started by jarv, October 30, 2011, 12:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Good defensive performance.

Questions....
1. Would a decent team have beaten Fulham?
2. Is Riise the biggest waste of money since marlet?
3. Did MJ adopt Roy's tactics? (I think he did)

Mr Fulham

Oh, I see that another scapegoat is in the making....Riise has been decent to date and he will come good. Come on, everyone has a bad day at the office. No need to write him down after one bad match.

finnster01

1.Yes
2. No, but pound-for-pound could be a contender.  But I think paying 10 million for another player you can't use in Europe and is sitting on the bench in the league isn't the best return on investments and very Marletesque. He does have shiny hair though, and is defo not a person with a hair colour we can not name.
3. No. Roy had tactics. Since Jol doesn't know what that is, he can't possibly deploy it.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Bronsons

Quote from: Mr Fulham on October 30, 2011, 12:05:41 AM
Oh, I see that another scapegoat is in the making....Riise has been decent to date and he will come good. Come on, everyone has a bad day at the office. No need to write him down after one bad match.

He's had moments going forward, but way too many moments (not) going back. Glass is half empty at the moment. If he gets fit he could still be great for us. If he gets fit.

YankeeJim

Quote from: finnster01 on October 30, 2011, 12:11:50 AM
1.Yes
2. No, but pound-for-pound could be a contender.  But I think paying 10 million for another player you can't use in Europe and is sitting on the bench in the league isn't the best return on investments and very Marletesque. He does have shiny hair though, and is defo not a person with a hair colour we can not name.
3. No. Roy had tactics. Since Jol doesn't know what that is, he can't possibly deploy it.

Am I to assume that Jol is from Liverpool? We got three today because a guy who can and a guy who usually doesn't did; finish that is. That' while being out played in all aspects except center back & goal. Has to be from Jol's unwavering tactics. Right?  Get Coat gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Jimbobob

Quote from: finnster01 on October 30, 2011, 12:11:50 AM
1.Yes

You nailed that whole thing... :54: :54: :54:
Besides the hedious:(Ugly or disgusting to look at and or extremely unpleasant)
all white kit: which I hate more and more each passing second.....
I wonder if God himself has a clue to what "tactics" Jol is deploying...

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

MrFantastic

why are you guys questioning a win with no goals conceded, we are not barcelona or real madrid we can't play great football with players we got now in there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: MrFantastic on October 30, 2011, 03:55:07 AM
why are you guys questioning a win with no goals conceded, we are not barcelona or real madrid we can't play great football with players we got now in there

There's always room for improvement. He was mildly just saying John Arne Riise hasn't been the player we expected he would be - and I agree. He's got forward OKAY but defending wise gets done by pace. He hasn't shone in any game thus far, but he hasn't been terrible.

Let's be honest, why wouldn't he go to Hodgson tactics? Most successful era in Fulham Football Club history and without a big overhaul it would be difficult to change our style of play. Hughes didn't really change much, same type of football but more in the other half of the pitch - thus more attacking. Martin Jol is trying to change the whole philosophy of Fulhams football and is finding it difficult.

And I think Wigan would have beaten us today with better luck, just as we didn't beat Everton.

CorkCity

Happy with 3 points, I wont ask any questions.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Burt

Yes, no and no.

But we got a lucky 3 points, and it made up for the unlucky 3 points we dropped v. Everton.

These things tend to even themselves out over the course of a season.

Basil

The annoying thing about Riise for me is that he plays in Briggs's position and he is the of our home grown youngsters potentially ready for Permiership regular slot and we are playing a 30 something a packet to keep him out of team.

Not really his fault.  and he has not been dire, just not the best use of our wage resources.

Aldo

Quote from: Basil on October 30, 2011, 12:02:20 PM
The annoying thing about Riise for me is that he plays in Briggs's position and he is the of our home grown youngsters potentially ready for Permiership regular slot and we are playing a 30 something a packet to keep him out of team.

Not really his fault.  and he has not been dire, just not the best use of our wage resources.

Of the two I prefer Briggs. Riise does go forwards but not consistently. Too often he hangs back and there are suddenly no options on the wing. Briggs is always happy to run ahead of the winger (or equivalent). Briggs is also, in my humble opinion, the better defender!

JBH

Didn't play that well didn't play that badly, the opposition had more possession and more shots on target.

Fulham won a game 2 - 0 yet another clean sheet gained we collected 3 pts when we needed them and we won away.

If you take time to compare our game yeaterday with Man Utd's at Everton all the stats are pretty simular and yet everyone said that after their defeat last week it was a great response by United.

So take a reality check, get behind the team and stop the effin moaning.

Yes we are not great at the moment but then again neither are Chelsea!!!

Burt

Agree with Mr Basil's point about using Briggs more than we do. Riise is not all bad, but we should be looking to bring Briggs along more than we are at the moment. He has his best days ahead of him, whereas Riise is in the twilight of his career.

MrFantastic

riise stays in defence he is still good there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.