watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dammit

Started by CorkedHat, October 30, 2011, 01:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

I have just realised that I forgot to put my footie tips in for this week. Anybody trust me to do it now - I'll be honest - honest I will! No, I thought not. I had a lot on my mind last week so I guess I'll have to put in a sterling effort from now on in  fp.gif
PS Mind you the way I've been going i would still have probably ended up with 0 take a bow
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

leonffc

Don't worry mate, I forgot last week so that evens it up a bit for our little wager ;-)

leonffc

Only 4 PTS so far this weekend as well so you're still in there with a shout

Burt

I'm doing a real poor job.

Even Lawro is ahead of me.

But I will not give up!!

065.gif

CorkedHat

Quote from: Burt on October 30, 2011, 12:34:42 PM
I'm doing a real poor job.

Even Lawro is ahead of me.

But I will not give up!!

065.gif

No I won't give up Mr Burt. The way I'm going I couldn't tip myself out of bed but I am determined to beat the Hitchin Warlord, if nobody else  :011:

leonffc

Ha ha I was Hitchin warrior before. To reach the ranks of warlord in such a short space of time is quite a feat.

CorkedHat

Quote from: leonffc on October 31, 2011, 08:01:31 AM
Ha ha I was Hitchin warrior before. To reach the ranks of warlord in such a short space of time is quite a feat.

It is a well known fact that a certain firm in Hitchin is planning to invade Stevenage. They covet their Primark, Wetherspoons and in particular a very successful football team. It is also well known that this incursion upon the few civilised people left in that part of Hertfordshire is being planned by Le On a well known Warlord adept in martial arts and unarmed combat. We can only hope that he is a better strategist than he is a football tipper or owl watcher 064.gif

Logicalman

Quote from: CorkedHat on October 31, 2011, 09:48:49 AM
... the few civilised people left in that part of Hertfordshire ...

there are?

CorkedHat

Quote from: Logicalman on October 31, 2011, 10:15:28 AM

there are?

Careful Mr L - I can name four of them. There's my two daughters, grandson, and first wife. Okay - I can name three of them which is three more than you'll find in Hitchin! 086.gif

Logicalman

:011:
Quote from: CorkedHat on October 31, 2011, 10:29:36 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 31, 2011, 10:15:28 AM

there are?

Careful Mr L - I can name four of them. There's my two daughters, grandson, and first wife. Okay - I can name three of them which is three more than you'll find in Hitchin! 086.gif

:011: sweetly put.

GoldCoastWhite

Don't forget to have a flutter on the Melbourne Cup tomorrow - ya silly old coot !  :dead horse:  :048:

HatterDon

All this talk about Hitchin is making me homesick.

Nice little town as I remember, with Canaries playing in the park. I remember a young American who took a train from London to Hitchin and then a cab to RAF Chicksands saying to me, "They certainly do have a lot of flower shops in that town."

You have to be VERY old for that to make you smile.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on October 31, 2011, 02:54:54 PM
All this talk about Hitchin is making me homesick.

Nice little town as I remember, with Canaries playing in the park. I remember a young American who took a train from London to Hitchin and then a cab to RAF Chicksands saying to me, "They certainly do have a lot of flower shops in that town."

You have to be VERY old for that to make you smile.

Oh there's still plenty of flower shops HD but they are being out numbered by coffee shops and hair dressers these days.

I wont rise to your bait Corked Hat but I can inform you that I played football (yes, I'm still at it) in St.Evenage on Saturday and such were the facilities provided I opted not to shower. Vile place - hardly civilisation!! Although I dont doubt that your family are decent inhabitants as I have met one or two myself whilst being out and about.

Vinnieffc

I spent my early years living in Letchworth which was a wonderful place in the mid 60's. went back there a few months ago (as I was working from our Stevenage office) and it's turned really Chavsville. What a pity.  :016:

leonffc

Quote from: Vinnieffc on October 31, 2011, 04:13:37 PM
I spent my early years living in Letchworth which was a wonderful place in the mid 60's. went back there a few months ago (as I was working from our Stevenage office) and it's turned really Chavsville. What a pity.  :016:

Some of the residential areas are still gorgeous. The town itself is terrible. Most shops are boarded up and the pubs are terrible.

HatterDon

I had a good friend who lived in Letchworth Garden City in the early 90s. She lives in Omaha now  :58:

I quite liked the place.

About the "flowers" reference with my friend wondering why there were so many flower shops in Hitchin: In the mid-1960s, I'd say that more than half the tied pubs in Hitchin were tied to Flowers Brewery. So, more than half the pub signs you could see would have FLOWERS in block letters on them

leonffc

[About the "flowers" reference with my friend wondering why there were so many flower shops in Hitchin: In the mid-1960s, I'd say that more than half the tied pubs in Hitchin were tied to Flowers Brewery. So, more than half the pub signs you could see would have FLOWERS in block letters on them

[/quote]

OH you had me there. None are 'Flowers' now (do they still exist?) but ther ARE loads of florists, as I said.

HatterDon

Quote from: leonffc on October 31, 2011, 07:59:48 PM
[About the "flowers" reference with my friend wondering why there were so many flower shops in Hitchin: In the mid-1960s, I'd say that more than half the tied pubs in Hitchin were tied to Flowers Brewery. So, more than half the pub signs you could see would have FLOWERS in block letters on them

OH you had me there. None are 'Flowers' now (do they still exist?) but ther ARE loads of florists, as I said.
[/quote]

I was in London briefly in 1987 and had a pint of Flowers ale in a London pub. It was a "guest" ale. I don't know what happened to the brewery. Their slogan was, naturally, "Pick Flowers."