watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey The Best In England - Jol

Started by White Noise, October 31, 2011, 07:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/fulham-boss-jol-dempsey-good-any-winger-country-2019051?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page

Fulham boss Jol: Dempsey as good as any winger in country

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Mon, 10/31/2011 - 07:06

Fulham boss Martin Jol believes they have the best wide player in the Premier League.

Jol was delighted with USA international Clint Dempsey in victory over Wigan Athletic.

Jol claimed: "There's not another wide player on the left in England who will be more productive than Clint."

Dempsey became the joint-highest scoring American in Premier League history with Brian McBride on 36.

Jack Fulham

MJG

He must be the only wide player who never gets to the byline and makes a cross.

Burt

Jol is prone to exaggeration from time to time.

Not that I want to diss Dempsey, but c'mon....

AlFayedsChequebook

I would argue that he is one of the most underrated players in the league (by non Fulham fans). He is effectively the new Tim Cahill - An attacking midfielder/striker who gets the goals his team needs at crucial times for a mid-table (usually) club.

The difference is that Cahill was always lauded in the press, where as Dempsey is not. Which is probably a good thing for Fulham.

nevzter

Did Jol state this before or after enjoying 7 pints of Leffe?
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

MJG

Quote from: nevzter on October 31, 2011, 05:19:32 PM
Did Jol state this before or after enjoying 7 pints of Leffe?
Same time he said Dembele had a terrific game on Saturday. :hook:

horse1031

he said he will be the most "productive" wideman in the prem...

productive is a lot different than the best.

Holders

There's no doubt we're a lot weaker team without him. He gets stuck in and gets important goals. I was thinking who I'd prefer - Dempsey or Bale then thought what a great team it would be that could field both! No, 'arry, don't get any ideas.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria