Main Menu

Fulham Risk Losing Grygera

Started by White Noise, October 31, 2011, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Grygera given Fulham challenge

By Jacob Murtagh

Oct 31 2011

MARTIN Jol has thrown down the gauntlet to Zdenek Grygera to earn a new deal at Craven Cottage.

The former Juventus defender has been in impressive form for the Whites since his switch to SW6 in the summer.

However, the Fulham full-back only agreed a one-year stay with a further year's option.

And boss Jol has challenged the 31-year-old Czech to keep up his level of performances.

He said: "Grygera has been good from the first game. We have agreements with him, and if he plays a certain role and does well we'll sit down [and talk].

"However, the risk is he could go to another club as well."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/10/31/grygera-given-fulham-challenge-82029-29692073/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1cMArscgj

Mitch

Our best signing this season (Ruiz obviously has more potential once he gets going). Really hope he's here for another year.

MOR :

Been excellent so far and certainly let the Wigan players know we'd be no push overs...

richie17

Quote from: MOR : on October 31, 2011, 11:54:30 AM
Been excellent so far and certainly let the Wigan players know we'd be no push overs...

Good old fashioned tackle to start the game, eh?  Love to see that sort of thing.

Mitch

Quote from: richie17 on October 31, 2011, 11:57:39 AM
Quote from: MOR : on October 31, 2011, 11:54:30 AM

Good old fashioned tackle to start the game, eh?  Love to see that sort of thing.

Thought he was unlucky to get a yellow with that one. It was mis-timed by all of a second. He was brilliant against Chelsea and very solid in the other games. He's the foreign Chris Baird.

Burt

I like him, and hope we can keep him around, if only so we can concentrate on overcoming more pressing issues further up the pitch.

AlFayedsChequebook

Has been a revelation at the back this season, which has surprised me to say the least.

Still feel he has a horror game in his locker, so lets see how many people love him after we lose to Chelsea because of a wayward Grygera back-pass in extra time at home.

cmg

I'd like to add my name to this roll-call of praise for Grygera. A most impressive addition to the squad.

I, actually, thought that he deserved a yellow for Saturday's tackle (he certainly has an 'uncompromising' side to his playing style) but was impressed by the way in he didn't seem to allow it to affect his approach to the remaining 89 minutes.

BillNRoc

The contrast between our fullbacks on Saturday was pretty stark. Arguably, Grygera was getting better help from AJ than Riise got from Dembele or Dempsey. But Grygera's play has to be part of the reason Wigan kept pressing down the opposite side.

aussierod

I'm looking forward to seeing Grygera meeting up with that diving, cheating little Krakow player and showing him what a real challenge is, as opposed to that Dembele shove on the shoulder.
Has anyone else seen Grygera's challenge on Christiano Ronaldo.... Would love nothing else than for that to happen to Nunez on Thursday

Please do not curse on this site even if it is disguised. Thanks....Mods
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

aussierod

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Holders

Good man! I shouldn't worry, I think Jol's just keeping him motivated
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cebu

aussierod

Would love to see Nunez's leg cop the same kind of kick, I'd be happy for someone to take a 3 match suspension in the Europa League for that

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: aussierod on October 31, 2011, 07:14:26 PM
Would love to see Nunez's leg cop the same kind of kick, I'd be happy for someone to take a 3 match suspension in the Europa League for that

As long as we were in the process of smashing them 6-0, putting them truly in their place