Main Menu

Newcastle are beginning to

Started by cutbushcitylimits, October 31, 2011, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutbushcitylimits

Get right up my nose!!!!!!!! :dft007:

ImperialWhite

finnster01

Never had a problem with the Geordies. Always a great away game, especially making it a weekender.
I find their fans friendly and very funny (although I must admit I have no idea at all what they are saying  :005: )
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

They will have a good season, maybe challenge for the Europa League qualification, but no way will they finish in the top 4.

Does their good start now put into perspective the fact we nearly drew/won at St.James's earlier in the season if Krul had not had a tremendous match?

Jimbobob

Quote from: finnster01 on October 31, 2011, 11:21:42 PM
Never had a problem with the Geordies. Always a great away game, especially making it a weekender.
I find their fans friendly and very funny (although I must admit I have no idea at all what they are saying  :005: )

I don't know them by any means but love the kits especially the socks with the stripes.
Have actually met a couple fans that were very nice.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

MrFantastic

white castel has some great burgers but they call then sliders I don't know if newcastel will have better burgers than white castel. I don't think newcastel will be anywhere close to the big four McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy, Subway
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Burt

The Geordie experience has changed a lot.

I remember going there when we won 4-1, and the only things that stopped us receiving a pasting was the disabled people at the bottom of the stand, the fact that Malcolm McDonald was our manager at the time, and all the coppers on duty were Mackems!!

Now its a great away day (weekend). Lively town, top night life, passionate fans, great banter with them.

DukeTyrion

I prefer Newcastle winning the match than that Rugby side Stoke

Abbotsbury White

Never had a problem with the geordies,all credit to them mixing it up near the top having not spent a huge amount and losing some of their so called best players, 2 other reasons to celebrate their win-
Winning took them above CFC
And Pardew is or was reputed to be a Fulham fan..
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

BalDrick

Playing some nice stuff, beating quite possibly my most hated side in the Prem at the moment, and getting goals through a striker who wasn't able to do half as much dressed in claret and blue.

Top fans, though Sunderland's are too (and arguably have had more to put up with over the years). Went there when we beat them 1-0, which all but guaranteed their relegation, but to a man in the pub afterwards they were absolutely fine, all felt (quite rightly) the reason they were going down wasn't because we'd beaten them 1-0 but that they'd been shiite all season.

Oh and I've always liked Pardew, have been suggesting him on various boards as a managerial replacement for almost as long as I've been posting on these boards.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

alfie

Interesting though when we were touting all the names for our manager, Pardew name was not considered good enough for Fulham
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Frankie-Peter Taylor

If Fulham were non existant, I'd probably support Newcastle. Great fan support from an entire area, people from Newcastle are probably the nicest, most welcoming people in England. I am very happy for them to be thriving football wise at the moment, the drama behind Mike Ashley is behind them and they have a great team ethic which is reminiscent of Roy Hodgson's first full season even including the lack of injury worries.

People can say they haven't played any 'hard' games this season but lets be honest, there aren't any in the Premier League. Stoke away is arguably the hardest away game outside of the top 6 and they tactically demolished them and Tim Krul had a fantastic game dealing with the aerial bombardment. Credit where credit is due, they are a great side and Alan Pardew has made some very good signings in Cabaye and Ba.

They've done nothing wrong and they play some good football. I wish them the best of luck for all their games this season (apart from any they play against Fulham obviously).

Rupert

Is this the place to mention that the sole purpose behind breeding Geordies was to provide a buffer against Scots invasions?

Have to agree with the majority, I've had no problems with them, and good luck to them now.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.