News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can anyone identify this Fulham autograph..?

Started by LBNo11, November 04, 2011, 11:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...I don't recognise it, but it is on a shirt with Ivor, Fred Callaghan, George Cohen, Les Strong, and Mullery's signatures. Any ideas, please..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Looks like Jimmy / Tony ...  C

Jimmy Conway ??

Phil Davis

I don't recognise the autograph and it might be quite a challenge to resolve this one. The names you mention are of players who did not all play for Fulham at the same time (Cohen and Davies for example were about 10 years apart). My hunch is that the shirt was signed at a hospitality or promo event which involved ex-players. For example all of the names mentioned have have been involved  as match day hospitality hosts. The complication of that in respect to tying down a name to the signature is that it is not possible to easily identify a season in which all were playing at the same time and use that information to compare script with the names from that seasons players list.

Snibbo

LBNo11

...Hi Phil, yes I am aware of the career time-line differences, and yes it was a corporate event signed shirt, I was just hoping that someone would recognise it on it's own and be able to identify the person who signed.

@ stevehawkinslidingtackle, this does not look remotely like the Jimmy Conway autograph picture I have even accounting for age and current health.

Thanks for the contributions so far, any other input would be much appreciated...

PS: I also thought that it may be Terry Medwin, but this was his signature when playing:- and bears no resemblance to the one in question..

Me-ate-Live, innit??

is the 2nd one Ray Lewington ???.............. ( but I am sure you have checked :) )
I have seen it  before and thought it was quite stylish and didn't look like the name of the person  ( it was on a dabs shirt I think )
so was around in recent years ...

The 1st looks like  Barry Irvine  ................ Get Coat gif??????????

jarv

Ray Evans? But there has never been any mention of his name linked to Fulham since he left/retired.

Phil Davis

KCat....there is only one autograph visible on the picture. The first line reads 'Best Wishes', the 2nd line is the name.

WhiteJC

CorkedHat

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

CorkedHat

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

Years ago a mate of mine had been to see Fulham play Plymouth and we stopped in this pub in Devon on the way home.
The barman was a small little bloke, just over five feet, bald and wore glasses. He was telling us that the cops had tried to get him done for receiving stolen property but the beak threw out their case. Ever since, the cops were on to him for anything they could think of. The best was when they arrested him and took him down to the nick. He said, "What have I done now?" The walloper threw him a cell and said, "We have reason to believe that you are the escaped alleged murderer, Lord Lucan."
The fact that Lord Lucan was three times this bloke's size made no difference.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

For what it's worth, the landlord of the Duke of Cumberland in Ivybridge (Devon) used to play for Notts County around the same time as we were both in the 2nd/3rd Divisions. He's got a lot of old photos on the wall, a nice bloke and worth a chat to if you're down that way.

Quote from: CorkedHat on November 06, 2011, 01:41:21 AM
Years ago a mate of mine had been to see Fulham play Plymouth and we stopped in this pub in Devon on the way home.
The barman was a small little bloke, just over five feet, bald and wore glasses. He was telling us that the cops had tried to get him done for receiving stolen property but the beak threw out their case. Ever since, the cops were on to him for anything they could think of. The best was when they arrested him and took him down to the nick. He said, “What have I done now?” The walloper threw him a cell and said, “We have reason to believe that you are the escaped alleged murderer, Lord Lucan.”
The fact that Lord Lucan was three times this bloke’s size made no difference.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

White Noise

I sent the link to Terry Angus on Twitter and he has just replied -

@terryturton Terry Angus

@WhiteNoise1879 my Sig not there unknown looks like Tony Cummins or something like that

LBNo11

Quote from: White Noise on November 07, 2011, 10:07:40 PM
I sent the link to Terry Angus on Twitter and he has just replied -

@terryturton Terry Angus

@WhiteNoise1879 my Sig not there unknown looks like Tony Cummins or something like that

...I have Terry's autograph and know it isn't his, but thanks for checking WN. The more I look at it, and where the first name pen stroke starts the more it looks like 'Ray' something, and I can see what Terry means with the Cummins, but I am still stumped..!

PS: What sort of name is Cummins anyway, what do you reckon WhiteJC.. :wink:

ron

I'd go with Ray Lewington. The dot for the "i" is there before the upstroke for the "t".

ron

Quote from: CorkedHat on November 06, 2011, 01:41:21 AM
The barman was a small little bloke, just over five feet, bald and wore glasses. He was telling us that the cops had tried to get him done for receiving stolen property but the beak threw out their case. Ever since, the cops were on to him for anything they could think of. The best was when they arrested him and took him down to the nick. He said, "What have I done now?" The walloper threw him a cell and said, "We have reason to believe that you are the escaped alleged murderer, Lord Lucan."
The fact that Lord Lucan was three times this bloke's size made no difference.

...perhaps they had a lead that said Lord Lucan had hidden out in three different places.. :032:? Just an idea.

LBNo11

Quote from: ron on November 07, 2011, 10:46:22 PM
I'd go with Ray Lewington. The dot for the "i" is there before the upstroke for the "t".

...alas Ron according to the internet, this is RayLews autograph:-