https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ten Years After

Started by White Noise, November 05, 2011, 12:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

White Noise

nevzter

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

ScalleysDad

Quote from: nevzter on November 05, 2011, 04:39:55 PM
Quote from: White Noise on November 05, 2011, 12:05:07 PM
Nice piece from 442 from November 2001 -

http://www.chrishunt.biz/features20.html

That was a great read - thank you

Much less angst about the place was'nt there. We hear about a 'team spirit' and of how close this squad is but somehow I doubt it comes close to the squad back in the day. Overall though I still think we retain that special aura that gives us the edge over the rest of the planet.

BalDrick

Much like the ecstasy of Gera's semi-final winner, standing at Huddersfield singing Ooh Aah Tigana (and seeing the man visibly moved) is a memory I'll take to the grave with me. Filling up just remembering it.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

One thing i really like under Tigana was the no blame culture we had in the team.
If a player made a mistake or tried a pass that did not work..that was ok as long as you made up for it.
It was almost Barcelona style, if you watch them you never see players moaning they never got the ball because a player choose another option.

The difference now is the fact that after ten years money talks and its the be all end all.That's where the pressure to not fail comes from.

HatterDon

Brilliant article; thanks. I try to read everything I can about the side, but I'd missed this completely.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Shame Tigana and the club parted under such poor circumstances, he did so much for our club.