watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Fulham FC Power List

Started by White Noise, November 05, 2011, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Who do you think are the most important and influential people to Fulham on and off the pitch. (Please note this is a bit of fun and I am not trying to offend anyone. Its a work in progress and I'm sure there are plenty of people I have left out by mistake - do let me know. Happy to bin it if its deemed a truly rubbish idea)

Here's my list -

1) Mohamed Al Fayed - Chairman - Took on the club in May 1997 and has revolutionised it from top to bottom while investing the thick end of £200 million. Has always been very hands on and the vision is still ultimately his.
2) Alistair Mackintosh - CEO - Replaced David McNally as Chief Executive in Summer 2008 from Man City.
3) Martin Jol - Manager since June 2011
4) Danny Murphy - Captain since September 2007. Very influential on the pitch and in the dressing room.
5) Huw Jennings - Academy Director - Joined in January 2009 after having built one of the best youth set-ups in England at Southampton, where he developed talents like Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale, and worked as Youth Development Manager at the FA Premier League. His strategy at Fulham has seen the acquisition of many of the best youngsters in Europe and saw the side reach The 2010/11 Academy League Final.
6) Bobby Zamora - The fulcrum for a lot of Fulham's best work and we always play better with him in the side. On his day he is untouchable.
7) Clint Dempsey - Fulham's longest serving current player, having joined in January 2007. A key player on the field he is a marketing mans dream off it. The closest thing Fulham have to a poster boy, he sells more FFC shirts than any other player and drives considerable supporter interest from the USA.
8) Malcolm Elias - Head of Talent ID and Recruitment - Joined in the Summer of 2009 having been man behind the construction of the much praised youth set up as Liverpool FC Academy Director.
9) Michael Lindeman - Head Coach - Has worked with Jol at both Ajax and Hamburg and is known for his meticulous approach to player preparation, with a heavy focus on advanced physical and physiological methods.
10) Mark Schwarzer - Joined in June 2008 and has been a big part in Fulham's remarkably successful defence. Still one of the best keepers in the world and totem for Fulham's Australian support
11) Aaron Hughes - Danny Murphy's right hand man on the field of play and a crucial part of the teams equilibrium on and off the field.
12) Omar Fayed - 24 year old youngest son of the Chairman. He was being groomed to take over at Harrords and is the more high profile of the two sons on the board. Looks the more likely to take over when his father steps down.
13) Kit Symons - Academy Manager
14) Jefta Bresser - First Team technical Coach - Worked with Jol at PSV and is entrusted with improving the technical abilities of the first team squad.
15) Cornelis Jol - Football Operations Manager
16) Ray Lewington - Academy Technical Director
17) Billy McKinlay - Reserve Team Manager
18) Mark Taylor – Head of Sports Medicine and Exercise Science
19) Brede Hangeland - One of the most influential players at Fulham and the PFA's union rep in the dressing room. A huge part of the club's recent success he has clocked up over 170 appearnaces since being one of Hodgsons first signings in January 2008.
20) Roy Hodgson - Former Manager - Left the club at the end of June 2010 but his fingerprints and philosophy are still all over the club after joining in January 2008. A month before leaving he was named LMA manager of the year - an award no-one ever thought would find its way to Fulham. His influence can still be seen in the players he left behind, his footballing philosophy and his vision for the academy.
21) Matthew Briggs - The best of Fulham's young homegrown players and an U-21 England international. Seen by many as potential future Fulham Captain.
22) David Fellowes - Head Groundsman
23) Mark Maunders - Player Liaison Manager - The Mr Fix-It for the players and their families and one of the longest serving members of staff.
24) Karim Fayed - Non-Executive Director - The older of the two brothers on the board but a more private and reserved individual than his brother and less likely to take on the reins at Fulham.
25) Mark Collins - The most influential Non-Executive Director on the board and part of the team that worked with the Chairman to acquire the club. Is a member of the FA Council, FA Referees' Committee, and Chairman of the FA Challenge Cup Committee.
26) David Stockdale - A popular player with quality many believe will see him as a future Fulham and England No.1
27) Scott Miller - First Team Fitness Coach
28) Dennis Turner - Non-Executive Director - Leading chronicler of Fulham's history and now a member of the board.
29) 'Gentleman' Jim McGullion - Fulham's matchday commentator, the voice of Fulham for so many supporters around the world and a vital link for exiles and international fans alike.
30) Richard Allen - The coming man of Fulham journalism and behind influential publications like 'Craven Cottage Newsround', 'The Fulham Review' and 'When Football Was Football:Fulham'
31) George Cohen - Fulham's World Cup winning hero, one of the clubs greatest ever players and a modern day Ambassador. Epitomises all that is finest and best about the club.
32) Sarah Brookes - Communications Director - The media face of Fulham and a deft exponent of the communications craft
33) David Lloyd - TOOFIF - Editor and Owner of this award winning Fulham fanzine that has kept its quality and freshness as the voice of the supporters over almost 25 years
34) Neil Townsend - Fulham Supporters Club
35) Joanna Taylor - Wife of Club Captain Danny Murphy - Subtly utilising Twitter, along with other wives and partners like Paloma Schwarzer, Sam Hughes and Katie Stockdale, to make an important bond with supporters to rebuild some of the lost connection between fans and players
36) Jacob Murtagh - Chief writer about all things Fulham FC at the club's local paper - the Fulham Chronicle. Writes more about Fulham than any other journalist.
37) Dave Kidd - Chief Sports Writer at 'The People' newspaper and lifelong Fulham supporter. Breaks many of the biggest and most controversial Fulham stories and gives the club a much higher profile than it would otherwise have in such a mass market newspaper.
38) Sandra Coles - Ticket Office Manager
39) Hugh Grant - The most high profile Fulham supporter in the world. Former assistant groundsman at Fulham and long standing ST holder he is Fulham to the core.
40) Lily Allen - Fulham supporting daughter of a Fulham supporting actor father. Formerly a very successful singer, now trying her hand at other things.
41) Example - One of this country's most successful current musicians and Fulham born and bred. Has a huge fan base and is still to be seen at The Cottage fairly regularly.
42) Tommy Guthrie - Supporter Relations Manager
43) Ann Carroll - Landlady - Golden Lion public house - The Grand Dame of Fulham's most used match day watering hole
44) Hans Segers - Goalkeeper Coach

MJG

White Noise

Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2011, 03:59:45 PM
Quiet afternoon I see.

What are you gonna do with all this rain about?

MJG

Danny Fullbrook, football writer for the Star (if they have writers)

MJG

Quote from: White Noise on November 05, 2011, 04:02:49 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2011, 03:59:45 PM
Quiet afternoon I see.

What are you gonna do with all this rain about?
No rain at moment in overcast Tolworth.

White Noise

Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2011, 04:03:49 PM

Doesn't often write about Fulham though so don't know how much impact he has on the club.

MJG

Quote from: White Noise on November 05, 2011, 04:07:52 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2011, 04:03:49 PM

Doesn't often write about Fulham though so don't know how much impact he has on the club.

Always mentions us on Sunday Supplement, so raises the profile to the two men and a dog who watch the programme.
But I get the point of the game.
Mark Pembridge I think is still at the club and (think) works with the under 12 or 13's.  And of course Ivor does his match day stuff.

The Enclosurite

Surely Diddy Dave should be in there somewhere?
¡COYW!

MJG

Don't forget FOF and its many contributors. We know the club reads the boards and this being the best one.

White Noise

Fair point on Danny on Sunday Supplement. Don't know how influential Pembo is though. Rufus trains at a similar level but I may include him because he does football commentary on Fulham games quite a lot and is very pro-Fulham on social networks and in the media.

Diddy David is a good call. He is an intrinsic part of the 'Matchday Experience' I guess.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: White Noise on November 05, 2011, 04:21:10 PM
Fair point on Danny on Sunday Supplement. Don't know how influential Pembo is though. Rufus trains at a similar level but I may include him because he does football commentary on Fulham games quite a lot and is very pro-Fulham on social networks and in the media.

Diddy David is a good call. He is an intrinsic part of the 'Matchday Experience' I guess.
Pempo's a bit of a naughty boy  :033:

FC Silver Fox

5.   Mike Benedetto   Fulham brand manager.    co-founder of Fulham USA and hard-working member of the Fulham marketing staff.  Definite power player in the set up.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Motown

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on November 05, 2011, 05:11:51 PM
5.   Mike Benedetto   Fulham brand manager.    co-founder of Fulham USA and hard-working member of the Fulham marketing staff.  Definite power player in the set up.
Don't think so - yet. Certain obstacles he needs to skirt, but he could be on the way. (Obviously, my view is not influenced by family or cheese) ...

YankeeJim

While you took the time to compile this, you left me off. I'm disappointed in you.  :002:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

SouthfieldWhite

I'm truly truly honoured to be on your list White Noise, as I rarely make any list :-(
and being on top of Joanna Taylor is nice ;-)
I'm sure there are many many others who deserve to be on this list more than me, but I'm still honoured, one of the best things I've helped to do was to get the Johnny Haynes statue up and running, but a special mention to our very own Lb11 who put alot of work and time into the project along with a few others

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ron

How about Chinner?

...James Hill esq. has had his moments that we should all be thankful for.

White Noise

Quote from: ron on November 05, 2011, 11:54:02 PM
How about Chinner?

...James Hill esq. has had his moments that we should all be thankful for.

Agreed but my intention was people who have an impact on the club in the here and now.

zzamora

:bump:

Anyone got any new ideas on this?

Burt

We can take Zamora off for starters!