watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When you are born matters in your chances of playing for Fulham

Started by FC Silver Fox, November 05, 2011, 04:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

The Institute for Fiscal Studies recently issued a report looking at the impact of the date of birth on child cognitive outcomes (to thickies like me, that means how well you are likely to perform academically). It's a wet Saturday here so I wondered what would be your chances of playing, or having played, for Fulham simply based on the month you were born?
 To evaluate this, I took the 116 Fulham players who, over the past 50 years or so, generally made more than 100 appearances for Fulham. Between them, they played 22213 times for the Whites. I say "generally" because, just to make Corked Hat splutter and rant, I did include Reg Stratton  (21 appearances).

If you were born in February, March, April or December you have (or had) only a lower than average chance of pulling on the Fulham shirt. However, if you were born in June, October or November, you have (or had) a great chance of running out of the Cottage to the roar of the crowd.  October is by far the best month if you fancy a Fulham career. Below is the month by month profile.

% players : is the % number of  Fulham players born in that month.  (8% should be about average)
Apps :  is the total number of  appearances for the players born in that month.
I've then listed some of the illustrious Fulham players born in that month. (apologies if your favourite player is missed out.)

%    Apps  Players
January   8%     1392    Arthur Stevens, John Collins, Steed, Moritz Volz, Bobby Zamora
February 4%     1518    Jimmy Langley, Tony Macedo, Bobby Robson, Barry Lloyd, Chris Baird
March   5%     1034    John Mitchell, Kit Symons, Clint Dempsey, Danny Murphy
April     4%       793    Steve Finnan, Bobby Moore, Paul Parker, Zoltan Gera
May     9%   1549    Roy Bentley, George Best, Barry Hayles,, Pesch, Carlos  Bocanegra
June     10%   1743    Graham Leggat, Cookie, Brian McBride, Breda Hangeland
July     8%     1779   Tosh Chamberlain, Jimmy Hill Reg Stratton, Les Strong, Allan Clarke
August 9%     2361   Jimmy Conway, Gordon Davies, Dead Snake, Louis Saha
September 9%   2268    Joe Bacuzzi, Morgs, Rufus, Ray Lew, Gary Brazil
October 18%   4514    the Maestro, Bedford Jezzard, Rodney Marsh, Edwin VDS, Leggy, Lee Clark, Andy Cole, Les Barrett, Simon Davies, Mark Schwarzer
November   10%   2262    Steve Earle, the Horse, Alan Mullery, Aaron Hughes
December 5%   1090    Roger Brown, Maurice Cook, Fred Callaghan, Kevin Lock

(put it in a table ;-) WhiteJC
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

MJG

Excellent piece of work and as November boy who is now  44 do i still have a chance?

On another subject with this and the other rain induced thread...should we all get a life?
;-)

BalDrick

You could have added Kyle Lightbourne (though only because he and I share a birthday).

How about by star sign then? (Just how much time do you have on your hands?)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2011, 04:55:15 PM
Excellent piece of work and as November boy who is now  44 do i still have a chance?

On another subject with this and the other rain induced thread...should we all get a life?
;-)

Yep and yep. Don't see why you couldn't play at 44. You're about the combined ages of Briggs and Dembele, so if you can play as well as those 2 put together, get yer boots on, son, you're on.

P.S Thanks JC. That looks far better.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.