watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR match was 'Biggest test for Man City so far'

Started by Scrumpy, November 05, 2011, 10:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

I usually don't buy into this 'media bias' claim that some people have, but I could not believe the ESPN commentary earlier when they repeatedly said that plucky QPR had given City their sternest test so far this season.

So that would be the team that still lost to City 3-2, not the team from by the river that held them to a draw a few weeks ago.  bang head

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LBNo11

...we should adopt a variation on the famous Millwall chant "no-one likes us, we don't care" to "No-one rates us - We don't care".

It happens constantly, on the Beeb and ITV and no doubt on murdoch's brainwash media outlets, it is almost a badge of honour, even MrsNo11 notices we don't get mentions..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimbobob

:023: :023: :023:
I felt the same way duing the close of the transfer window on Sky Sports shown here in the states.
They had a reporter at QPR with all those scaring looking creatures they call fans.
I wondered why were they getting so much attention??? Made no sense to me at all at the time.
God I do remember they had some shall I say scaring looking fans.....yuck.... :026:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

WhiteJC

how many teams have taken any points off man city this season?

oh, that should read "team"  :dft012:

SKSW6

Basically we aren't one of the big clubs and we aren't a promoted club. We're a consistently mid table club, and a relatively poorly supported one numbers wise, so we're not very "sell-able", so to speak, to the media's audiences, so we don't get the same amount of coverage some other teams do. If we looked at this from an unbiased point of view, we'd probably find we get around the same coverage as Bolton, Blackburn, Villa, Sunderland, Wigan, West Brom etc.

Peabody

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 06, 2011, 09:45:50 AM
how many teams have taken any points off man city this season?

oh, that should read "team"  :dft012:

I know the answer to that question, it's Martin Jol's team, isn't it?

Peabody

Quote from: SKSW6 on November 06, 2011, 10:13:14 AM
Basically we aren't one of the big clubs and we aren't a promoted club. We're a consistently mid table club, and a relatively poorly supported one numbers wise, so we're not very "sell-able", so to speak, to the media's audiences, so we don't get the same amount of coverage some other teams do. If we looked at this from an unbiased point of view, we'd probably find we get around the same coverage as Bolton, Blackburn, Villa, Sunderland, Wigan, West Brom etc.

So, are you saying that QPR are bigger than us?

SKSW6

Quote from: Peabody on November 06, 2011, 10:15:57 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on November 06, 2011, 10:13:14 AM

So, are you saying that QPR are bigger than us?

No, they're a promoted club.

Berserker

I think it works in our favour, when we don't do well or Zamora fights with Jol at the training ground it's not splashed across the media.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Its a strange position to be in. Commenators often wax lyrical of how they love being by the river, the atmosphere, the football la de dah. Actually Colin Murray mentioned it last week. There is a Citeh fan on the staff and he does put in the mileage. Say it quietly but the game at the Cottage was the best game he had seen before the Old Trafford trouncing. Many of the people I know down these parts have adopted Fulham as their second team and the non footie fans, the oval ball types, often ask how things are going. Some suppliers even ring after a good result hoping to find me in an uber generous mood. If I could get twenty tickets and sort the train out there could quite easily be a "mission" to one of the lesser/cat C games from Exeter.
I would'nt worry about elements of the media. We are who we are and we are the mighty whites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!