watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Best Performance Of The Season

Started by White Noise, November 06, 2011, 06:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Yes i thought it was very telling what Zamora said when he was interviewed on the subject of playing for England. It sounded as if he realised he was off form and could explain his moodiness and fall outs with Jol. I personnally don't think his been right since his broken leg injury. Hence we need a good striker come Jan window
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

The free kick from Bobby in the first half pretty much summed up how he is playing/feeling at the moment. How high was it?

White Noise

From Twitter -

@PhilippeAuclair Philippe Auclair

Guardian chalkboards stats on Fulham-Spurs game defy belief. Fulham had 32 shots on goal. That is: thirty-two.

MJG

Quote from: White Noise on November 06, 2011, 11:02:45 PM
From Twitter -

@PhilippeAuclair Philippe Auclair

Guardian chalkboards stats on Fulham-Spurs game defy belief. Fulham had 32 shots on goal. That is: thirty-two.

Somebody needs to find time to break them down into who had the shots and why none of them went in.  I'll leave that for others.

Jack Fulham

Completely agree. Got no worries with Jol or this season.

Onwards and upwards.

COYW

MrFantastic

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 06, 2011, 08:01:11 PM
Quote from: MrFantastic on November 06, 2011, 07:54:11 PM
well no points so that is all I have to say for this game there
Perhaps we should be relegated with Wigan then?

Good performances don't make you stay in EPL we need points so who cares about how well we played when we conceded 3 goals at home how good of performance can it be. We are good enough not to get relegated but that is it maybe 15th at the end of this season
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

richie17

None of our shots went in because none (few) of them were clean shots because we played in front of spurs, because they were 2-0 ahead and kept men behind the ball.

2-0 down seems to be the easiest time to play well doesn't it?  I think the performance is misleading because of that.  Not especially impressed.

SG

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 06, 2011, 06:20:10 PM
A good second half but other than second half against City and the QPR game what is there to compare it too?

A good second half in a season of poor performances
FFS give the team and the club some credit. You moan when we win playing badly and moan when we lose playing well. I guess at some stage this season we will win when playing well but then there will be something else to complain about.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: richie17 on November 07, 2011, 08:11:30 AM
None of our shots went in because none (few) of them were clean shots because we played in front of spurs, because they were 2-0 ahead and kept men behind the ball.

2-0 down seems to be the easiest time to play well doesn't it?  I think the performance is misleading because of that.  Not especially impressed.

Think you are being way too critical.

Better to play at 2-0 down than give up no?

We deserved to get something but couldnt put the ball in the net. Had we got the equaliser, no one on here would be complaining. We had several attempts cleared off the line too.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: SG on November 07, 2011, 08:23:04 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 06, 2011, 06:20:10 PM
A good second half but other than second half against City and the QPR game what is there to compare it too?

A good second half in a season of poor performances
FFS give the team and the club some credit. You moan when we win playing badly and moan when we lose playing well. I guess at some stage this season we will win when playing well but then there will be something else to complain about.

Namely martin jol

Rupert

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 07, 2011, 04:35:07 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 06, 2011, 08:01:11 PM
Quote from: MrFantastic on November 06, 2011, 07:54:11 PM
well no points so that is all I have to say for this game there
Perhaps we should be relegated with Wigan then?

Good performances don't make you stay in EPL we need points so who cares about how well we played when we conceded 3 goals at home how good of performance can it be. We are good enough not to get relegated but that is it maybe 15th at the end of this season

Maybe 15th at the end of the season means we avoid relgation, so I would be satisfied by that, if a little disappointed that we didn't manage something a little more comfortable.
How good could the performance be? Didn't you watch the game? A superb match, I bet the Sky lot were drooling over it, the wrong result from our point of view, and definately not what we deserved against one of the current form teams. Spuds have always enjoyed outrageous luck against us, from last season's offside goal to back in the early eighties when we lost 1-0 at their place in the cup, we were two divisions below them but spent the whole second half bombarding their goal. It led a charmed life back then, too. Highlight (or lowlight) was Dean Coney going past Clemence, who then grabbed his boot. Sadly, Dixie didn't have the foresight to go down for the penalty, but wrenched his boot free and hit the ball, but by then Ardilles was back on the line to clear it.

One of the joys of supporting this wonderful old club is the hope that one day, in some distant future, the luck will turn our way for a season. Mind you, we'd still come second on goal difference, or something.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.