more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Best Performance Of The Season

Started by White Noise, November 06, 2011, 06:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Lighthouse

A good second half but other than second half against City and the QPR game what is there to compare it too?

A good second half in a season of poor performances
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Porkopolis

Easily. Shame about the result but this squad will go on a tear if they continue to play like this. And they better because we are living nearer the bottom than the top.

ImperialWhite

This is what Jol's Fulham look like.

Pity he's an unlocky sod.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 06, 2011, 06:20:10 PM
A good second half but other than second half against City and the QPR game what is there to compare it too?

just give the guys a bit of credit for a fantastic effort, ok the result went against us but boy they could not have done much more.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bilet

Agreed. The midfield with Murphy and Sidwell were brilliant. Dembele and Dempsey holding up great. Riise need to sort his play out though. Would like to see Briggs take his place just as a statement of competition.

LordNelson

Absolutely!  I hope Riise doesn't turn out to be a bust.  He looked old today.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on November 06, 2011, 06:38:08 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 06, 2011, 06:20:10 PM

just give the guys a bit of credit for a fantastic effort, ok the result went against us but boy they could not have done much more.

Well we didn't score and we had a first half where by we allowed then far too much room and time and were slow going forward. We have an own goal to show for all that effort in the second half. Before today we have looked good in three and half games if you include all the bits of half and the Europa games along with the Prem. So give credit for 45 minutes where we didn't score but also be aware of everything that has gone before.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

zzamora

We had great performances from:

Schwarzer

Grygera-Kelly-Hangeland

Dembele-Duff-Ruiz-Murphy-Sidwell

Dempsey.

Zamora Riise Baird Etuhu (even only with 5 mins!) looked out of sorts.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: zzamora on November 06, 2011, 06:55:41 PM
We had great performances from:

Schwarzer

Grygera-Kelly-Hangeland

Dembele-Duff-Ruiz-Murphy-Sidwell

Dempsey.

Zamora Riise Baird Etuhu (even only with 5 mins!) looked out of sorts.

FFS ETUHU WAS FINE WHEN HE CAME ON, WE STILL LOOKED DANGEROUS GOING FORWARD

THE WITCHUNT HAS TO STOP

BalDrick

Thought Riise was poor and BZ wasn't really at the races. He's now at the other extremity his play swings between.

Gave the ball away too much 1st half, 2nd absolutely best I've seen for ages. Our luck will turn, it always does. What goes round etc
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Laughing Spam Fritter

Moussa really shone today. The goal last week seems to have helped with his confidence. Really put in a good performance, covering back and creating opportunities.

MrFantastic

well no points so that is all I have to say for this game there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 06, 2011, 07:54:11 PM
well no points so that is all I have to say for this game there
Perhaps we should be relegated with Wigan then?

Porkopolis

Quote from: AlFayedsCheque/quote]

THE WITCHUNT HAS TO STOP

Seriously? Etuhu looked completely lost and had one amazingly horrible touch that lost possession at a critical point. I want all of our players to do well but pretending it was so doesn't make it so.

Aldo

Quote from: Porkopolis on November 06, 2011, 09:08:20 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsCheque/quote]

THE WITCHUNT HAS TO STOP

Seriously? Etuhu looked completely lost and had one amazingly horrible touch that lost possession at a critical point. I want all of our players to do well but pretending it was so doesn't make it so.

Another air shot too!

HatterDon

I loved our intensity and cohesion today. I loved our linking play. I loved how Duff and Dembele tackled back so brilliantly.

Now, can we have some of what we saw today and agains City against the Blackburns, Boltons, Wolves, Swanseas, Norwichs, etc. etc? It does us no good to "raise our game" and drop points against the quality sides if we don't "raise our game" against our table neighbors.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on November 06, 2011, 09:56:41 PM
I loved our intensity and cohesion today. I loved our linking play. I loved how Duff and Dembele tackled back so brilliantly.

Now, can we have some of what we saw today and agains City against the Blackburns, Boltons, Wolves, Swanseas, Norwichs, etc. etc? It does us no good to "raise our game" and drop points against the quality sides if we don't "raise our game" against our table neighbors.
A very good point (or three). If we could beat the teams we should do then we'd be riding high,but then we have to lose to Citeh, United and the blue filth. Funny old game. I'll take the odd win against the big team and a few loses and draws against the (lower) teams.

RidgeRider

Quote from: BalDrick on November 06, 2011, 07:03:58 PM
..... and BZ wasn't really at the races. He's now at the other extremity his play swings between.

Gave the ball away too much 1st half, 2nd absolutely best I've seen for ages. Our luck will turn, it always does. What goes round etc

Agreed on BZ and was thinking the same about him at about the first third in the second half. He is still useful and did some holdup for us but he seems a little out of sorts, my guess he is lacking some confidence as the goals are not coming right now for him. Hope he sorts himself out because he is as important to us as a goal scorer as he is to creating chances with his hold up play and passing.