watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

penalty?

Started by alfie, November 06, 2011, 06:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

can someone tell me when it became ok to lay in the 6 yard box holding the ball between your arms.

I guess it is possible the ref could not see it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Walsh

do what the champions league do and put ref's behind the net until they decide to put touchline technology into the game.

alfie

Quote from: Walsh on November 06, 2011, 06:50:14 PM
do what the champions league do and put ref's behind the net until they decide to put touchline technology into the game.

Good idea, except that we have that in Europa and as far as i can see they don't exactly do much to help the ref either.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

zzamora

Kyle Walker-Englands Number 1

leonffc

On the other hand though, Sidwells barge in the back of Parker could have been given so can't complain too much.

Walsh

Quote from: alfie on November 06, 2011, 06:52:06 PM
Quote from: Walsh on November 06, 2011, 06:50:14 PM

Good idea, except that we have that in Europa and as far as i can see they don't exactly do much to help the ref either.

surely you could train them to actually say something rather than having a front row view on the game.

cebu

Quote from: zzamora on November 06, 2011, 06:53:59 PM
Kyle Walker-Englands Number 1

He holds onto the ball better than Hart!   :038:

leonffc

I suppose if someone takes a massive swing at the ball the ref has two choices to make 1) walkers arm is bust - it must be a pen.
2) allow the ambulance men on. Walker deserves / needs urgent medical attention. That's him out for 5 months!!

FatFreddysCat

Possibly the most blatent pen this season, but we are a Wigan like club (just for Mr fantastic) so we wont get them.

Basil

As fantastic as we were today, I would have rated it less than 50/50 that Bobby/Clint would have scored the penalty, it was one of those days.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: leonffc on November 06, 2011, 06:57:45 PM
On the other hand though, Sidwells barge in the back of Parker could have been given so can't complain too much.

But that was outside the area.
¡COYW!

MJG

Quote from: The Enclosurite on November 06, 2011, 10:59:15 PM

But that was outside the area.
Not so sure of that, just saw it on MOTD2 and think we were very lucky it was not given. If it was say murphy who was pushed over like that and we never got a penalty we would have been fuming

White Noise

Meanwhile, Dickson Etuhu bemoaned referee Peter Walton's decision not to award Fulham a last-gasp penalty after Kyle Walker handled in the box.

'I was right there and he handled it, the ref knows,' said Etuhu. 'I had a word with him and he said, "Listen I didn't see it and if it was a handball then I'm sorry".'

His manager echoed those thoughts.

'I felt we were a bit hard done by in the penalty situation. It was a penalty,' said Jol.

'We deserved at least a point,' said Jol. 'I won't say we played them off the park because they're too good a team, but we played well and put them under pressure

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2058363/Fulham-anger-Kyle-Walker-handball.html#ixzz1cyAIu0I9

RidgeRider

Walker smothered the ball like it was a fumble in the NFL. Blatant and should have been a penalty. We were hard done by.

Mr Fulham

that was a clear red card IMHO

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 07, 2011, 12:19:53 AM
that was a clear red card IMHO

On what grounds? He certainly wasn't the last man.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

MrWhite

it looked intentional to me...

epsomraver

Quote from: MrWhite on November 07, 2011, 12:19:04 PM
No matter it happened outside the box!! it was a collision, we are not playing non contact just yet.

finnster01

Sidwell doing something illegal?  :011:
He is hardly our version of Ian Callaghan (857 appearances for Liverpool and only 1 yellow card) now is he?  :005:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

horse1031

Quote from: epsomraver on November 07, 2011, 02:41:43 PM
Quote from: MrWhite on November 07, 2011, 12:19:04 PM
No matter it happened outside the box!! it was a collision, we are not playing non contact just yet.

it was just out of the box.  he would not have given a penalty for that.  it should have been a free kick on the edge of it though.