more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm proud of you Fulham

Started by FatFreddysCat, November 06, 2011, 07:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: jarv on November 06, 2011, 08:35:53 PM
Just got in, my heart sank when I read the score but reading this makes it a bit better, but not much.

The rerun is on tv late, I will watch if I can stay awake.

Starting with the Wugan game, I thought we will be lucky to get 6 points from next 6 games. We got 3 last week, still feel 6 is probably the maximum. Sorry to be negative but that will likely put Fulham in the bottom 3.  Oh dear!   090.gif
That was a top eight performance, we got the the luck at Wigan, we was proper mugged here. Stay awake, we was superb.

Aldo

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 06, 2011, 08:51:15 PM
Just got in, my heart sank when I read the score but reading this makes it a bit better, but not much.

Starting with the Wugan game, I thought we will be lucky to get 6 points from next 6 games. We got 3 last week, still feel 6 is probably the maximum. Sorry to be negative but that will likely put Fulham in the bottom 3.  Oh dear!   090.gif
That was a top eight performance, we got the the luck at Wigan, we was proper mugged here. Stay awake, we was superb.

Assuming they actually show the full picture fred and not just the Spurs highlights (brief as they are)!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Aldo on November 06, 2011, 08:56:49 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 06, 2011, 08:51:15 PM

Assuming they actually show the full picture fred and not just the Spurs highlights (brief as they are)!
True, that. show the goals and a few select highlights and Spurs are the best team in the World, but if you get to see the full game (we was the better team first half, but leight weight, 2nd half we made  them look conferance standard, but same old story, we just cant finish).

FatFreddysCat

Ok they didn't look conferance standard, you could always see them having the class to hit us with a third, which they did  fp.gif , but we was far the better team. In Jol i trust and COYWS.

Scrumpy

I can't remember being this reassured after a defeat. At last, we're beginning to play consistently how Jol wants us to. I can now see what he's been aiming at and if we play that way for all remaining matches then we will surely finish at least mid-table or better.

It's hard to be objective after a game like that, but wasn't that the kind of football you could watch for ever? Some of the attacking pass and movement was exceptional. Imagine playing like Stoke week in and week out, and then the results drying up. Then you really do have nothing.

We outplayed Spurs for most of the game. Jol is getting the best out of Dembele. Ruiz looks like he really is quality.  Brede and Baird were immense. Kelly is playing well at full back. We're a joy to watch. We have a transfer window in January to tinker with any problem areas.

We'll be fine. :048:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

VicHalomsLovechild

Good post Fred, agree with Scrumpy. Don't blame Dickson he came on cos Danny was carrying a knock from Thursday. Everybody did the best they could. Players, fans, everyone. Best performance I've seen from a losing Fulham team. Bodes well for the future. I can't believe the players won't believe they really are a quality side who can beat anybody if they choose to. Really feel sorry for them. Thought the effort was great and the third goal was a really underserved kick in the teeth.

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

HatterDon

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 06, 2011, 07:53:14 PM
if we had pants still this wouldn't happen we need pants

Well, we all had pants today. As I understand it, however, the problem is that the pants in question are white and not black. Otherwise, we'd be in the top 6.

Oh, and because of the manager and Etuhu.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 06, 2011, 07:57:45 PM
Quote from: MrFantastic on November 06, 2011, 07:53:14 PM
if we had pants still this wouldn't happen we need pants
He'd have scored five oggies  :035: . Loved him to bits, but we move on. I'm actually loving Kelly right now, he seems to be doing a Baird.

Agreed. Every time I really start to watch him he seems to do a good job. I almost wanted to start a thread on him to have people remind me why he has been so slagged off in the past.

Berserker

Yep sort out the striker issue in Jan and we'll be cooking on gas
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

Freddy, I will do my best to stay awake. Also, I am in America so it is the whole game shown again.

Off to darts match soon. If I get drawn with a good partner and win some money, will put me in a good mood before watching the game. Sunday night is luck of the draw...pay $5, pub matches it, get drawn blind (fa cup style) with a partner and then knock out to the final. Finalists share the pot, usually about $200.

Lighthouse

Nice to see Pride cometh after yet another fall.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NorthernWhite

I can't remember being so encouraged after a loss!

I thought everyone was excellent today apart from Riise. I can see the team getting to grips with Jols plans and if they continue, we'll definitely rise the table.

MrFantastic

We need pants John Pantsil and number 1 is John Pantsil, and number 2 is John Pantsil and number 3 is John Pantsil and number 4 is John Pantsil and number 5 is John Pantsil and number 6 is John Pantsil, and number 7 is John Pantsil, and number 8 is John Pantsil and number 9 is John Pantsil and number 10 is John Pantsil, and number 11 is John Pantsil and all the subs are John Pantsil we all dream of a team of John Pantsil a team of John Pantsil great person i met him while he was playing for Widzew Lodz in Poland he played there short period of time but he was great. His last name is Paintsil but it got messed up somehow there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

WHITEwitch

Strangely - despite the result - I am feeling very relieved.

Looks like something is coming together and I feel a lot more hopeful.

Keep up the good work.

Grygera I felt for you - get fit again very very soon please.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 07, 2011, 02:07:33 AM
Nice to see Pride cometh after yet another fall.

it's called getting behind the team,you should try it, instead off being happy being miserable fp.gif

there are a lot of positives that can be taken from yesterday and we all should focus on those,we play like that against Liverpool(or anybody else) we ALWAYS have a chance :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

MJG

I'm not proud of yesterday's performance, thats the wrong wording for me.
Yes we gave it a go and should have got something out the game but we are not some 3rd Div team playing them in the cup and have just had a glorious defeat.

We gave them far too much space in the first half and did not make the most of the chances we had all game. We showed promise and enough that while I think we will do well to be as high as 14th at the end of the season we should be good enough not to go down.

But things do need to change in January, for me a out & out striker has to be bought, no more attacking midfield players.
I want a player who gets a nose bleed when he comes back to defend a corner. AJ is not the answer by giving him another 2 year contract. Ok he's on one purple patch at the mo but he will revert to type no doubt.
So proud..no..disappointed we did not convert another of the 30 odd chances..yes
Happy with the second half..to the extent we showed that we can create clear cut chances, but the players we have do not have that quality cutting edge you need week in week out.

bog

RidgeRider

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 06, 2011, 09:19:10 PM
I can't remember being this reassured after a defeat. At last, we're beginning to play consistently how Jol wants us to. I can now see what he's been aiming at and if we play that way for all remaining matches then we will surely finish at least mid-table or better.

It's hard to be objective after a game like that, but wasn't that the kind of football you could watch for ever? Some of the attacking pass and movement was exceptional. Imagine playing like Stoke week in and week out, and then the results drying up. Then you really do have nothing.

We outplayed Spurs for most of the game. Jol is getting the best out of Dembele. Ruiz looks like he really is quality.  Brede and Baird were immense. Kelly is playing well at full back. We're a joy to watch. We have a transfer window in January to tinker with any problem areas.

We'll be fine. :048:

Agree with this. It was the best attacking football I have seen us play. It took some time with Hodgson, then Hughes and looks like Jol's methods are finally starting to come together.