News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's very hard not to be down after a loss..... but......

Started by Jambo, November 06, 2011, 08:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

... that 2nd half performance was fantastic.  Lets not forget who we were playing either.  We should have had at least 1 pen and Friedal made several saves including a couple he had no idea about.  We are playing football the right way and have a bunch of players that have genuine quality.  We did miss AJ today but to be able to call upon Duff, Dembele and Ruiz really does show how far we have come.  Which does bring me on to Ruiz, this guy is quality and is going to be a star for us.  The sooner he starts games the better.

I left the ground feeling desperately disappointed but after an hour of reflection apart from hitting the back of the net and having some luck what more could we have done?  On another day we would have strolled it.  Looking at the league table and also how we have played I still believe that we will finish 8th-10th and after watching today I saw nothing to make me think otherwise.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

FatFreddysCat

I actually count us  a 7th to 14th team, but think we'll be nearer 14th than 7th. Once Jol get's rid of the old guard, well be a regular top ten team, obviously never near the top four, but a good side.

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jambo

@jambohunt

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jambo

Quote from: finnster01 on November 06, 2011, 11:11:06 PM
Quote from: Jambo on November 06, 2011, 09:52:10 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on November 06, 2011, 09:49:02 PM
Jol won't be here to see it

Thanks for your input, care to elaborate?

What part of "won't be here" don't you understand?

Oh right , I now completely understand your reasoning.  Cheers

@jambohunt

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I would be very down If I had to endure
those  Purple Jessies every week ( Modric excluded)  with their little man-boys and fouling off the ball , and that Scott Parker still has the look of a bad dog who  dumped on the carpet and is in terror of being found out, even though he is playing for the great spurts 

A good team  my ........Aunt Hilda.

Jimbobob

Finnster you are on fire. Or as they say in New York: "Fii-ya"....
You have made me laugh till I have cried with two of your posts this weekend.
Well done!!! :54: :54: :54:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Burt

I was on a lads weekend so couldn't go, but we caught the second half in a pub in Leeds and bearing in mind one of the lads is a Spuds fan the unanimous view was that "we wuzz robbed".

Were it not for the keeper and a blind ref then it would at least have been a point.

Well played to the team, tough luck not to have got something out of that.

michaelread

im with Jambo here. You're a top bloke finnster but there needs to be more input than that, surely? Whats the issue with Jol? He had us firing. My only problem with him is that he likes Etuhu, although i think itl be the final straw, barring injuries he might have played his last match for us in the league.

aFFCn_Fan

I was unfortunate enough to watch with three Spuds fans and two neutrals (who both turned Fulham by the end of the game). Everyone said we deserved to get something from the game. I think they were all stunned with the pressure we put on Spuds in the second half.

What worries me, is that while the team are obviously starting to understand jol and his tactics, is it just unlucky? Or is this combined with the Everton loss at home the sign of something more worrying under the surface? Goal difference and our home form have been our key to premier league survival for a few seasons now.
@hincharoo

WhiteJC

what worries me is that we've started to concede late goals again, under Woy and Sparky we lost that habit, is this something to do with fitness?

MJG

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 07, 2011, 03:35:29 PM
what worries me is that we've started to concede late goals again, under Woy and Sparky we lost that habit, is this something to do with fitness?
You could say yesterday that Spurs soaked it all up and we just ran out of steam. You could not play like we did every game, it was a massive effort the lads put in and we got stretched at the end.

Its more a mental thing, all that effort and little reward. At home in the lge we need to get back to scoring first or will only get worse.