watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boy do we need a new striker

Started by fulhamguy, November 06, 2011, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamguy

So badly. We just need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net regularly. Bobby isn't that man, AJ wasn't until he started banging them in for his new contract. Ruiz wasn't the buy we needed, although he does look quality.

Imagine if we had someone like Darren Bent. A goalscorer. A poacher. With the quality creative players we have, Demps, Duffer, Dembele, Murphy, Ruiz, we are a goalscorer away from being a top 6 side.

I think we should go for Michael Owen on loan in January. Just a poacher and a good finisher. Not world class but can put the ball in the onion bag. That's all we need!
COYW!

jarv

He is injured again, isn't he?  But I do agree with you. Should have bought Fletcher when Burnley went down. Scored for them, scores for Wolves.

TonyGilroy

If we want that sort of player and money's available for an experienced guy almost bound to succeed then Defoe is the obvious choice.

I'm not so sure. I think this squad is improving nicely and the goals will come.

finnster01

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 06, 2011, 09:15:25 PM

If we want that sort of player and money's available for an experienced guy almost bound to succeed then Defoe is the obvious choice.

I'm not so sure. I think this squad is improving nicely and the goals will come.

Squad may be improving but the results are not. Last time I looked the results get managers sacked.

Take a look at the schedule until after new years. Not a very pretty piece of reading.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

There are tough games coming up.

We started the season drawing most matches. Last 7 games have seen 4 wins and 3 defeats with some very extenuating circumstances.

We are most definitely improving but it may be easier to see live than on screen. The movement and understanding are getting better. Jol's made major changes which I think the squad is coming to terms with maybe reluctantly.

I'd be very surprised if the results don't improve soon.

jarv

Mr. Finn, I agree. In an earlier post I stated, using predictor, on boxing day Fulham will be equal 18th with wba, above on goal difference. Unless they can turn in a couple of 5 star performances away. And of course.... 079.gif

Jack Fulham

Gignac?

Milito?

Well, maybe not the latter.

horse1031

wish we had demba ba.  he scores for fun.

Mr Fulham

BalDrick

For me the one thing missing is Zamora's confidence. His body language over the free kick spoke volumes to me.

Need another free kick taker once Murph is off too actually. How hard can it be?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 06, 2011, 09:52:47 PM

We started the season drawing most matches. Last 7 games have seen 4 wins and 3 defeats with some very extenuating circumstances.

We are most definitely improving but it may be easier to see live than on screen. The movement and understanding are getting better. Jol's made major changes which I think the squad is coming to terms with maybe reluctantly.

There is definitely something in this - we are now attacking as a unit. Dembele, Duff, Dempsey and Zamora seemed to be on the same wavelength over the last few games

BalDrick

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 07, 2011, 09:18:52 AM

There is definitely something in this - we are now attacking as a unit. Dembele, Duff, Dempsey and Zamora seemed to be on the same wavelength over the last few games

Yep agreed - and once Aaron is back one hopes the defence will be on the same wavelength too. I'm not sure what Briggs has done wrong. Not bothered about Grygera being out, think Kelly's a more than adequate replacement.

alfie

Quote from: BalDrick on November 07, 2011, 08:33:39 AM
For me the one thing missing is Zamora's confidence. His body language over the free kick spoke volumes to me.

Need another free kick taker once Murph is off too actually. How hard can it be?

I still find it amazing that people are going on about BZ's confidence, he missed kicked it that's all, it happens, what on earth did you see in his "body language". He does not lack confidence in himself, he said that he was just not playing well at the moment. I have days at work when things don't go as planned, but it certainly dose not mean i have lost my confidence.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mitch

Us and every team in the league pretty much. There are very very few strikers who score one of every two chances for example. For our club level I'd say our strikers are as good as we can (without big investment) hope to have at our disposal.

BalDrick

Quote from: alfie on November 07, 2011, 05:40:10 PM

I still find it amazing that people are going on about BZ's confidence, he missed kicked it that's all, it happens, what on earth did you see in his "body language". He does not lack confidence in himself, he said that he was just not playing well at the moment. I have days at work when things don't go as planned, but it certainly dose not mean i have lost my confidence.

Well your job may not be such a confidence issue, I have no idea. But we've seen him low on confidence before haven't we, he does seem to be a player who is either red hot or very cold. Just my opinion but I knew that free kick was going to go where it did before he kicked it.

horse1031

Quote from: Mitch on November 07, 2011, 05:48:33 PM
Us and every team in the league pretty much. There are very very few strikers who score one of every two chances for example. For our club level I'd say our strikers are as good as we can (without big investment) hope to have at our disposal.

i agree.  our strikers are good enough.  Need to put the ball in the back of the net.

Burt

I would agree with this, and hope that the MAF's track record of giving managers time rather than giving in to knee-jerk reactions will mean that Jol will get to see the fruits of his labours...

alfie

Quote from: BalDrick on November 07, 2011, 05:48:41 PM
Quote from: alfie on November 07, 2011, 05:40:10 PM

Well your job may not be such a confidence issue, I have no idea. But we've seen him low on confidence before haven't we, he does seem to be a player who is either red hot or very cold. Just my opinion but I knew that free kick was going to go where it did before he kicked it.

wow amazing forsight, what are the lottery numbers matey
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't