watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still sore from Sunday

Started by WhiteMulberry, November 08, 2011, 11:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteMulberry

Well, along comes tuesday, two days on and still sore, although the pain is waining after a good gym session last night and 7 a side to look forward to tonight.

Its funny how you never can look at a fixture on paper and envisage how painful it could be. I mean, i felt less after the Everton game, and less still at the Stoke game, but this Spurs game has left me almost a broken man on a Sunday night and a Monday.

I guess the players and the manager are feeling it 10 times more though, and unfortuantely we have to wait 2 weeks for a chance to put it right.

Lighthouse

It is down to attitude. I always expect pain and sadness and gnashing of teeth. So when people say how well we played and despite having three goals against us and not actually scoring ourselves bar an own goal. Pain stops me from saying we deserved more or this is a change and now we will be better. We have seen it all before. Yet it still hurts. How can people and fans feel so pleased after a defeat?

But it is attitude. It is how we face the game. Hope begins again in the build up to our next game. Then it will all start again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Far better to have gone down fighting in the way we did, than not put in sort of display at all. I would have been far more gutted if we had put in a spineless, clueless display.

From an attitude point of view it helps if there are positives to take from a defeat. Such was the case on Sunday.

horse1031

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 08, 2011, 11:36:15 AM
It is down to attitude. I always expect pain and sadness and gnashing of teeth. So when people say how well we played and despite having three goals against us and not actually scoring ourselves bar an own goal. Pain stops me from saying we deserved more or this is a change and now we will be better. We have seen it all before. Yet it still hurts. How can people and fans feel so pleased after a defeat?

But it is attitude. It is how we face the game. Hope begins again in the build up to our next game. Then it will all start again.

i think i try and be pleased so it doesnt hurt as much.  i am more depressed days after(now) than i was after the game for some reason.  I think i was in denile that we actually lost the game after playing better than them.

Travers Barney

Hull City defeat at home was pain...any defeat against the filth is pain..Wanchope's last minute equaliser for City at Loftus Road against us was pain (dunno why that one hurt so much?).

I didn't feel the hurt Sunday that I used to feel with such a ill merited defeat...I'm almost irratated with myself for feeling this way.

We are the whites

We are the whites

Berserker

I didn't feel so bad as Everton as i wasn't expecting as much against Spurs as they are  on pretty good form this season, plus we lost fighting. I'm still worrying about a relegation fight later on. Any the last time i saw them play when i was at Tyne castle with my Scottish in laws and they took Hearts apart. To be honest i kept thinking about the poor people in that M5 crash, silly i know but it quite upset me
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Scalley and I went passed that junction on Thursday evening and I went by it circa 2am Friday morning after the game and dropping her off. It does rather hit home how instant things are.

Just got back from the game ....... must stop taking all these detours, and 48 hours on it seems quite simple. After QPR beat Chelsea a couple of lorries on the motorways had QPR 1 Old Men 0. Substitute the latter and I think that sums us up. It was the young guns who took the game by the throat and I could'nt see why Kassami did'nt get a go. If BZ could hit a barn door these days we might have been closer from the off.Have to shoot myself in both feet though and give a nod to Murph.