more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Grygera injury update

Started by os5889, November 08, 2011, 06:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Grygera Injury Update!

From the moment Zdenek Grygera let out a scream after twisting his knee on the Craven Cottage turf, you knew it was a bad injury.

Carried away on a stretcher with an oxygen mask strapped to his face to relieve the pain, I feared that our defenders season was over.

Yesterday, an MRI scan revealed that he had sustained ligament damage to his knee but the prognosis, with regards to time out, isn`t as bad as first feared.

It appears that Grygera will be unavailable for selection for a period of two months, not as bad as first feared but still a huge blow to our club as we contemplate a hectic period whereby our Premier League and Europa League campaigns continue at a heady pace.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=261965&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1d8pkTplw

os5889

Dont know where they've got their info from but sounds promising

horse1031

this is GREAT news.  that would be amazing if he could be back by the end of January...

cebu

I sincerely hope this report is accurate. It would be great to have him back in January after most of us expected him to be out for the rest of the season.

sunburywhite

It would be fantastic if the lad was back after two months, he looked in absolute agony.

Good luck to him
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

White Noise

I've not been able to find any trace of this other than from these guys. I wonder if its a misunderstanding of another article?

I would be astounded if he were back kicking a ball as quickly as they say. Hope its true though!

os5889

Quote from: White Noise on November 08, 2011, 08:24:33 PM
I've not been able to find any trace of this other than from these guys. I wonder if its a misunderstanding of another article?

I would be astounded if he were back kicking a ball as quickly as they say. Hope its true though!

My thoughts to, but we can but hope!

Tom

This is indeed great news! Get well soon and see you after the new year.
Fulham for life!

White Noise

Looking at some of the other stories Vital Fulham have run with today there is a strong link with 'The Sun' newspaper so I think they have read this in an exceedingly glass half full way -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3920574/Zdenek-Grygera-in-knee-KO.html

The Rock

2 things 1- Players never return to first team action as quickly as they predict - almost ever. 2 - I watched the replay - it wasn't as bad as what happened with JB, but I would be surprised to see him back anytime before spring, let alone rest of the year. No way.

finnster01

Never heard of an ACL taking only two months.

Maybe the economy is so bad that even Jesus is working at the Lazarus Clinic in West Kensington...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Bronsons

Vitalfootball only ever parrots stuff from other sites. So if this story isn't anywhere else they've either finally found a source of their own, or as WN suggests they've just misread or misunderstood something someone else wrote.

My money's on the latter.

Lighthouse

Fulham defender Zdenek Grygera was today ruled out for approximately six months due to a knee injury sustained against Tottenham on Sunday.

Grygera went down in the first half of the Craven Cottage clash after an innocuous challenge with Spurs' Gareth Bale and was carried off on a stretcher after receiving oxygen.

In a statement today Fulham said the Czech had damaged an anterior cruciate ligament.

The statement on www.fulhamfc.com read: "The club can confirm that Zdenek Grygera suffered an ACL rupture during the match against Tottenham on Sunday, November 6.

"It is estimated that the recovery period for an injury of this nature is approximately six months.

"The club will update further on Zdenek's progress during the course of his rehabilitation."

Grygera has made just four appearances for Fulham since joining the west London club from Juventus in August.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Ouch. That will him done then. He will miss this season so openning up options in the back four reshuffle. Kelly has'nt done badly and if JAR wheezes through the next few games Briggs must surely step up. If his contract is extended, am I right in thinking it was a year, he will be a tad older, slower and lack that infamous match fitness.
Its a real shame so I say good luck to him.

cebu

It looks like he really will miss the rest of the season. Maybe Fulham need to make a move for a replacement in January?

Burt

6 months is more like it for such an injury. Unfortunately.

Berserker

Are we allowed and extra place in our squad for a long term injury?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

White Noise

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 10, 2011, 05:53:39 PM
Ouch. That will him done then. He will miss this season so openning up options in the back four reshuffle. Kelly has'nt done badly and if JAR wheezes through the next few games Briggs must surely step up. If his contract is extended, am I right in thinking it was a year, he will be a tad older, slower and lack that infamous match fitness.
Its a real shame so I say good luck to him.

I agree. I think thats the end of him at Fulham. Jol will either let one of the others cement the place or get someone in January. Great shame as he played very well and never let us down.