News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I know this has been kicked about but...

Started by finnster01, November 09, 2011, 03:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

It really would be nice if we could post a map of the world with little needle pins in each country we have FoF members. Don't have to get more granular like SW6 and the like, just a pin in each country.

I used to work for a company many years ago that had this huge map of the world on the wall in the board room with a pin for each client. I always used to look at that map and be amazed.

With Fulham getting more popular and the fanbase expanding, it would be nice to have a map like that (maybe as part of the home page'ish etc) It makes me proud to read so many posts from different parts of the world and it would be nice to see it graphically. Just a thought  :54:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

leonffc

manxman

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Burt

It will be at least one pin in Thames Ditton!

CorkedHat

Finding Rupanyup might be a task  :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

The Equalizer

Quote from: CorkedHat on November 09, 2011, 11:44:37 AM
Finding Rupanyup might be a task  :down_under:

Meh, it's just down the road from Horsham. I want to try and get out there soon as I've got another mate in Bendigo, which again is just up the road from you.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

CorkedHat

You will be more than welcome Mr E. Bendigo is only about 100 miles from Rupanyup so that would be no problem.
When I worked for an International ad agency each office had a map in their reception area, indicated with pins, where in the world they had an office.
After a Board Room function a few of us got plastered and we moved the pins out of places like London, Sydney, New York, Singapore and into destinations such as Tierra del Fuego, Burkina Faso, Falkland Islands, Iraq, etc.
Well it seemed a good idea at the time but having to replace them next morning and finding places like Detroit, Bloemfontein, Wellington, Bucharest and Lima proved more than a little difficult.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

LBNo11

...WhiteJC has been looking at finding something compatible with this site and this is 'work in progress'. A world view map would be ideal and a zoom facility for London and the home counties a necessity to avoid congestion - especially on the A3 corridor...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 09, 2011, 12:21:21 PM
...WhiteJC has been looking at finding something compatible with this site and this is 'work in progress'. A world view map would be ideal and a zoom facility for London and the home counties a necessity to avoid congestion - especially on the A3 corridor...

There was a neat bit of software which my previous employer used to plot "who lived where" in relation to any defined fixed point. This in the context of relocating from Heathrow to Maidenhead, and assessing personal impact, compensation, etc. etc.

Let me know if you would like me to check out what this was, or if it is in hand already then don't worry about it!