https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dickson Etuhu fan club

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, November 09, 2011, 09:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 09, 2011, 04:07:34 PM
Quote from: ron on November 09, 2011, 04:01:50 PM
I think this thread existing at all suggests that even his most ardent fans need to sing his praises to make their viewpoint at all credible...?

Not really, just a reaction against the knee-jerk lazy reactions that are continuously spouted out as if they are facts, rather than simply single observations repeated ad nauseum until them are considered the truth.

who made our favourite Don, Mr. Hatterdon, take a break from this message board!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Bronsons

Fan. Does a thankless job well, and passes much better and more consistently than most give him credit for.

os5889

I think he's struggled as a result of being thrust into important games with no game time. He's ot the quality, just been very rusty since Mr Hodgson left!

os5889

Quote from: VB on November 09, 2011, 01:51:00 PM

Im a fan of the big man.

Wonderful pic Mr VB! Do you have any more soon to be making an appearance?

Berserker

Quote from: DukeTyrion on November 09, 2011, 02:06:29 PM
I loved his tackle on Nunez  :54:
Quote from: DukeTyrion on November 09, 2011, 02:06:29 PM
I loved his tackle on Nunez  :54:

Is that the headless hourseman from sleepy hollow pic by the way?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

White Noise

Respect Earned

Thursday 10th November 2011

Dickson Etuhu believes Fulham's remarkable run to the UEFA Europa League Final in 2010 has resulted in a hightened level of respect amongst European opposition this season.

2010 provided Etuhu with memories to cherish forever, both for Fulham and Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup Finals, but the midfielder is well aware that Fulham's past successes will make the competition even tougher this time round.

"I definitely still think about it," said Etuhu of Fulham's 2010 European campaign. "No one expected us to get to the Final – especially the route we took, playing against some of the top European teams.

"It was a great moment in time that everybody will remember at the Football Club and obviously the players as well.

"I've actually got Forlan's shirt form the Final. I got that framed and signed and I've also got some pictures to go with it. In my career that Europa League run and playing in the World Cup were the best moments.

"It's going to be harder for us now in Europe because teams respect us more because of what we did last time - so they going to come well prepared and take us more seriously. Last time around people didn't give us any respect and we took advantage of that."

Etuhu's career in professional sports could have taken a very different route in athletics and the Fulham man is evidently thankful for taking up a second offer of a trial at Manchester City in his formative years.

"Shawn Wright-Phillips is a good friend of mine and when they used to go and play Sunday League football I used to go with them sometimes. One day Manchester City watched me play and wanted me to go up there for a trial and I was like, 'no thanks'. They invited me again and I went.

"I started football really late, at about 15 or 16. I represented my county and my school at athletics and it was exciting but I wasn't too sure which event I really liked. I was good at field events like long jump and triple jump and it was exciting times.

"I'm still shocked to be a footballer really. I'm so happy to be a footballer I don't really thing about what I could have been. It's amazing that I switched sports at such a late time."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/EtuhuEuroInterview.aspx#ixzz1dIRilfuR

aussierod

"I've actually got Forlan's shirt form the Final. I got that framed and signed and I've also got some pictures to go with it."
Does anyone else find this a little odd, for me, there would be nothing worse than receiving, let alone framing with pictures, the players shirt who scored the most agonising goal of my career... I'd be gutted every time I saw it, perhaps why no-one else took it
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

HatterDon

Gosh, I hope I'm not too late to sign up!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

He could still go take a running jump.....

...I mean back to athletics ..of course....