watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Message to the Fulham players and Martin Jol

Started by finnster01, November 09, 2011, 03:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

There are questions being asked about the fitness of the squad.

Therefore, I would like to invite everyone at Fulham to the third annual Slim Like Gentleman Jim Championship. Whilst I do not expect anyone to beat Mr Airfix's world record performance from last year, I would strongly recommend a few of you attend this year.

As usual, it starts after the new year holidays and closes on March 1 and is meant to save a few Fulham fans not only a few pounds but also improve their quality of life and in some cases even life itself. I am not saying you are a bunch of Jan Molby's, but some of you can lose a pound or two.

Please PM me to join at your convenience.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Airfix

finnster01

Quote from: Airfix on November 09, 2011, 03:20:26 PM
Shall I enter again..................?

Of course, but I do not want to be responsible for creating Fulham's first invisible man

Burt

Ever since I have had to retire from football my weight has increased from just over 10 stone to almost 11 stone and I have gone up a waist size in trousers to 32".

It feels like I should enter this contest, but my wife (a GP, and therefore reasonably knowledgeable in these matters) says that my Body Mass Index is quite low (I am almost 6 foot tall) and it wouldn't harm me to put a few more pounds on.

So perhaps in parallell to the annual Slim Like Gentleman Jim contest we could also have a Pukka Pies sponsored "Fatten Up the Strip Of P1ss" contest too.

BalDrick

'I have gone up a waist size in trousers to 32".'

Not sure what I can say to that, not without questoning your legitimacy anyway!
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Burt

Quote from: BalDrick on November 09, 2011, 04:16:50 PM
'I have gone up a waist size in trousers to 32".'

Not sure what I can say to that, not without questoning your legitimacy anyway!

I am a bit of a beanpole... Although someone did call me a twiglet once  :dft011:

finnster01

Make as much fun as you want, but I have lost over 100 pounds in 4 years and more or less are keeping it off, yet I love food.

I had to, because it was that or an early bath. If I can make a single Fulham fan doing the same thing my mission is completed.  :clap_hands:

Airfix

Quote from: finnster01 on November 09, 2011, 04:31:50 PM

I had to, because it was that or an early bath.

Same.

If I can make a single Fulham fan doing the same thing my mission is completed.  :clap_hands:

Agreed, same here!

jarv

Mr. Burt, 32"  6' tall. wow, that is excellent. I am by no means fat, still playfootball at 63 but it has been a struggle to get from 35". I am at 33" now, would love to shed the extra inch.

I had symptoms of a minor stroke in the spring so now am on a low fat, low cholesterol diet. The scare has helped me play by the rules.

Dugliss

Mr Airfix, have you managed to maintain your weight throughout the year and are you now off that crazy, yet effective Dukan diet? Count me in although I didn`t exactly make much of an effort the last 2 years

Burt

Make as much fun as you want, but I have lost over 100 pounds in 4 years and more or less are keeping it off, yet I love food.

I had to, because it was that or an early bath. If I can make a single Fulham fan doing the same thing my mission is completed.  :clap_hands:

Mr Finn,

I was not meaning to belittle what you are trying to do here and apologize if it came across that way.

It is a fantastic initiative, I remember reading the updates etc. last time around and the support and encouragement that was being generated (along with the humour!) was something to behold.

Well done on driving it again...

:clap_hands:

FatFreddysCat

I shall of course enter again. Currently over a stone less in weight than last year, but still hoping to do more, and no hernia this  year to hamper me  :54: Done a fifty minute bike ride at 5am this morning, not by choice though  :035:

Airfix

Quote from: Dugliss on November 09, 2011, 08:31:57 PM
Mr Airfix, have you managed to maintain your weight throughout the year and are you now off that crazy, yet effective Dukan diet? Count me in although I didn`t exactly make much of an effort the last 2 years

I remain around 12st 7lb with a pound or two fluctuation occasionally.  I am still in the third, recovery, phase and I will remain in it for another six months or so.  Very pleased with the results though.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

well I'm a right chubster,have lost 1 stone in the last month,thing is you can hardly tell LOL
I'm in again then :doh: :doh: :doh:

RidgeRider

Well done Finn! I am down about 85 lbs over the past 4 years myself and have managed to keep it off. Down a stone (see now I am even writing like you English in some ways) as well from last year. Very happy about it and hope the trend continues. I would like to get down to my high school weight of 185 but think 195 on my frame and age would probably be about as best as I will do. I'm in, PM already sent.

Dugliss

I remain around 12st 7lb with a pound or two fluctuation occasionally.  I am still in the third, recovery, phase and I will remain in it for another six months or so.  Very pleased with the results though.
[/quote]

That`s very impressive, takes a lot of willpower to stick to that kind of plan for such a long time.
I still think your shopping bill must be ridiculous though!!

epsomraver

Count me in again Finn, I am still around my finishing weight but could do with a another shove.

Airfix

Quote from: Dugliss on November 10, 2011, 03:19:04 PM
That`s very impressive, takes a lot of willpower to stick to that kind of plan for such a long time.
I still think your shopping bill must be ridiculous though!!

Manageable.  Everything's bloody expensive at the moment anyway.

Berserker

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 09, 2011, 11:22:22 PM

Well done Finn! I am down about 85 lbs over the past 4 years myself and have managed to keep it off. Down a stone (see now I am even writing like you English in some ways) as well from last year. Very happy about it and hope the trend continues. I would like to get down to my high school weight of 185 but think 195 on my frame and age would probably be about as best as I will do. I'm in, PM already sent.

I'm new to this, what exactly is involved?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

finnster01

Quote from: Berserker on November 10, 2011, 09:27:08 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on November 09, 2011, 11:22:22 PM

I'm new to this, what exactly is involved?

Mr Berserker,
It is simple really. Every week after new years and the Christmas indulgence (i.e by each Friday until March 1st) people posts their weight via a PM to me, and I keep track of it and posts a bunch of stats about it weekly. Here is a sample, just click on the links they should still work. One day I will convince the club to give us real prizes from the club/sponsors. Anyway, it is a good thing to do, Christmas and all we can all do with a bit of shedding.

Here is a weekly random sample:
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=439.0