News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

16 year old in need of some Football coaching related work.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, November 09, 2011, 03:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Hi all,

I'm on the verge of being kicked out of my Sixth Form and I want to try and look for some work. I know what I want to achieve and what I want to do as I grow up, I have targets and failing it I couldn't live happy despite them being high. I already have my FA Level 1 award in coaching football and I want to follow it up at the highest possible level.

I've thought about applying for work on www.ukelite.com (a company that basically ships English coaches to improve their game in the US) and it's something definitely want to do, but I feel my age and the lack of working experience on my CV may play against me.

If you know anyone in London that is working as a football coach and needs any help please pass on my email.

[email protected]

LBNo11

...I would suggest you send a PM to Southfield White...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Nothing wrong with the US summer circuit son. Give it a go, and actually the FA  isn't bad either and you may want to check out their latest update to their website and there is a bunch of stuff there worth looking at including badges.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

check out a company called mass pro soccer in the Boston area. I am good friends with the 2 owners, Irish lads (brothers).  If interested I will see what I can do. I expect to meet them for a pint or two in the next few weeks.

leonffc

I've just done the first week of my level 2. There was a guy on there (21 years old) that has been going to the US for a few years on his level 1.
Another lad has been coaching 6,7,8 year olds at Watford. Give lower lg clubs a ring and see if they will give you a start going their kids. it could even lead to a job and then they would pay for future badges if you're lucky.

SouthfieldWhite

I'd advise to get some experience before heading off abroad, your level 1 won't mean much in the USA , I'd suggest to go work for Fulham Foundation first, they go into schools  etc and also do half term courses, that way you'll start getting hands on experience, a good coach will know the age group theyre doing and coach in a way to how old the kids are, my next suggestion would be in 6 months or so, before doing your level 2, go do you're youth module 1 award, the youth module awards are far better than your level 1, 2 or 3 (uefa B badge) as they are age appropriate

I've got mates who run the English soccer school in Singapore and mayladia, I got asked to go out and run the Singapore one but I'd miss Fulham too much

I've also got mates who have there own soccer school over here, let me know where your from and if your local, I will speak to my mate about giving you a trial session, if great to see young coaches these days, if I'd of started as young, I'd be managing Fulham by now ;-)

leonffc

I've also got mates who have there own soccer school over here, let me know where your from and if your local, I will speak to my mate about giving you a trial session, if great to see young coaches these days, if I'd of started as young, I'd be managing Fulham by now ;-)
[/quote]

I know what you mean Southfield. When I started my level 2 it was the best week of my life. On the training field with footballs every day - i loved it. I didn't even know It was possible to enjoy Mondays!! I just kept thinking 'if only I'd done this as a kid and made a career out if it'!!

Do you coach for a living now?

SouthfieldWhite

Leon, these opportunities went about when I was younger, but coach development has taken off these last 15 years, when I did my level 2 ( many moons ago) it was enjoyable but bloody hard work, I could handle the coaching side of it, it was all the written work, but passed first time, we had to go in in 2 to see if we passed or failed, the first 6 pairs all came out and said they'd failed, I had to go in with Simon Bassett( Afc wimbledons first team coach) although he wasn't at the time and was glad to hear the words, well done you've passed

Im stonemason by trade but got fed up with it so did 6 weeks community coaching for Fulham, and although I enjoyed it, the money was no where near what I was earning in the stone game, so I'm back on the building sites, I was very tempted to take the Singapore coaching job, but with my youngest starting high school at the time, I turned it down, but who knows in the future,

Football is life a full time job for me anyway with being a fixture sec for the Surrey youth league and scouting for Fulham and running my own u13 side

If I can help you Leon in anyway like giving you my level 2 completed folder just ask, although I think it's a lot different to when I did mine,  I'm also a member of the Surrey coaches association mist county's now have similar and they get top coaches to come and do a session for other coaches to watch, added bonus is all Surrey coaches sessions are at Fulham training ground, I can get you in as a guest if you like, good luck with your level 2

leonffc

Cheers for that. I'm only doing my sons U11 side at the moment as assistant coach so the head coach has all the level 2 stuff I need but thanks for the offer.
When I'm through this (hopefully in April) I wouldn't mind coming down and having a look at the Surrey set up if that's still ok?

You see Frankie Peter Taylor. you don't know how lucky you are with all the opportunities around now. Grasp them mate!!