https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Countries you wouldn't go back to or waste your time in again

Started by Tom, November 14, 2011, 07:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on November 14, 2011, 09:48:48 AM
Quote from: michaelread on November 14, 2011, 09:47:07 AM
what a terribly close minded thread. A holiday is what you make of it, not what it makes for you. I bet if you broadened your horizons off the beaten track you could find beauty and fun in any place.
Whatever! You have always had something against me. Go back to your dream world.

Its no mystery that I don't like your posts, hence why I usually ignore them. But this one is just plain stupid. I guess we have differing views on travel. I've never been to a place I haven't enjoyed. I'm off to L.A for 2 months in February, so perhaps I'll spend some time picking over its flaws, and get out of my dreamworld.

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on November 14, 2011, 10:08:05 AM
what a terribly close minded thread. A holiday is what you make of it, not what it makes for you. I bet if you broadened your horizons off the beaten track you could find beauty and fun in any place.
Whatever! You have always had something against me. Go back to your dream world.

Its no mystery that I don't like your posts, hence why I usually ignore them. But this one is just plain stupid. I guess we have differing views on travel. I've never been to a place I haven't enjoyed. I'm off to L.A for 2 months in February, so perhaps I'll spend some time picking over its flaws, and get out of my dreamworld.
Take your own advice, if you don't like it ignore it.
Fulham for life!

The Equalizer

Tom, I was in South Africa last year. It's incredible mate, some of the most beautiful scenery that I've ever seen, and it still has that underlying hint of danger and adventure.

I've got friends who have travelled a lot more of it (including DR Congo), and they've all told me that every country they've been to is spectacular. I can't wait to get back there.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ron

Paraphrasing Ian Botham.......

Tunisia is the kind of country you'd send your mother-in-law to on an all expenses paid holiday*....

* But if you are a lover of being pestered to buy cheap rubbish whichever way you turn, being stung with padded bills, and having your wife's bag razor slashed by pickpockets when out sightseeing in Tunis, then it may well be your dream holiday destination.

Tom

L.A. is a dump! I wouldn't spend 1 day there let alone waste two months of my life in that crap hole.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 14, 2011, 10:12:01 AM
Tom, I was in South Africa last year. It's incredible mate, some of the most beautiful scenery that I've ever seen, and it still has that underlying hint of danger and adventure.

I've got friends who have travelled a lot more of it (including DR Congo), and they've all told me that every country they've been to is spectacular. I can't wait to get back there.
If I could go with you, I might consider going.
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on November 14, 2011, 10:13:27 AM

L.A. is a dump! I wouldn't spend 1 day there let alone waste two months of my life in that crap hole.

What? Judging a whole country based upon one of its major cities and only two months spent!? Preposterous isn't it!

That was easier than mouse-trap.

fyi, im going there for work, in a little place called hollywood.

os5889

England and the UK.

If I miraculously mange to pass my exams in 2 weeks Im still on course to qualify in 18 months then Im outta here.

Britain has turned the pomp and ceremony it was famous for into red tape and protocol. I hate it!

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on November 14, 2011, 10:20:13 AM

What? Judging a whole country based upon one of its major cities and only two months spent!? Preposterous isn't it!

Like I said, it's a dump and I wouldn't spend more than a day there. Come down to beautiful San Diego. You can hangout with me and watch a Fulham game. Most beautiful city the U.S. has to offer and after hanging out with me, you won't ever say a bad word about me again. I can guarantee that! The women down here will knock your socks off.
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on November 14, 2011, 10:24:40 AM

Like I said, it's a dump and I wouldn't spend more than a day there. Come down to beautiful San Diego. You can hangout with me and watch a Fulham game. Most beautiful city the U.S. has to offer and after hanging out with me, you won't ever say a bad word about me again. I can guarantee that! The women down here will knock your socks off.

I'll pass, someone told me the US was a dump

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on November 14, 2011, 10:26:29 AM

Whatever, crawl back under your rock and I hope you get mugged and car jacked in that dump! And this is what I would do to you  064.gif  091.gif
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on November 14, 2011, 10:29:44 AM

Whatever, crawl back under your rock and I hope you get mugged and car jacked in that dump! And this is what I would do to you  064.gif  091.gif

Scholar and a gentleman.

Id still prefer the car jacking to the invite to San Diego, though.

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on November 14, 2011, 10:32:34 AM

Scholar and a gentleman.

I tried being nice but you so eagerly declined.
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on November 14, 2011, 10:34:19 AM

Scholar and a gentleman.

fp.gif

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on November 14, 2011, 10:35:51 AM
Quote from: Tom on November 14, 2011, 10:34:19 AM

Scholar and a gentleman.

fp.gif
Keep playing your video games kid.  fp.gif  fp.gif  fp.gif
Fulham for life!

The Equalizer

Can you two turn it in now please? You've just turned an interesting NFR topic into a bloody dull one.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

os5889

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 14, 2011, 11:07:37 AM
Can you two turn it in now please? You've just turned an interesting NFR topic into a bloody dull one.

As an aside, what are you doing in the new microsoft advert?

The Equalizer

Quote from: os5889 on November 14, 2011, 11:18:37 AM

As an aside, what are you doing in the new microsoft advert?

Not seen it, can you get a link to it?

Tom

Sorry the kid turned the conversation. If I never go back to Mexico again, I can live with that. It is a third world dump!
Fulham for life!