Some interesting facts regarding Sunderland v Fulham

Started by Mr Fulham, November 15, 2011, 12:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Sunderland: 15th, 11 matches, 10 points, goal difference: 14-13
Fulham: 16th, 11 matches, 10 points, goal difference: 14-15

Sunderland form: DLWDL
Fulham form: LLWWL

Most goals (Sunderland): Seb Larsson (3 goals in 11 matches)
Most goals (Fulham): Clint Dempsey (3 goals in 11 matches)

Bilance (Overall): 14 matches, Sunderland won 3, Fulham won 6, with 5 draws
Bilance (In Sunderland): 7 matches, Sunderland won 2, Fulham won 2, with 3 draws

Last matches in Sunderland:

Sunderland - Fulham 1-0 (0-0)
27.01.2009, matchday 23.
Goal: Kenwyne Jones (55., Assist: Djibril Cisse)
Sunderland: Fulop - Bardsley, Collins D, Ferdinand A, McCartney (McShane 70.) - Malbranque, Whitehead, Tainio (Leadbitter 81), Reid (Edwards C 75.)- Cisse Dj, Jones K. (Manager: Ricky Sbragia)
Fulham: Schwarzer - Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky - Davies (Gera 75.), Etuhu (Nevland 83.), Murphy, Dempsey - Johnson, Zamora. (Manager: Roy Hodgson; that was the season where we virtually started every match with the same formation.)

Sunderland - Fulham 0-0
28.02.2010, matchday 28.
Goals: none
Sunderland: Gordon - Hutton, Ferdinand A, Turner, Mensah (McCartney 83.) - Cana, Cattermole (Zenden 54.), Richardson - Campbell F, Jones K (Benjani 80.), Bent. (Manager: Steve Bruce)
Fulham: Schwarzer - Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Shorey - Duff, Etuhu, Murphy (Greening 57.), Davies - Gera - Zamora (Elm 83.) (Manager: Roy Hodgson)

Sunderland - Fulham 0-3 (0-1)
30.04.2011, matchday 35. (that was Sparky's "very angry" day!)
Goals: 0-1 Kakuta (33., Assist: Zamora), 0-2 Davies (61., Assist: Sidwell), 0-3 Davies (73.)
Sunderland: Mignolet - Elmohamady, Onuoha, Turner, Bardsley - Henderson (Lynch 75.), Colback, Cattermole, Muntari (Ferdinand A 66.) - Malbranque (Zenden 75.) - Sessegnon. (Manager: Steve Bruce)
Fulham: Schwarzer - Baird, Hughes, Senderos, Salcido - Davies, Murphy (Etuhu 78.), Sidwell, Kakuta (Greening 62.) - Gudjohnsen - Zamora (Johnson 78.). (Manager: Mark Hughes)

Jack Fulham

Sunderland are nothing special, I think we can win this one. I think it will be a good game for Ruiz to start.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jack Fulham on November 15, 2011, 01:21:51 AM
Sunderland are nothing special, I think we can win this one. I think it will be a good game for Ruiz to start.

Agreed. Sunderland has lost two matches already at home against Chelsea and Newcastle and drew against Villa and West Brom. Seems we could take a point and may be nick a win.

MrFantastic

we will win in sunderland and than we will win the primaries whooo and than the white house is ours yea
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

AlFayedsChequebook

We can win this, but I am convinced we will lose the next two games and it will be everything to play for against Liverpool

BalDrick

I think we have to win this, I really do. There are some tough games coming up and, whilst I'm not concerned about relegation, we must start getting points from somewhere. Sunderland are pretty poor these days.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The Equalizer

Quote from: BalDrick on November 15, 2011, 11:58:27 AM
I think we have to win this, I really do. There are some tough games coming up and, whilst I'm not concerned about relegation, we must start getting points from somewhere. Sunderland are pretty poor these days.

Agree with this completely. This should be a completely winnable game, but I do not have any confidence in the team to pull off what is surely a necessary victory.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

DukeTyrion

All the stats to me suggest a draw.

That's not to say it isn't winnable, but there is also the chance of coming away with a narrow loss.

jarv

I am sure MJ has looked at the next few fixtures and will draw the same conclusion as the rest of us. 3 POINTS, nothing less will do. Otherwise 090.gif

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 15, 2011, 12:14:15 PM

Agree with this completely. This should be a completely winnable game, but I do not have any confidence in the team to pull off what is surely a necessary victory.

My thoughts entirely.

Was the win at Wigan a turning point in our dysmal away record? I would like to think so, but...

BalDrick

Quote from: Burt on November 15, 2011, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on November 15, 2011, 12:14:15 PM

My thoughts entirely.

Was the win at Wigan a turning point in our dysmal away record? I would like to think so, but...

No it wasn't a turning point, it was just an away game at a pretty poor side's ground. We face another on Saturday, this time though there will at least be a fairly vocal home crowd.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town