watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crystal Palace in administration

Started by Teabag, January 26, 2010, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teabag

Another one! Also a transfer embargo has been put in place.

mrska

Huge Tax bills.. plus a cash flow problems...

Sell us Moses then!!!!!!

Teabag

But a transfer emabargo means they can't sell Moses! Doesn't make sense to me. Surely the money from a sale would help pay debts?

finnster01

Quote from: Teabag on January 26, 2010, 05:26:55 PM
But a transfer emabargo means they can't sell Moses! Doesn't make sense to me. Surely the money from a sale would help pay debts?

I don't think it works like that. Pompey were able to sell some players under the "embargo". I think if the Administrator approves, sales can be approved. What they certainly can not do, is buy a new player as the player license will not be issued.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Please don't take offense to my next comment but given the number of teams that spend their way into trouble, they need to start teaching Sports Management courses in grade school in England.  ;) Course with so many foreign owners it may not just be isolated in Blighty.

Moses looks to be the real deal. Who knows.........

mrska

Surely the embargo means they can't buy...surely they can sell?  

Logicalman

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 26, 2010, 05:31:45 PM
Please don't take offense to my next comment but given the number of teams that spend their way into trouble, they need to start teaching Sports Management courses in grade school in England.  ;) Course with so many foreign owners it may not just be isolated in Blighty.

Moses looks to be the real deal. Who knows.........

More than that, they need to set up some oversight for all clubs in the market, to ensure that clubs like Palace and Portsmouth are able to cover their payments, together with reviewing take-overs by new owners.

In that way, they can see problems when they are starting, rather than leaving it until it gets to the point of administration and winding-up orders by C & E.

os5889

sad news when any club goes down that terrible road, lets hope this isnt another saints/leeds/norwich/leicester moment

finnster01

It's a shame really for most clubs. Honestly don't care much about Palace. However I blame Iain Dowie starting the slide.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LRCN

I think I speak for all fulham fans that the only way to make up for the sale of chris smalling is to get moses and clyne in from palace and that zambian left back. it's a sad state of affairs that palace are in but the administrator is a good one (he ran luton and they're completely fine now) and the manager and players are good enough to save them from relegation, I think. hopefully after this and our purchase of moses and clyne they can get back to normal.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Lork on January 26, 2010, 06:52:28 PM
I think I speak for all fulham fans that the only way to make up for the sale of chris smalling is to get moses and clyne in from palace and that zambian left back. it's a sad state of affairs that palace are in but the administrator is a good one (he ran luton and they're completely fine now) and the manager and players are good enough to save them from relegation, I think. hopefully after this and our purchase of moses and clyne they can get back to normal.

This is why cashing in on Smalling now is a good idea,improve the club-it's all about the club!