Main Menu

Dino Islamovic Is The Mystery Trialist

Started by White Noise, November 16, 2011, 08:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/islamovic-on-trial-at-fulham/

Islamovic on trial at Fulham

by Dan on November 16, 2011

The trialist who scored for Fulham's reserves against Watford yesterday afternoon is Dino Islamovic.

Islamovic, who currently plays for Malmo in Sweden, has had his trial extended from one week to two and is expected to feature in at least one more game before his spell at Motspur Park comes to an end. The 17 year-old impressed as a half-time substitute in the behind-closed-doors friendly completing a well-worked team move with a composed finish.

Two Ton Ted

Islamovic? That's a interesting surname for some of our more right leaning supporters....
Never ever bloody anything ever.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on November 16, 2011, 10:03:23 AM
Islamovic? That's a interesting surname for some of our more right leaning supporters....
Isn't it just? Any of our scandie Fofers know much about him?

epsomraver

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 16, 2011, 11:37:28 AM

he has a sh*t barber  :011: :011:

os5889

BalDrick

Whilst I am very happy with the clear edict of lowering the average age of the squad, if he's not going to give lads like this guy and Frei any game time, kind of defeats the object doesn't it? Obviously we may not buy him, or better still we do and he plays every weekend and scores stacks, in which case I'll get my coat.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

os5889

Quote from: BalDrick on November 16, 2011, 12:02:10 PM
Whilst I am very happy with the clear edict of lowering the average age of the squad, if he's not going to give lads like this guy and Frei any game time, kind of defeats the object doesn't it? Obviously we may not buy him, or better still we do and he plays every weekend and scores stacks, in which case I'll get my coat.

Gotta start somewhere, we dont have the luxury of paying 12m for a 16 year old like Man Ure and being able to throw them into the first team to see if they can hack it, some do - Ronaldo, some didn't - Kleberson!

If we did that we WOULD get relegated!

As such taking on youngsters on trial, building them up in the reserves and on loan the old fashioned way is the only way we can bring through youth and maintain our status.

The only kind of players who get thrown in at 16 are wonderkids and if we had any they'd be signed up by a bigger team quicker than you can say bobs your uncle.

I think the clubs got the balance right now and we are starting to see the fruits of  a system thats taken a few years to generate good solid grounded players who can get a game, proof that it is working.

Keep the faith, the clubs got it right

LRCN

Quote from: BalDrick on November 16, 2011, 12:02:10 PM

no not at all, frei's a promising player but nothing more, he's still very naive and raw. it is all about striking a balance between giving young player enough time on the pitch but also not too much to the detriment to the team and the player himself.

BalDrick

Okay, perhaps I didn't make the point I was trying to state clear - I am very happy we seem to be looking at so many young players but we could perhaps be looking at slightly older players too, ones that would expect to feature fairly regularly for the 1st team this season. We may be for all I know, got to be kept under wraps for fear of word spreading to Wormwood Scrubs (or wherever Redknapp will be soon).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Burt

Quote from: epsomraver on November 16, 2011, 11:39:51 AM

Same barber as me by the looks of it  :dft008:

Mitch

I asked Jack Dean on twitter and he said he played well.

The club is slowly bringing the top players through. If we got 1 a season I'd think that pretty succesful. Briggs broke through last and Frei is getting game time in this one. We could see Trotta soon and from there who knows, Burn/Woodrow/Tankovic etc all seem talented but are only 17 or so.

finnster01

Quote from: Burt on November 16, 2011, 12:54:34 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on November 16, 2011, 11:39:51 AM

Same barber as me by the looks of it  :dft008:

By my estimation that is a Number 2, and just having the balls to ask a barber for a number 2 is promising...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

MrFantastic

He is Bosnian he should be at least his first name and last name are Bosnian now Fulham has 3 Bosnians in their youth squad there maybe we could use them to replace some players in Bosnian national team which after that game in portugal looked like a joke, but than again what can you do when every shot goes into a goal even those from 40 meters out there. Those who think some right leaning fans of fulham will have problem with his last name well our chairman is Mohammed and he is from Egypt there.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

os5889

Mr Fulham

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 16, 2011, 07:31:13 PM
He is Bosnian he should be at least his first name and last name are Bosnian now Fulham has 3 Bosnians in their youth squad there maybe we could use them to replace some players in Bosnian national team which after that game in portugal looked like a joke, but than again what can you do when every shot goes into a goal even those from 40 meters out there. Those who think some right leaning fans of fulham will have problem with his last name well our chairman is Mohammed and he is from Egypt there.

There are two half-bosnians: Tankovic and Islamovic. Kacaniklic is half-macedonian, while all are half-swedish. Kerim Frei on the other hand was born in Austria, raised in Switzerland and has a Turkish father and a Tunisian mother. Oi, globalization is taking it's toll, isn't it?

finnster01

This whole "where is he from" thing is getting more complicated by the minute. Do we really care?

Actually I think he is from Mars and living next door to Elvis
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

alfie

Quote from: finnster01 on November 22, 2011, 12:42:50 PM
This whole "where is he from" thing is getting more complicated by the minute. Do we really care?

Actually I think he is from Mars and living next door to Elvis

Elvis has moved he lives next door to me now 098.gif
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't