watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our only chance

Started by The Swan, November 17, 2011, 07:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Away to Sunderland this Saturday is the only chance of a win in our next three games . Away to Arsenal and at home to Liverpool we will get nil points. I am now hoping that we can then go and beat Swansea away and Bolton at home before we lose to Man U at home and Chelsea away.To finish the year with an away win at Norwich. That could give us three away wins out of four games.I do hope that Dempsey can score in one of these games.
The Swan

AlFayedsChequebook

We have a chance against Liverpool at home. They have been far from stellar and it looks like Suarez will be banned for the game if the current charges stick

Admin

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 17, 2011, 07:48:23 PM
We have a chance against Liverpool at home. They have been far from stellar and it looks like Suarez will be banned for the game if the current charges stick

I am also confident that we can turn Liverpool over at home.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 17, 2011, 07:48:23 PM
Totally agree. i'd say we have a fifty/fifty chance of beating them. Arsenal no chance.

ScalleysDad

I'd like a pint of what you are drinking. We seem to follow a feisty performance with a rubbish one so Sunderland could be a real tester. Settle for a draw and batten down the hatches for the Gooners. On a roll and on the tele where with one notable exception they have looked good going forward. Our strikers, on current league form, will need to really step up to even trouble what is a shaky defence. Swansea regard us as a three pointer, and will stretch the midfield and back four so mesing up the apparent Jol game plan to keep the pitch narrow. I'm ignoring Chelski but hope for a stirling performance ... perhaps a sneaky point. Carrow Road will be rocking New Years Eve and I hoped to go to that but 4 x £45 will be too steep. Odd as it might seem I reckon a point against Pool and another against Man U is where our only home points will come from and the point on saturday will sum up our away trips. Bolton looked like what we want to be againt Stoke and they will be sorted four games hence. Jol ran out of tinkering time about three games ago so throwing in Ruiz at the start of a phenomanal run of games, the BZ/AJ/Dembele/no Sa conundrum, is Kassami ready or not, who is Gecov, the fitness of Riise and who fills in for Kelly if he is still out and latterly the long term replacement at full back are all problems that will give us something to worry about. Hopefully the other bottom eight or so will have a difficult time and perhaps at least one team, other than us, will be set adrift.

Three points on saturday and its all change of course. Go to the Emirates on a high, nick a draw, wallop Twente, two nil against Pool, 2 -2 in welsh Wales, 4 nil Odense and one nil against Bolton when BZ finally gets his feet sorted out............ we will need something like that to look even remotely sexy come the transfer window.

Fear not though the New Year is around the corner ! Ratz the Gooners at home

Oh by the way

COYW's javascript:void(0);

Mr Fulham

Sunderland away  D
Arsenal away  L
Liverpool home  D
Swansea away  D (or a win, but I don't expect that TBH)
Bolton home  W (must win)
ManUtd home  L
Chelsea away  L
Norwich away  D

That's three wins after 19 matches, with 17 points at 01/01/2012. Quite shocking, really.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 17, 2011, 08:17:26 PM
Sunderland away  D
Arsenal away  L
Liverpool home  D
ManUtd home  L
Chelsea away  L
Norwich away  D

That's three wins after 19 matches, with 17 points at 01/01/2012. Quite shocking, really.

Blimey and I thought it was only me who had accidently taken a negativity pill. However unless the tweaking suddenly works or the players collectively 'get it' I fear you could be right with more opposition players getting the man of the match awards and the word plucky used once too often. I can't believe I've got December, Twente away aside at the moment, mapped out to see 'that season defining performance'. Must be nuts !

Burt

Sunderland away  D
Arsenal away  L
Liverpool home  D
ManUtd home  L
Chelsea away  L
Norwich away  D

Hmmm I think I agree with your predictions Mr Fulham sir.

Quite sobering really.

I really don't want to be bottom 3 come the end of the year.

nevzter

Sunderland away  D
Arsenal away  L
Liverpool home  D
Swansea away  D (or a win, but I don't expect that TBH)
Bolton home  W (must win)
ManUtd home  L
Chelsea away  L
Norwich away  D

Ouch.  But a realistic perspective.  Throwing away chances early in the season may come back to bite Fulham in the arse.  Luckily, nearly half a campaign will remain to sort it out.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

cebu

It just seems so familiar to the Fulham faithful, hoping for the best while fearing the worst. OK, so 3 points on Saturday! COYWs!