watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Police want Terry Charged according to the Mirror

Started by mrska, November 18, 2011, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Some of the non-stick coating must finally be coming off.

About bloody time.

epsomraver

BBC have said that this is totally untrue, pathetic paper reporting about a pathetic bloke :014:

Logicalman

John Terry racism row: Police want England captain charged over Anton Ferdinand clash

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/18/john-terry-racism-row-police-want-england-captain-charged-over-anton-ferdinand-clash-115875-23570088/#ixzz1e3HkAgWH

Anton Ferdinand and John Terry square up

POLICE say there is enough evidence to charge England captain John Terry over his alleged racist rant.

They have quizzed six senior Chelsea players about his ugly on-pitch clash with Anton Ferdinand and are sending a file to crown prosecutors to make a final decision. A source claimed yesterday: "There is a feeling among some officers that John Terry has a case to answer."

The Chelsea defender, 31, is said to have called Ferdinand a "f****** black c***" during a stormy Premier League match against QPR last month.

Terry strenuously denies making racist remarks and insists his words have been taken out of context. Anton, 26, said he did not hear the alleged comment at the time but was alerted to it after the final whistle.

Up to 10 Met officers have examined video footage of the game.

Prosecutors will now have to consider if they have enough evidence to take the case to court and whether it would be in the public interest.

John Terry speaking with QPR's Anton Ferdinand

Several police reportedly feel Terry should be charged - but it is the CPS which will decide.

Officers have quizzed defender Ferdinand as well as the six Chelsea stars about the 85th minute bust-up during the derby at Loftus Road on October 23.

Following the announcement of an inquiry by the Met, Terry said: "I'll do whatever it takes to clear my name. I don't have anything to hide."

During the police probe it was reported Ferdinand received a death threat from an unknown source.

An FA inquiry has been delayed while the police investigation is completed.
John Terry and Fabio Capello hold two minuite silence on Rememberence day (Pic: DM)

John Terry and Fabio Capello observe the two minute silence on Remembrance Day (Pic: DM)

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas is backing his £150,000-a-week skipper.

Terry captained England during the 1-0 victory over Sweden on Tuesday.

Logicalman

So, we have ...
"  Terry strenuously denies making racist remarks and insists his words have been taken out of context. Anton, 26, said he did not hear the alleged comment at the time but was alerted to it after the final whistle. "

and

"Up to 10 Met officers have examined video footage of the game."

putting aside the obvious hatred for anything bluepoo or JT, if this was one of our very own, would YOU prosecute??

It amazes me how Ferdinand DIDN'T hear the comment, but some fan in the crowd DID!!

Sorry if this comment doesn't go with the flow, but based on the information above, there can be no likelihood of any conviction (the 'witness' can easily be shown to have an axe to grind), and I would rather not admonish JT in a court than leave it continuously open to opinion.

epsomraver

Nobody appears  to have heard it, perhaps Cole did but is not saying anything, this was all done on people "lipreading" what he said, I agree, that as much as I despise Terry, there is no chance of him ever being prosecuted.

ImperialWhite

:038:

Good riddance. Don't want people like him tarnishing our game.

TheDon

finnster01

I must say the photo at Wembley of Capello and Terry speaks wonders. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but you have a 2 min silence to respect the fallen and you have a slumped over, uninterested, and tired looking England captain standing next to an Italian who is in a strict attention position. I can not imagine JT managing to keep the armband in the EC2012. A big  medal to the Italian though. At least he seems to take the moment seriously

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

It ain't gonna happen...

Football is rubbish at cleaning up its own house.