News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Fulham grow a pair and follow this?

Started by Ron Sheepskin, November 18, 2011, 08:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-15751878

Swansea City have warned fans they will be refused entry into the home end of their ground if they wear Manchester United shirts for Saturday's game.

The Premier League champions make their first visit to the Liberty Stadium, with the game a 20,520 sell-out.

The ban on United clothing was welcomed by the Swansea supporters' club.

The Swans, who have made a bright start to life in the top flight, are urging supporters to wear the club colours of black and white in the home end.

Swansea have told fans on their website: "Any supporters wearing Manchester United attire attempting to gain entry into the home sections will be refused entry, and will not be relocated to the away end due to Manchester United selling their full allocation."

Phil Sumbler, chairman of Swansea City supporters trust said the difference with seeing shirts from top flight clubs in the home section is that the Swans are now in the same division.

"I think it's been one of those generic observations that over the course of time it's not unusual to see Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea shirts at matches," he said.

"The difference is this season they are all the opposition.

"Swansea, like any city, has got a decent amount of Man Utd followers and you are not always going to get the chance to get to Old Trafford and they might see this as an opportunity.

"I'm sure anybody who is in the home end and wearing any Man Utd merchandise would be told by supporters before they are ejected."

Record sales

Swansea City have enjoyed record sales of the club's shirt for their first season in the Premier League.

An initial allocation of 6,000 shirts sold out on the first day alone when they went on sale in the summer, with fans having to wait until September for the next batch to arrive.

After 30 years in the lower leagues since their last top flight game, Mr Sumbler said people were "once again proud" of supporting the Swans.

A Swansea City spokesman said: "It is club and stadium policy that we do not encourage away shirts in the home stands for any game, not just Manchester United.

"We cannot currently satisfy the ticket demands for Swansea City fans, who are our priority.

"Away clubs receive an allocation of around 2,000 tickets for the away section. Any away fans in the home section deny Swansea City supporters the opportunity to watch the game at the Liberty Stadium."
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The 6 seats next to me in the JH  belongs to  Scalpers,  always different people for the 'Big ' games and empty for the
Wigan/Bolton type games ...............I contacted the club  in the beginning,  about 3 years ago ... but they did nothing.
I like being in the back row as I can stand .......................so I do not bother the club anymore

MrFantastic

if you want to watch a home game and sit in with home crowd than you should wear regular clothes or clothes supporting that team there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

BalDrick

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 18, 2011, 11:36:04 PM
if you want to watch a home game and sit in with home crowd than you should wear regular clothes or clothes supporting that team there

I know - surely the lowest level of decency would mean you'd wear neutral colours, maybe a T-shirt of the colour of your team under a neutral jumper/hoodie. But then the same level of decency would suggest you'd sit on your hands if your team scored early on.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: BalDrick on November 19, 2011, 09:18:16 AM

I know - surely the lowest level of decency would mean you'd wear neutral colours, maybe a T-shirt of the colour of your team under a neutral jumper/hoodie. But then the same level of decency would suggest you'd sit on your hands if your team scored early on.

agree, but the supporters of big four teams are not known for any level of decency,look at Chelsea for that, mostly they are loud obnoxious glory hunters-I'm not say every supporter of a big team is an idiot but if they are not they've in the away end,they know how the game is played

BalDrick

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on November 19, 2011, 09:28:15 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on November 19, 2011, 09:18:16 AM

agree, but the supporters of big four teams are not known for any level of decency,look at Chelsea for that, mostly they are loud obnoxious glory hunters-I'm not say every supporter of a big team is an idiot but if they are not they've in the away end,they know how the game is played

To be fair, and this may be due to the proximity of our clubs more than anything else, I've found fans of that club seem better on this regard than certainly either of the 2 red teams from the North West and Evertonians. And arsewipes actually, they seem to believe they have a god-given right to get away with anything they please (not unlike on the pitch actually).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

epsomraver

Spurs fans always seem to be the worst for being in the home ends, some even with spurs shirts, well done the stewards!

Quills

There was a woman in an Everton shirt sat a few rows behind me for that game and was openly cheering them on.  Fulham will never come out with a statement like that because then our stewards would actually have to do something during matches.

TheDon

Quote from: Quills on November 20, 2011, 04:23:53 PM
There was a woman in an Everton shirt sat a few rows behind me for that game and was openly cheering them on.  Fulham will never come out with a statement like that because then our stewards would actually have to do something during matches.

i disagree they would probably move you

Burt