watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our only chance gone

Started by The Swan, November 19, 2011, 09:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We have missed our only chance of winning any of our next three games.(including this one)Away to Arsenal and at home to Liverpool we will lose both games. My heart is telling me we can win both games but my head is telling me we will lose both.
According to the match reports on todays game Fulham played well and could have got a win.
The Swan

Basil

Liverpool are not that great. Lets hope Suarez is suspended and I would expect to beat them. We are pretty decent at home and they are no world beaters. Not sure why everyone has this down as an almost certain defeat.

FatFreddysCat

I'm sure you done the same post last week, so i'll give the same answer, i'd be amazed if we get anything against Arsenal, but Liverpool are beatable, if i had to put my life on it i'd go for the red scousers, but i dont, could go either way, but let's beat the troll pata's theiving herion adiccted murderers of their own,  and Juve fans . and haver awayers of Travers Motspur flag  :hook:. Oh and they steal Eurocup final; tickets out of kids hands. Scum . Vermin. We are the whites.

ImperialWhite

Read all about it!

"Fulham in goalless away draw shocker"

jarv

Swan, Fulham played well in the last 10 minutes. Prior to that, appalling. There were moments of sunday league defending.
Etuhu and Dembele were ok, the rest???? poor, very poor.

ScalleysDad

With no axe to grind over an away draw my concern is that we are now within touching distance of the three worse teams in the Prem but unlike them we seem to be static, slow and have no end result so its only a matter of time. Looking at Norwich and Arsenal and Swansea on the tele our aging back four are going to get torn to pieces and Chelski will do to us what they normally do. So thats nil away points out of twelve. Fortress Cottage is a bit flakey at the moment and although I hear what you say FFC even a lacklustre Liverpool will be better than the sum of the six or seven lacklustre performances today and Riise is'nt going to change things much. In some cases insipid performances are getting a bit tedious now. So Bolton it is then otherwise its more of the same post Christmas which again is getting a bit tedious. Wheres the verve, passion and energy gone ?????? With the investment, the game time and the patience shown should we not be a tad better off than having Norwich, Swansea, QPR way ahead of us on the verve, passion and energy ratings and are West Brom really that much better than us! If we get no points this side of Christmas its the same old start to a new year in the bottom three and striving for mediocrity.
OOOOOps picked an axe up somewhere along the way

Lighthouse

Here we go again. Play poorly in our four hundredth and thirty second consecutive away match and suddenly we are all doom and gloom. Look we had a back four. Two coming back from injury. Are injury problem and a millionaire full back wanting time off for his baby should be congratulated Plus our keeper has legs that can save certain goals and the goal was wooden all game that saved two goals.

Then there is our midfield. Hold on. Yes there it is. Etuhu was good today. Then there was Dembele. He passes one, passes two, passes the first one again, then passes to the opposition keeper.

Then BZ up front. You will not find a better target player. Well to be fair you wont find Zamora either.

Ruiz came on and made a great tackle in defence. Worth every bit of his fee. Yet a draw away at Sunderland and all we hear are moans and groans. Well I for one am proud that I could stay awake through the entire game. I know many didn't.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 20, 2011, 12:33:11 AM
Here we go again. Play poorly in our four hundredth and thirty second consecutive away match and suddenly we are all doom and gloom. Look we had a back four. Two coming back from injury. Are injury problem and a millionaire full back wanting time off for his baby should be congratulated Plus our keeper has legs that can save certain goals and the goal was wooden all game that saved two goals.

Then there is our midfield. Hold on. Yes there it is. Etuhu was good today. Then there was Dembele. He passes one, passes two, passes the first one again, then passes to the opposition keeper.

Then BZ up front. You will not find a better target player. Well to be fair you wont find Zamora either.

Ruiz came on and made a great tackle in defence. Worth every bit of his fee. Yet a draw away at Sunderland and all we hear are moans and groans. Well I for one am proud that I could stay awake through the entire game. I know many didn't.

With due reverence I pass my newly found axe to you. Southampton looked good.

Jack Fulham

I find when Fulham enter a tough run of fixtures, we usually end up with more points than expected then we drop points them in the 'easier' games. Arsenal look pretty damn good at the moment so it will be interesting to see how Jol approaches this game. As for Liverpool, they're beatable, particularly at home and if Suarez is suspended, they most certainly will be beatable.

ffcfairy

We all say Liverpool are beatable but they have won 5 of their PL games so far, 3 being away. And lets be honest, last year was perhaps one of their worst under Roy and as soon as they got Kenny back in, they came to the cottage and gave us a good seeing to! We dont want a reapeat of last season 5-2 defeat....one of my lowest days i can tell you!

Burt

Quote from: ffcfairy on November 20, 2011, 11:34:08 AM
We all say Liverpool are beatable but they have won 5 of their PL games so far, 3 being away. And lets be honest, last year was perhaps one of their worst under Roy and as soon as they got Kenny back in, they came to the cottage and gave us a good seeing to! We dont want a reapeat of last season 5-2 defeat....one of my lowest days i can tell you!

Not as low as when Hull came and stole a victory with their first attack of the match in the 93rd minute  :dead horse:

Burt

We do have a tough sequence of matches ahead of us but we do tend to step up a notch for the "bigger" clubs and I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with more points than we thought we would get.

Peabody

Why are you all surprised?, this is Fulham we are talking about. In all of my sixty years plus of watching Fulham, they have never made supporting them easy. I am sure someone could go back the past five, six, or even twenty years and find the same comments about us playing some pretty awful stuff and they are rubbish and he should be sacked or they should never play another game for us, so what's new?
As I say, this is Fulham and as far back as I can remember, it has always been the same. Of course I would like some consistency, of course I would like to see my team doing better, will it ever change?, who knows but I am a Fulham fan and nothing will ever change that.

BalDrick

Quote from: Burt on November 20, 2011, 12:39:50 PM
We do have a tough sequence of matches ahead of us but we do tend to step up a notch for the "bigger" clubs and I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with more points than we thought we would get.

1 would be more than I'm expecting.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

cebu

Quote from: BalDrick on November 20, 2011, 12:44:20 PM
Quote from: Burt on November 20, 2011, 12:39:50 PM

1 would be more than I'm expecting.

At last, some optimism. Fulham will succeed in surprising us all!

I'm thinking of changing my name to blingo.   :022:

Vinnieffc

Surely being a fulham fan is 95% pessimism but the 5% hope defies mathematics